Quantcast
Sony State Of Play - Iron Man VR, No Manís Sky VR, Days Gone Update

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony State Of Play - Iron Man VR, No Manís Sky VR, Days Gone Update

twintail said:
BraLoD said:

The problem was not the format or presentation, it was the content, or the lack of it.

They had no real reason to do that as it was, it was pathetic, or are you gonna tell me they need to mark a day and hour to show me that bland Iron Man VR game? Days Gone 15th trailer? A MK character?

If they are going to do this they need to do this when they have a reason to do this. If they had given say Death Stranding a release windown, that would already be something actually interesting and gather my attention. And its they major exclusive I'm least interested into by far.

If they are skipping two major conferences in a row of course they have to show us a big announcement too, even if I was completely not expecting it at all right now, they'll have to, eventually.

Even that quick Persona 5 The Royal teaser was miles more impactant than this whole State of Play thing.

They make me feel like not caring to watch the next when they mark it, and if they go and announce something big there and I miss it and get spoiled, then I'll get mad.

They have to set this right, do it when they have a reason to do it, and if it's as irrelevant as this it could very well be something weekly/monthly where PSN discounts and new releases announcements would make sense.

I'm giving them one more chance and that's it, if it's this bad again they have lost me, I'm lot making room to watch it when they release it for random irrelevant stuff like this. Not really.

This is so bizarre. You are this upset over a 20 minute presentation. A presentation that spent less than 2 minutes on average on each game shown.

Again, how can you even phantom that big announcements are going to take place this soon if they skipped PSX because of not having stuff to show? There are still future broadcasts coming, so something closer to E3 (but more importantly after Days Gone has released) will have something that is 'big'.

Do you really think Sony have a bunch of PS4 exclusives hiding away? Don't you think that they wanted to make sure that games releasing soon (especially Days Gone) got the social media attention over a brand new announcement? Days Gone is their next game and they will want all Sony talk centred on that as much as possible. So another reason why a big announcement was never going to happen. Death Stranding launch date just makes the event about Death Stranding. Now we have ppl talking about Sony's VR support, saying how thew new Concrete Genie trailer has won them over, and the Days Gone trailer looking solid. The stuff that is coming out sooner is being talked about. 

At the end of the day you are just upset that the conference didnt have any games that spoke to you, which is a fair point to have but you argue as if that isn't the reason why the event was bad when clearly it is. 

The event was bad, period.

They made me want to be hooked on that specific day and time to show me nothing.

If Days Gone have had little exposure up until now I would understand it, but there are like 8 hours of gameplay and trailers over the internet this past months. Even if there was a reason to show it again, it does not hold any impact anymore, they are making the game feel old already, and it did not even release yet. Look at how they treat TLoU 2 for example, that' how you do it. You tease, you show some gameplay/features and you let people wanting for more. Days Gone was been all over the place. Meanwhile they hide Dreams like a disease on their presentations and shovel it away on random videos here and there.

If they have nothing of importance to show, than simply don't do it. I'm completely okay expecting the major showing post E3 they will do, but if they tell me to stay tuned now they are holding a new presentation, and then show nothing of relevance then of course I'll get upset.



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
twintail said:

This is so bizarre. You are this upset over a 20 minute presentation. A presentation that spent less than 2 minutes on average on each game shown.

Again, how can you even phantom that big announcements are going to take place this soon if they skipped PSX because of not having stuff to show? There are still future broadcasts coming, so something closer to E3 (but more importantly after Days Gone has released) will have something that is 'big'.

Do you really think Sony have a bunch of PS4 exclusives hiding away? Don't you think that they wanted to make sure that games releasing soon (especially Days Gone) got the social media attention over a brand new announcement? Days Gone is their next game and they will want all Sony talk centred on that as much as possible. So another reason why a big announcement was never going to happen. Death Stranding launch date just makes the event about Death Stranding. Now we have ppl talking about Sony's VR support, saying how thew new Concrete Genie trailer has won them over, and the Days Gone trailer looking solid. The stuff that is coming out sooner is being talked about. 

At the end of the day you are just upset that the conference didnt have any games that spoke to you, which is a fair point to have but you argue as if that isn't the reason why the event was bad when clearly it is. 

The event was bad, period.

They made me want to be hooked on that specific day and time to show me nothing.

