Quantcast
Stadia is Everything Money Grubbing "AAA" Publishers Could Ever Ask For

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stadia is Everything Money Grubbing "AAA" Publishers Could Ever Ask For

I hope it flops and fails as badly as OnLive. Purely personal and selfish reasons really, mainly because I do not like Google from a business stand point and data sharing stand point. I also look at it like these are the same people that are trying to sell us this streaming concept with Stadia when they cant even make Youtube properly send notifications to our subscribers boxes properly.



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
As i said this is why the original xbox one could have been the tits

Well... that still required you buy a $400 box.

My only real issue with Stadia is actually something that google can't do anything about. 

The unpredictability of the internet. One second I'm streaming 4k stuff o youtube and netflix just fine the next I am in buffer hell. Or sometimes my router just cuts out completely and while at a glance it looks like it's working perfectly its not. Or atimes the ISP is down for whatever reason and I have no internet.

Its like if I play a game I want to be able to just pick up my controller and play it. With stadia I will never really know what I am going to get until I'm done playing.



PwerlvlAmy said:
I hope it flops and fails as badly as OnLive. Purely personal and selfish reasons really, mainly because I do not like Google from a business stand point and data sharing stand point. I also look at it like these are the same people that are trying to sell us this streaming concept with Stadia when they cant even make Youtube properly send notifications to our subscribers boxes properly.

You have a youtube channel???

I personally don't have anything against google...... I just don't like the idea of little control we will have over our games if this becomes the norm.

Right now its being dressed up as this liberating new thing that's breaking the shackles of traditional gaming, when in truth its seizing control and putting it in the hands of everyone but the consumer. ISPs, google, publishers.... they are all going to love this to bits because they can screw over the consumer.

At least right now I know I can just pick u controller and game and I don't have to hope that the ISP and google are ok with it. Strange how no one seems to be talking about that.



Intrinsic said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I hope it flops and fails as badly as OnLive. Purely personal and selfish reasons really, mainly because I do not like Google from a business stand point and data sharing stand point. I also look at it like these are the same people that are trying to sell us this streaming concept with Stadia when they cant even make Youtube properly send notifications to our subscribers boxes properly.

You have a youtube channel???

I personally don't have anything against google...... I just don't like the idea of little control we will have over our games if this becomes the norm.

Right now its being dressed up as this liberating new thing that's breaking the shackles of traditional gaming, when in truth its seizing control and putting it in the hands of everyone but the consumer. ISPs, google, publishers.... they are all going to love this to bits because they can screw over the consumer.

At least right now I know I can just pick u controller and game and I don't have to hope that the ISP and google are ok with it. Strange how no one seems to be talking about that.

Yeah I have a youtube channel.  You bring up a good point about putting control in the hands of ISP,Google, Publishers. This is always my main concern about digital only future. Its inevitable, its gonna happen, but thats when all power from the consumer ceases to exist and publisher/developers/isps dictate what price will have to pay for stuff at,with no choice whatsoever. 

I don't see anything special about Stadia at its core, I just see it attempting to do what others have already failed at. We will see how this works out when it releases, but I think its too early to attempt this, I think were still a bit away from this being an industry norm and a viable way to game efficiently 



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I hope that it flops. I can see it being on the level of Google+. Anti-consumer, no exclusives, no selling point at all in fact.



Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Intrinsic said:

You have a youtube channel???

I personally don't have anything against google...... I just don't like the idea of little control we will have over our games if this becomes the norm.

Right now its being dressed up as this liberating new thing that's breaking the shackles of traditional gaming, when in truth its seizing control and putting it in the hands of everyone but the consumer. ISPs, google, publishers.... they are all going to love this to bits because they can screw over the consumer.

At least right now I know I can just pick u controller and game and I don't have to hope that the ISP and google are ok with it. Strange how no one seems to be talking about that.

Yeah I have a youtube channel.  You bring up a good point about putting control in the hands of ISP,Google, Publishers. This is always my main concern about digital only future. Its inevitable, its gonna happen, but thats when all power from the consumer ceases to exist and publisher/developers/isps dictate what price will have to pay for stuff at,with no choice whatsoever. 

I don't see anything special about Stadia at its core, I just see it attempting to do what others have already failed at. We will see how this works out when it releases, but I think its too early to attempt this, I think were still a bit away from this being an industry norm and a viable way to game efficiently 

link? whats it about?



The only thing that sucks is that when this thing takes off and changes gaming forever, it really is the beginning of the end for games preservation. That's really all I care about. Basically every Stadia exclusive will be lost to time in a few hundred years. That sucks.



Well, this is new.

Read.

spemanig said:

The only thing that sucks is that when this thing takes off and changes gaming forever, it really is the beginning of the end for games preservation. That's really all I care about. Basically every Stadia exclusive will be lost to time in a few hundred years. That sucks.

How are you so certain this will be the future? 

People used to think flying cars would be the future, but we all know what a nightmare that would have been.



Cerebralbore101 said:
BasilZero said:
As long as I can play games, I'm fine with it.

What scares me most is that the majority of consumers in the USA feel the same. I'm really on the fence as to whether it succeeds or not, but damn I really hope it doesn't. At least not until PS5 has come and gone. 

Price and convenience will always win over everything else. That includes consumer rights or privacy. I don't mind this development giving companies more power because I live in a country with strong consumer protection.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So if this is a subscription thing, then how will they pay third parties? If its like 20 bucks a month, then Capcom would get 10 cent a month for their support or 1 cent per game people play per month? I just don't get how this would work.