Quantcast
UK Charts - Far Cry New Dawn and Crackdown 3 Significantly Down, Metro ~50% Up Over Last Light (physical), Jump Force Strong

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts - Far Cry New Dawn and Crackdown 3 Significantly Down, Metro ~50% Up Over Last Light (physical), Jump Force Strong

Far Cry was #1 but it's about 85% down on FC5 sales last year although it's a spin off. 60% on PS4 and 39: on XB1

 

"A company that will likely be feeling happier with the result this week is Deep Silver. Metro Exodus missed out on No.1 by just 2,000 units. Yet more significantly, the game has posted a better opening week than 2013's Metro Last Light (released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC). This result is even more impressive when you consider the growth of digital sales in the six years between the two titles (digital game sales are not counted in this data). Launch physical sales for Metro Exodus are almost 50 per cent higher than Last Light. 57 per cent of Metro Exodus sales came on PS4."

" The most disappointing launch of the week belongs to Microsoft's Crackdown 3, which only made No.13. The game's launch sales are barely 10 per cent of what Crackdown 2 managed in 2010. Of course, the industry was very different back then. Xbox 360 was the market leading console, digital sales were not as significant as they are today (again, only physical is counted here) and Crackdown 3 will likely have picked up a fair few users via the Xbox Game Pass subscription service (which isn't included here)."

 

According to Bruno on Resetera C3 sold about 4,000 units.

 

Top 10

1. Far Cry: New Dawn

2. Metro: Exodus

3. Red Dead Redemption 2

4. Jump Force

5. FIFA 19

6. Resident Evil II

7. New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

8. Kingdom Hearts III

9. Mario Kart 8: Deluxe

10. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

 

Full report here: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-17-uk-charts-far-cry-new-dawn-is-no-1-but-metro-exodus-is-the-real-winner



Around the Network

I'm not surprised Metro is up so much, it's presence on consoles is a lot bigger then when Last Light released. Also not surprised Far Cry New Dawn did worse and I don't think Ubisoft will be upset with it's sales.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm not surprised Metro is up so much, it's presence on consoles is a lot bigger then when Last Light released. Also not surprised Far Cry New Dawn did worse and I don't think Ubisoft will be upset with it's sales.

Agreed, especially on PlayStation. It's fanbase was centred on PC/Xbox originally but they expanded nicely to playstation. 

I first fell in love with the series when they gave metro away on ps3 for PS plus subs. Started it and loved it so decided to buy the Redux on the PS4. I've platinumed 2033 and I need to do another play through to platinum Last Light. I'll be getting Exodus probably later this year when I work through my backlog. 



Metro Exodus did around 23K copies sold at retail. Not too shabby ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

New Dawn is even lazier and unpolished than Far Cry 5 and still sells, what a surprise!



Around the Network

I don't really understand Why UBisoft needed to release a new Far Cry right now.



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

I am fascinated by Crackdown 3 and its performance. Allegedly it did 4,000 copies down from about 40,000 for Crackdown 2.
Microsoft beat everyone over the head with Gamepass and one imagines that their goal was to use this to attract people to that service.
My question is, using their strategy, did losing 90% of your retail revenue retail sales game over game translate to sufficient Gamepass sales?
Or was it a complete wash due to lackluster reviews?



Nothing to do with Xbox not being a leading platform anymore, Crackdown 3 is a poor game amongst a generation of poor games from Xbox. Gamers are hopefully now not accepting this, which is why this whole generation MS keep releasing mediocre software.



CosmicSex said:
I am fascinated by Crackdown 3 and its performance. Allegedly it did 4,000 copies down from about 40,000 for Crackdown 2.
Microsoft beat everyone over the head with Gamepass and one imagines that their goal was to use this to attract people to that service.
My question is, using their strategy, did losing 90% of your retail revenue retail sales game over game translate to sufficient Gamepass sales?
Or was it a complete wash due to lackluster reviews?

Tbh it seems this is their business plan.
High volume, small-mid budget, short developement cycle, game focus.... to be the netflix of gameing.

So they must believe it can work.
Maybe they just havent entirely figoured out how to get the ball running smoothly yet.
Hopefully Crackdown 3 isnt a exsample future developed games aimed at gamepass will follow.



JRPGfan said:
CosmicSex said:
I am fascinated by Crackdown 3 and its performance. Allegedly it did 4,000 copies down from about 40,000 for Crackdown 2.
Microsoft beat everyone over the head with Gamepass and one imagines that their goal was to use this to attract people to that service.
My question is, using their strategy, did losing 90% of your retail revenue retail sales game over game translate to sufficient Gamepass sales?
Or was it a complete wash due to lackluster reviews?

Tbh it seems this is their business plan.
High volume, small-mid budget, short developement cycle, game focus.... to be the netflix of gameing.

So they must believe it can work.
Maybe they just havent entirely figoured out how to get the ball running smoothly yet.
Hopefully Crackdown 3 isnt a exsample future developed games aimed at gamepass will follow.

This game is not a good advertisement for gamepass so I have a hunch that they will go all in at the start of next gen and make Halo Infinite a gamepass game.