Quantcast
Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

KLAMarine said:
jason1637 said:

When asked by reporters he admits to saying it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-biden-cory-booker-segretationist-senators-apologizeHe admits saying it in the video attached to the article.

Which one? I'm seeing about five in the link provided...

The 1st big video at the top of the site.



Around the Network
jason1637 said:
KLAMarine said:

Which one? I'm seeing about five in the link provided...

The 1st big video at the top of the site.

Ah, I see it now: still no footage of what Biden said but it'll have to do and it seems a very reasonable follow-up. What do you make of it?



KLAMarine said:
jason1637 said:

The 1st big video at the top of the site.

Ah, I see it now: still no footage of what Biden said but it'll have to do and it seems a very reasonable follow-up. What do you make of it?

I understand what he's trying to say. He didn't agree with them but they were civil and respected each other. But I think it was a mistake to mention segregationist specially. The situation looks worse for him when you look back at his record for opposing desegregation. And with the Democratic base becoming more progressive and less tolerant towards the establishment and the status quo Biden really needs to watch what he says. 

I could see Kamala Harris getting a nice attack on Biden for this on the debate stage.



jason1637 said:
KLAMarine said:

Ah, I see it now: still no footage of what Biden said but it'll have to do and it seems a very reasonable follow-up. What do you make of it?

I understand what he's trying to say. He didn't agree with them but they were civil and respected each other. But I think it was a mistake to mention segregationist specially. The situation looks worse for him when you look back at his record for opposing desegregation. And with the Democratic base becoming more progressive and less tolerant towards the establishment and the status quo Biden really needs to watch what he says. 

I could see Kamala Harris getting a nice attack on Biden for this on the debate stage.

Biden has such a record?



Well Bernie is all for Unionizing the video game industry.



Around the Network
irstupid said:
Well Bernie is all for Unionizing the video game industry.

About time, considering how many billions they rake in while the employees get shafted with crunch followed by layoffs.



Bofferbrauer2 said:
irstupid said:
Well Bernie is all for Unionizing the video game industry.

About time, considering how many billions they rake in while the employees get shafted with crunch followed by layoffs.

Yeah. Workers that are stressed, sleep-deprived or feel existential fear about being laid off produce worse products. And this is especially true for creative products like games. So this move is not only a good thing for the gaming industry employees, it is after all also a good thing for gaming fans.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

KLAMarine said:
jason1637 said:

I understand what he's trying to say. He didn't agree with them but they were civil and respected each other. But I think it was a mistake to mention segregationist specially. The situation looks worse for him when you look back at his record for opposing desegregation. And with the Democratic base becoming more progressive and less tolerant towards the establishment and the status quo Biden really needs to watch what he says. 

I could see Kamala Harris getting a nice attack on Biden for this on the debate stage.

Biden has such a record?

He did not support integrated buses for black and white students. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/05/joe-biden-busing-problem-226791



jason1637 said:
KLAMarine said:

Biden has such a record?

He did not support integrated buses for black and white students. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/05/joe-biden-busing-problem-226791

I see... What are his current views on the issue?



KLAMarine said:
jason1637 said:

He did not support integrated buses for black and white students. https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/05/joe-biden-busing-problem-226791

I see... What are his current views on the issue?

I'm pretty sure he supports bus integration now.