Quantcast
Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-congress-democrats/house-passes-democrats-campaign-finance-ethics-bill-idUSKCN1QP1ZZ

How many of these Democrats only took money from Bernie-grassroot-activists?

I support campaign reform, but Democrats actually need to win to pass it, and to win they need money lest they have a massive handicap.

Maybe the trick can work in the presidency, but there are many races (especially considering redistricting is coming soon) where funding is going to get tight. This purity-at-all-costs is sounds nice and all, until Republicans take the Senate and gerrymander the shit out of the places they can.



Around the Network

Strange dicussion here in light of the coming election. Money won't make the real difference since Trump won while being outspend by Hillary 2 to 1.

Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-presidential-campaign-fundraising/



In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Strange dicussion here in light of the coming election. Money won't make the real difference since Trump won while being outspend by Hillary 2 to 1.

Link: https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2016-presidential-campaign-fundraising/

Thanks for posting this, I was also gonna go down the line of other dems such as AOC being outspent as well. People are paying more attention to where the money is coming from and a big part of that is bernie in 2016 but also Obama. You can say a lot of flowery things but we already know you're in bed with your donors. If you think taking money from the same ones trying to stop campaign reform to "win" will get anything passed you haven't been paying attention. Bernie's already got a solution on that and is leading the charge for publicly funded elections and election reform. He's changing non voters to first time voters or getting them back into voting as well by showing he isn't bought.

In this day and age with more people paying attention, big money hurts more than it could ever help.



Japan Switch Sales comparison vs 3ds and Wii u: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226216&page=1

jason1637 said:
Machiavellian said:

Whatever, you guys are delusional.  Money is always something a campaign for the Presidency needs and having less money will mean you cannot compete in as many states as you will want.  Personally I will just wait to see how things shake out before making any type of decisions on her personal character.  People seem to come out of the wood works with all of these high and mighty principals but seem to easily throw them away when it matters.

If she never made the statement and raised money from big donors I'd just take it as business as usual cause raising money is important for a campaign. The issue is that he said she won't be doing this but at the end of the day lobbying big donors for the DNC will be raising money for her campaign. It shows had poor her character is.

It shows how silly she was in not making sure she had her message right more than anything else.  I am not a Warren fan so no skin in the game for her from me.  I just believe that she needs to slow down and really plan out her message and truly understand how she can raise enough money to be relevant in the Presidential race if she is serious.  She already sits on a platform that doesn't favor big money to begin with so she better have a plan B to get the cash needed to make a strong case for the nomination.



uran10 said:
Machiavellian said:

Whatever, you guys are delusional.  Money is always something a campaign for the Presidency needs and having less money will mean you cannot compete in as many states as you will want.  Personally I will just wait to see how things shake out before making any type of decisions on her personal character.  People seem to come out of the wood works with all of these high and mighty principals but seem to easily throw them away when it matters.

I'll point out 2 things to you.

1st: Look at the amount of Money bernie raised by small $ donors only.

2nd: Bernie hasn't run on any big money ever, for over 40 years.

His character is as clear as they come while others are.... trying to play people like Obama did. No thanks, I'm watching records and actions and the choice is clear. I'm also going to point out that while money is important, Bernie is raising a lot and he has more boots on the ground which will go further than money. He has people canvassing in all the states as well as donating. He's got the numbers to win and even more people are volunteering and working to help him get elected through his app. I should Know cause I'm one of them.

That is great for Bernie but he needs to win.  The whole reason Bernie went from Independent to Democrat is because he needed the national stage being part of the DNC supplies, the money and the voters.  Bernie is doing better now because this is his second go around but his health will be a big issue especially at his age so we will see if he can maintain momentum coming down the stretch.  

I will admit that money isn't everything but you definitely need to have enough to run in multiple states and succeed.  Being able to garner those swing states and maybe claw back the ones Trump won that were on the fence will be crucial.  Having the cash to run ads, make appearances and have people on the ground doing the leg work will be vital for success.