If Days Gone have had little exposure up until now I would understand it, but there are like 8 hours of gameplay and trailers over the internet this past months. Even if there was a reason to show it again, it does not hold any impact anymore, they are making the game feel old already, and it did not even release yet. Look at how they treat TLoU 2 for example, that' how you do it. You tease, you show some gameplay/features and you let people wanting for more. Days Gone was been all over the place. Meanwhile they hide Dreams like a disease on their presentations and shovel it away on random videos here and there.

If they have nothing of importance to show, than simply don't do it. I'm completely okay expecting the major showing post E3 they will do, but if they tell me to stay tuned now they are holding a new presentation, and then show nothing of relevance then of course I'll get upset.

Yes like you said, because of content.

They made me want to be hooked on that specific day and time to show me nothing that interested me - is essentially what you are saying. I get that nothing of importance was shown for you but that doesn't mean it wasn't important to other people.

and the Days Gone criticism is so weird. There is no reason for Sony to continue marketing their upcoming game? Do you know what marketing is?

I decided to check the amount of content PS has released on Days Gone. It was 16 videos. Guess how much Spider-man has? 30. UC4 - 34. GoW - 39. Horizon - 53.

And yet you are complaining about Days Gone being getting too much exposure? And your counterpoint is TloU2? A game that is a sequel to a multi million selling original game (DG is a new IP); developed by Sony's premier dev studio (Bend aren't); without a release date (DG has) and which hasn't begun its marketing cycle (DG is currently in it). Honestly, you couldn't have come up with a worse comparison.

You are right about Dreams, I will give you that



twintail said:
BraLoD said:

The event was bad, period.

They made me want to be hooked on that specific day and time to show me nothing.

If Days Gone have had little exposure up until now I would understand it, but there are like 8 hours of gameplay and trailers over the internet this past months. Even if there was a reason to show it again, it does not hold any impact anymore, they are making the game feel old already, and it did not even release yet. Look at how they treat TLoU 2 for example, that' how you do it. You tease, you show some gameplay/features and you let people wanting for more. Days Gone was been all over the place. Meanwhile they hide Dreams like a disease on their presentations and shovel it away on random videos here and there.

If they have nothing of importance to show, than simply don't do it. I'm completely okay expecting the major showing post E3 they will do, but if they tell me to stay tuned now they are holding a new presentation, and then show nothing of relevance then of course I'll get upset.

Yes like you said, because of content.

They made me want to be hooked on that specific day and time to show me nothing that interested me - is essentially what you are saying. I get that nothing of importance was shown for you but that doesn't mean it wasn't important to other people.

and the Days Gone criticism is so weird. There is no reason for Sony to continue marketing their upcoming game? Do you know what marketing is?

I decided to check the amount of content PS has released on Days Gone. It was 16 videos. Guess how much Spider-man has? 30. UC4 - 34. GoW - 39. Horizon - 53.

And yet you are complaining about Days Gone being getting too much exposure? And your counterpoint is TloU2? A game that is a sequel to a multi million selling original game (DG is a new IP); developed by Sony's premier dev studio (Bend aren't); without a release date (DG has) and which hasn't begun its marketing cycle (DG is currently in it). Honestly, you couldn't have come up with a worse comparison.

You are right about Dreams, I will give you that

Which criticism? All I said was that Days Gone had no impact there with so much content shown in the past months already, we had literally hour long gameplays handed to us. I even told you I understand there is a reason to advertise it now, just that is just don't have any impact anymore, we all know what it is, it can't justify an new event like this.

And I would be glad if you stop with this personal digs, it's not the first time in this conversation you try to resort to that, and I'm starting to lose my will to talk back to you. If you need to get personal to defend Sony on doing a bad thing, don't do that with me at least.

And of course I'll compare it to TLoU, because they are doing it right there, that's it.



BraLoD said:
twintail said:

Yes like you said, because of content.

They made me want to be hooked on that specific day and time to show me nothing that interested me - is essentially what you are saying. I get that nothing of importance was shown for you but that doesn't mean it wasn't important to other people.

and the Days Gone criticism is so weird. There is no reason for Sony to continue marketing their upcoming game? Do you know what marketing is?

I decided to check the amount of content PS has released on Days Gone. It was 16 videos. Guess how much Spider-man has? 30. UC4 - 34. GoW - 39. Horizon - 53.

