Quantcast
Name a game you hated to see end...

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name a game you hated to see end...

Tagged games:

TalonMan said: 
TruckOSaurus said:

Did you do all the B and C sides too? And the strawberries? And the golden strawberries? This game has awesome end-game content!

I purchased the Collector Edition of this from LRG a few weeks ago, but as per usual with these guys, it hasn't shipped yet (and probably won't ship for another SIX FREAKIN' MONTHS!!). Regardless, I likely won't open it once it gets here, anyway - so this becomes a familiar situation for me: Is this game good enough to warrant a double-dip by me, and force a download purchase in order to play?

 

So - is it???

If you're into 2D Platformers, it's one of my all-time favorites. Masterclass from start to finish. A very well done difficulty curve and absolutely rewarding.

It also has a low-key, but pretty pleasant story. If you like it, even better, if you don't, it doesn't take away from the god-tier platforming.



Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
TalonMan said: 

I purchased the Collector Edition of this from LRG a few weeks ago, but as per usual with these guys, it hasn't shipped yet (and probably won't ship for another SIX FREAKIN' MONTHS!!). Regardless, I likely won't open it once it gets here, anyway - so this becomes a familiar situation for me: Is this game good enough to warrant a double-dip by me, and force a download purchase in order to play?

 

So - is it???

If you're into 2D Platformers, it's one of my all-time favorites. Masterclass from start to finish. A very well done difficulty curve and absolutely rewarding.

It also has a low-key, but pretty pleasant story. If you like it, even better, if you don't, it doesn't take away from the god-tier platforming.

I stopped playing the game near the end, so it's good to hear that there's a good amount of stuff to keep you busy once you beat the game. I think what really makes this game satisfying is how little downtime there is. You can attempt something a dozen times in a minute and it doesn't feel all that frustrating because you're never spending your time waiting.

It's very similar to a game called "The End is Nigh" from Team Meat in that regard. Brutal difficulty, but satisfaction that makes it entirely worth it.



morenoingrato said:
TalonMan said: 

I purchased the Collector Edition of this from LRG a few weeks ago, but as per usual with these guys, it hasn't shipped yet (and probably won't ship for another SIX FREAKIN' MONTHS!!). Regardless, I likely won't open it once it gets here, anyway - so this becomes a familiar situation for me: Is this game good enough to warrant a double-dip by me, and force a download purchase in order to play?

 

So - is it???

If you're into 2D Platformers, it's one of my all-time favorites. Masterclass from start to finish. A very well done difficulty curve and absolutely rewarding.

It also has a low-key, but pretty pleasant story. If you like it, even better, if you don't, it doesn't take away from the god-tier platforming.

Wow - hadn't realized it was that good of a game!!! I guess I'm gonna gave to make that duplicate purchase, after all...  :(



TalonMan said:
Mnementh said:

Well, I was a bit disappointed to see Kid Icarus:Uprising ending after 9 levels.

Spoiler!
To my surprise these end credits were just interrupted for a lot more pretty great levels.

Katamari Damacy was a bit on the short side, although admittedly this last level to make the moon is just outright awesomeness and the end credits are fun too.

With Zelda:BOTW I kept avoiding going to Ganon, because I didn't wanted the game to end.

Monkey Island 2, because it was a great game, but I hated this ending.

...and I just wanted to quote you, because I like that you've used the new "spoiler" feature! Ha! Ha!!!

Actually - that's not the only reason. I should also point out that I too, LOVE the Monkey Island series! Anybody that has played and can appreciate that series, is tops in my book!!!

Hehehe, I remembered that there is a new spoiler-feature and thought this was ideal as some may not know that.

And the first two Monkey Islands (as other LucasArts adventures like Day of the Tentacle and Indiana Jones) are among the greatest games of all time and should be held in high regard!



Greatest game event 2019: SIGN UP NOW!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Way too many to list.
But in recent times here are a couple I avoided completing for years, just because of that.

Nier: Automata
Persona 5

TalonMan said: 
Neodegenerate said: 
In no particular order

Mass Effect 3
Telltale Walking Dead Season 1
Bioshock Infinite
Persona 5
Persona 4 Golden

I believe this is the third or fourth post now, mentioning the Persona series, so this is definitely going to require some investigation on my part!!!

 

I'll ask you the same questions I asked before about this: Would you say Persona 5 (or, Persona 4) is the best in the series? Would somebody new to the series be able to jump right into the 5th (or 4th) installment? Or, would they be better served by starting from the beginning?

Which one is bet may come down to which cast and/or soundtrack you preferred. Though gameplay wise, Persona 5 is much better imo, as it has so many improvements and new features over the previous game.

A newcomer can start with whichever game they want. There are usually some references to previous games, or cameos of characters from those games. But other than that they are stand alone stories.



Around the Network
TalonMan said:
morenoingrato said:

If you're into 2D Platformers, it's one of my all-time favorites. Masterclass from start to finish. A very well done difficulty curve and absolutely rewarding.

It also has a low-key, but pretty pleasant story. If you like it, even better, if you don't, it doesn't take away from the god-tier platforming.

Wow - hadn't realized it was that good of a game!!! I guess I'm gonna gave to make that duplicate purchase, after all...  :(

It's one of the highlights of 2018 for me. I put 25 hours into it and I still have stuff to do (half-way through the B-sides).



Signature goes here!

TalonMan said:
Geralt99 said:
Ni no kuni series and Witcher 3 for me

I actually have both of these games sitting on my shelf right now - in particular, Ni no Kuni: WotWW had gotten my attention a long time. Is this the Ni no Kuni you're talking about? Or, the series as a whole? I had totally forgotten about this game, and am wondering if this should be my next play...?

 




I meant Ni no kuni wrath of the white witch and ni no kuni 2.

'Wrath of the white witch' is one of the best JRPG's of all time and i would definitely recommend it



Okami!



Super Mario Odyssey. It was so much fun, but when I got to the end, like Alexander the Great I wept because there were no more worlds to conquer. It's not a short game, but it's so action-packed that it feels shorter than it is. I cannot say the same for most other games released these days, which often feel like they overstay their welcome.

Also, when I was only a 12-year-old kid, when I beat Final Fantasy IV for the first time, I was actually kind of sad to see my adventure come to an end. It was the first game I played where the characters felt like real individuals with their own personalities and goals. The credits rolled, and for the next 17 years until The After Years was released I wondered what happened to the characters after their hard-fought victory over the forces of evil.



Geralt99 said:
TalonMan said:

I actually have both of these games sitting on my shelf right now - in particular, Ni no Kuni: WotWW had gotten my attention a long time. Is this the Ni no Kuni you're talking about? Or, the series as a whole? I had totally forgotten about this game, and am wondering if this should be my next play...?

 



I meant Ni no kuni wrath of the white witch and ni no kuni 2.

'Wrath of the white witch' is one of the best JRPG's of all time and i would definitely recommend it

Ni no Kuni: WotWW = Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I have this one for the PS3, sitting right on my shelf...