Around the Network
uran10 said:
uran10 said:

... She's a proven liar guys, just because she's said something doesn't make it true and even if it is that should have been the case from the start but it wasn't. The more you dig into her past the more you find out she's not what she's portraying herself as but if you're fine with getting hit with Obama 2.0 so be it. If that happens as Humans we deserve whatever comes of it. I mean, its not like we're at a very serious crossroads that might determine if our species goes extinct faster or not or anything but hey, sure. Let's take a chance on the waffler who calls a 200 page bill a framework, I'm sure she'll fight for that "framework", i'm sure she'll fight for that Green new deal cause she's lead on this issue right? I'm sure all the people who would be left behind by her student debt plan are happy right? Anyway this will probably be the last I'll comment on WARren in here, instead I'll just share this. On a real... More people need to start paying attention to actions than words. Look at records and actions vs rhetoric. Look at their past and don't dismiss at as "evolving" especially when the overton window in america has shifted to the right. Its all up to you but on a real, She's the 2nd coming of Obama and if you're fine with flowery talk and little action vs a proven fighter, then we as a people deserve whatever consequences comes out of it, cause let me spell this out for you. Trump doesn't need to beat Warren to maintain his presidency. The republican base is always fired up, he just needs to draw sympathy (the impeachment will help since it looks like they're covering up for biden since they wont go all in on all his crimes but focus on Ukraine) and point out how corrupt the democrats are. On top of and the main point on Warren, her record is her contradicting herself and lying over and over again (see getting fired as a teacher (she lied) and also native american heritage (she lied) ). Trump doesn't need the voters to switch to his side, he just needs them to not show up and its soooooooo much easier to do under Warren. So yes, take that chance. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Anyway, enjoy this wonderful Bernie video by Matt Orf again. He's doing an amazing job with these.

Oh and for those celebrating, here comes Warren being well.... WARren :)

Yeah there are things in her past that she's lied about  that I personally can't forgive her for. The biggest example being claiming Native American heritage to use affirmative action to her advantage. Being over a third Native American myself and having a strong connection with my Native heritage that deeply offends me. To have a white women whose ancestors are likely responsible for the genocide and rape of my people turn around and falsely claim my heritage her own for years in order to have an advantage she already has by just being white is egregious to me and unforgivable. I realize I'm in the minority here because not a lot of people care about the struggles of Native people and we are constantly even barely an afterthought in American politics but it's something that's important and something Warren can't simply dismiss because it sticks with people that do care.

Bernie is my number 1, I'm with him 100%. I will continue to vigorously support, campaign, and vote for him until this is over.

Last edited by tsogud - on 10 October 2019

 

tsogud said:
uran10 said:

Oh and for those celebrating, here comes Warren being well.... WARren :)

Yeah there are things in her past that she's lied about  that I personally can't forgive her for. The biggest example being claiming Native American heritage to use affirmative action to her advantage. Being over a third Native American myself and having a strong connection with my Native heritage that deeply offends me. To have a white women whose ancestors are likely responsible for the genocide and rape of my people turn around and falsely claim my heritage her own for years in order to have an advantage she already has by just being white is egregious to me and unforgivable. I realize I'm in the minority here because not a lot of people care about the struggles of Native people and we are constantly even barely an afterthought in American politics but it's something that's important and something Warren can't simply dismiss because it sticks with people that do care.

Bernie is my number 1, I'm with him 100%. I will continue to vigorously support, campaign, and vote for him until this is over.

~Banned - Ryuu96

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 11 October 2019

Snoopy said:
tsogud said:

Yeah there are things in her past that she's lied about  that I personally can't forgive her for. The biggest example being claiming Native American heritage to use affirmative action to her advantage. Being over a third Native American myself and having a strong connection with my Native heritage that deeply offends me. To have a white women whose ancestors are likely responsible for the genocide and rape of my people turn around and falsely claim my heritage her own for years in order to have an advantage she already has by just being white is egregious to me and unforgivable. I realize I'm in the minority here because not a lot of people care about the struggles of Native people and we are constantly even barely an afterthought in American politics but it's something that's important and something Warren can't simply dismiss because it sticks with people that do care.

Bernie is my number 1, I'm with him 100%. I will continue to vigorously support, campaign, and vote for him until this is over.

I'm not sure what is more offensive.  Your reply or the length of the URL for that image.  It's 59 pages long.

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 10 October 2019

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Snoopy said:
tsogud said:

Yeah there are things in her past that she's lied about  that I personally can't forgive her for. The biggest example being claiming Native American heritage to use affirmative action to her advantage. Being over a third Native American myself and having a strong connection with my Native heritage that deeply offends me. To have a white women whose ancestors are likely responsible for the genocide and rape of my people turn around and falsely claim my heritage her own for years in order to have an advantage she already has by just being white is egregious to me and unforgivable. I realize I'm in the minority here because not a lot of people care about the struggles of Native people and we are constantly even barely an afterthought in American politics but it's something that's important and something Warren can't simply dismiss because it sticks with people that do care.

Bernie is my number 1, I'm with him 100%. I will continue to vigorously support, campaign, and vote for him until this is over.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean?



 

I do not understand the attempts to have a reasonable conversation with Snoopy. Pointless.