And yet you are complaining about Days Gone being getting too much exposure? And your counterpoint is TloU2? A game that is a sequel to a multi million selling original game (DG is a new IP); developed by Sony's premier dev studio (Bend aren't); without a release date (DG has) and which hasn't begun its marketing cycle (DG is currently in it). Honestly, you couldn't have come up with a worse comparison.

You are right about Dreams, I will give you that

Which criticism? All I said was that Days Gone had no impact there with so much content shown in the past months already, we had literally hour long gameplays handed to us. I even told you I understand there is a reason to advertise it now, just that is just don't have any impact anymore, we all know what it is, it can't justify an new event like this.

And I would be glad if you stop with this personal digs, it's not the first time in this conversation you try to resort to that, and I'm starting to lose my will to talk back to you. If you need to get personal to defend Sony on doing a bad thing, don't do that with me at least.

And of course I'll compare it to TLoU, because they are doing it right there, that's it.

Your criticism of the show boils down to having nothing that interests you. This is clear as day even though you try to say otherwise. Sure you are disappointed that no game spoke to you, but you act like Sony is condemning their brand or their fans or something.This isn't me defending the show. It's me pointing out how nonsensical your rants are about a less than 20 minute showing. 

You criticise Days Gone for apparently having no value to anyone who watched the show, even though there are probably plenty ppl who saw this trailer but not the actual hours of gameplay recently. Guess what? I havent watched those hours of gameplay either. You complain that Sony are advertising it too much when I provide clear evidence that it is actually far more under advertised compared to their other big games. 

I didnt provide any personal digs at you. Anything you took offence to is entirely on you alone.

And no matter what you say, your TLoU2 comparison is still bad. And Sony isn't doing what you say they are doing. The game just isn't far enough in development or close enough to release for them to be sending out tons of media yet. 

Will the next SoP have content that is more to your liking? I hope so. By then Days Gone will be out so they will be looking to push trailers for whatever their next games are. 

Last edited by twintail - on 27 March 2019

Too much VR



Around the Network
Lafiel said:
ThatDreamcastTho said:
That livestream proved that they are saving all their content for the PS5.

I hope they have lots of games ready for the PS5 reveal/the launch year beyond PS5 versions of 2019/2020 PS4 games.

Absolutely. I don't even count multigenerational games as PS5 games. I am seriously expecting Horizon 2, some type of family friendly game like Knack 3, and one or two unexpected titles like Infamous 4 available at launch. Which studios haven't released a game in a while?



Disappointed.

They shoulda either made it clear that it was more about VR and no megatons whatsoever or just uploaded the video to youtube. I don't see the point in a bunch of trailers for less regarded games like that, without a presenter and live commentary. It doesn't feel like a show, it's a just a video. Why streaming? Besides it looks a lot like a Nintendo direct, even that carousel animation. They couda tried harder.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Just my 2 cents is that if Sony is going to do more of these streaming shows like this, it would be better if they just post it as a video to Youtube and be done with it. Really, most people who would attend something like this do not have to waste time watching a bunch of trailers we can easily do on Youtube which is pretty much how this even felt. Sony definitely need to do better. Get the developers interviews, walk through their games something more on a person fun level then this.



Machiavellian said:
Just my 2 cents is that if Sony is going to do more of these streaming shows like this, it would be better if they just post it as a video to Youtube and be done with it. Really, most people who would attend something like this do not have to waste time watching a bunch of trailers we can easily do on Youtube which is pretty much how this even felt. Sony definitely need to do better. Get the developers interviews, walk through their games something more on a person fun level then this.

Def. Early days though so let's hope they add to the presentation in different ways. Walkthrough demos are not a bad idea. Maybe 1 per show could work. Even if its shortish



twintail said:
Machiavellian said:
Just my 2 cents is that if Sony is going to do more of these streaming shows like this, it would be better if they just post it as a video to Youtube and be done with it. Really, most people who would attend something like this do not have to waste time watching a bunch of trailers we can easily do on Youtube which is pretty much how this even felt. Sony definitely need to do better. Get the developers interviews, walk through their games something more on a person fun level then this.

Def. Early days though so let's hope they add to the presentation in different ways. Walkthrough demos are not a bad idea. Maybe 1 per show could work. Even if its shortish

Yeah, I am not looking for alot just like one developer spotlight, let them talk about their game give some presentations thing like that.  For a streaming show, I am really not interested in seeing trailers unless its a new game and even then let it be something big.  Seeing another Trailer of Days gone is ok but I could easily just watch that on YouTube then see it on a live direct show.