Quantcast
Capcom Says They Might Consider Porting Devil May Cry 5 to Switch if Dragon's Dogma Sells Well

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom Says They Might Consider Porting Devil May Cry 5 to Switch if Dragon's Dogma Sells Well

Tagged games:

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

What a dumb comment. 

Does Itsuno even make business decisions at Capcom? Lmao. I assume he just develops the games. 

This is the type of shit I was talking about in our debate in the other Capcom thread!

Its not even a definitive yes we will port it if DD sells, its we will only begin to maybe start thinking about it if this 7 year old port that's already released on 5 other platforms that belongs to a completely different franchise and genre sells well.

Like what kind of shit is that? They already have close to a dozen old ports on Switch that they have publically stated to have sold well or above expectations, why do they need a 12th test game?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Jeez, was not aware it was a super old game, chill peeps.



I want dmc on the switch so ill buy dragons dogma. Hopefully switch owners who wants dmc will buy dragons dogma. You will only have yourselves to blame if dragons dogma doesnt sell well and we dont get dmc5.



Eh, I figure if you want to play big third party AAA titles then you gotta have something other than a Switch to play them on. Either a PC, X1, or PS4. Otherwise you're just missing out on a ton of titles. The Switch is fantastic for Nintendo titles and kiddy stuff like the aforementioned Paw Patrol, but it's not a platform one should buy if you're hoping to play Capcom's or any other third party's (aside from Bethesda it seems) big budget titles on it.



No surprises here, Capcom is awful with Switch users, for some reason.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
I want dmc on the switch so ill buy dragons dogma. Hopefully switch owners who wants dmc will buy dragons dogma. You will only have yourselves to blame if dragons dogma doesnt sell well and we dont get dmc5.

No they have themselves to blame, making people buy a 7 year old port of a game in a different franchise and genre in order to get a new game is the definition of setting yourself up for failure.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

What a dumb comment. 

Does Itsuno even make business decisions at Capcom? Lmao. I assume he just develops the games. 

This is the type of shit I was talking about in our debate in the other Capcom thread!

Its not even a definitive yes we will port it if DD sells, its we will only begin to maybe start thinking about it if this 7 year old port that's already released on 5 other platforms that belongs to a completely different franchise and genre sells well.

Like what kind of shit is that? They already have close to a dozen old ports on Switch that they have publically stated to have sold well or above expectations, why do they need a 12th test game?

Ok but to be fair what I was arguing was not that Capcom can't be criticized, what I was arguing is that:

A ) Criticism is inconsistently applied

B ) A company is not crap because of one system

C ) It is silly to use the "eggs in one basket" argument because it doesn't make sense

D ) There is a pretty repetitive nature of vitriol from the community

All of those things I stand by, to what extent is based on the situation. 

I still think the company is highly able to and should be criticized. 

To be honest I don't know how to take this because I'm not sure if Itsuno even makes business decisions. The reason why he is linking Dragon's Dogma and DMC5 is because both are his babies. It's the same as when he talked about how DMC would need a collection for Dante to be in Smash. So I'm not sure if he understands the implications of this, if he is a corporate part of Capcom as well, if he's being told to say this, or if he just means it in the most innocent way possible. Either way it's a dumb thing to say. 



Megiddo said:

Eh, I figure if you want to play big third party AAA titles then you gotta have something other than a Switch to play them on. Either a PC, X1, or PS4. Otherwise you're just missing out on a ton of titles. The Switch is fantastic for Nintendo titles and kiddy stuff like the aforementioned Paw Patrol, but it's not a platform one should buy if you're hoping to play Capcom's or any other third party's (aside from Bethesda it seems) big budget titles on it.

Nah that's a bunch of bullshit. It's not just Nintendo and kiddy titles that do well, it's pretty much everything does well on Switch. Indies have sold well, retro titles have sold well, previous gen remasters have sold well, Japanese titles have sold well, hardcore titles have sold well, etc.

Bandai-Namco, Square-Enix, Capcom, Sega, Koei-Tecmo, Bethesda, Blizzard, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Take-Two among other publishers and dozens of indies have publicly stated that their games have done well on Switch so to say that it's just Nintendo and kiddy games that sell well is just making up your own false narrative.

But your whole post misses the entire point. Most people understand that Switch can't run certain AAA 3rd party games so if Capcom said that Switch couldn't run Devil May Cry at an acceptable level than there wouldn't be an issue, the problem is they said you first have to buy the 12th late port in a different franchise & genre before we will consider porting DMC.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

This is the type of shit I was talking about in our debate in the other Capcom thread!

Its not even a definitive yes we will port it if DD sells, its we will only begin to maybe start thinking about it if this 7 year old port that's already released on 5 other platforms that belongs to a completely different franchise and genre sells well.

Like what kind of shit is that? They already have close to a dozen old ports on Switch that they have publically stated to have sold well or above expectations, why do they need a 12th test game?

Ok but to be fair what I was arguing was not that Capcom can't be criticized, what I was arguing is that:

A ) Criticism is inconsistently applied

B ) A company is not crap because of one system

C ) It is silly to use the "eggs in one basket" argument because it doesn't make sense

D ) There is a pretty repetitive nature of vitriol from the community

All of those things I stand by, to what extent is based on the situation. 

I still think the company is highly able to and should be criticized. 

To be honest I don't know how to take this because I'm not sure if Itsuno even makes business decisions. The reason why he is linking Dragon's Dogma and DMC5 is because both are his babies. It's the same as when he talked about how DMC would need a collection for Dante to be in Smash. So I'm not sure if he understands the implications of this, if he is a corporate part of Capcom as well, if he's being told to say this, or if he just means it in the most innocent way possible. Either way it's a dumb thing to say. 

B & C I completely agree with and I never argued  against either of those things.

A I havent seen many inconsistencies. The people who complain about partial downloads have complained when other companies do it. The people complaining about the increased price compared to other systems have complained when other companies did it. The people who complain about no physical release in specific regions have complained when other companies did it.

As for D, yes people will continue to complain as long as they feel they are being shafted, that goes for pretty much everything.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

B & C I completely agree with and I never argued  against either of those things.

A I havent seen many inconsistencies. The people who complain about partial downloads have complained when other companies do it. The people complaining about the increased price compared to other systems have complained when other companies did it. The people who complain about no physical release in specific regions have complained when other companies did it.

As for D, yes people will continue to complain as long as they feel they are being shafted, that goes for pretty much everything.

Like I said in the last thread I argued that all I possibly could. I disagree overall but fair enough. 

What I don't get is why they repeat the same thing. They have to know it's bad PR, I haven't seen a company be that out of touch since the Wii U days