Quantcast
PS4 worldwide shipments top 94.2 million!

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 worldwide shipments top 94.2 million!

BraLoD said:
Evilms said:

Except that the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X don't have exclusive games, the Game Boy Color had a lot of exclusive games that didn't work on Game Boy.

That's exactly what I told you.

You used the "by having more powerful hardware" to start your point to reply the other user, and I pointed more cases where that is true as well.

I also separated the Pro and X from the New 3DS, which I told you had to consider as well because it also had exclusive games like the Color did.

So, why is ths 3DS not separated from the New 3DS?

Either GB/GBC and 3DS/N3DS or GB and 3DS.

GB/GBC and 3DS doesn't make sense.

Sorry I misunderstood, actually you're right about the new 3DS. 

But since we don't have the sales numbers and nintendo adds it up with 3DS, it's hard to know where it would really be. 



Around the Network
Evilms said:
BraLoD said:

That's exactly what I told you.

You used the "by having more powerful hardware" to start your point to reply the other user, and I pointed more cases where that is true as well.

I also separated the Pro and X from the New 3DS, which I told you had to consider as well because it also had exclusive games like the Color did.

So, why is ths 3DS not separated from the New 3DS?

Either GB/GBC and 3DS/N3DS or GB and 3DS.

GB/GBC and 3DS doesn't make sense.

Sorry I misunderstood, actually you're right about the new 3DS. 

But since we don't have the sales numbers and nintendo adds it up with 3DS, it's hard to know where it would really be. 

We do know the sales of individual 3DS skus, Nintendo gives a shipment breakdown every quarter.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Farsala said:

 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Hm .. I find it a little bit odd that less than half of PS4 owners have PS Plus? Is there something I'm reading wrong?

Anyways, great numbers! Can't wait to see what it can do in 2019 and 2020.

Consider the people that buy more than 1 PS4, or the people that share PS accounts and PS plus. Or bricked consoles that never got replaced. And of course the single player gamers, technically I shouldn't even have PS plus, but I get too much value from the free games.

Omg yes,same here!

And i also like a lot of different genres so theres always monthly free games i want to play.



I guess investors weren't happy. 



Kristof81 said:

I guess investors weren't happy. 

Investors overreacting per usual



Around the Network
Kristof81 said:

I guess investors weren't happy. 

PS4 is slowing down, Xperia is sucking $1 Billion a year with no signs of slowing down, and Revenue is down on Bravia. Sony has not laid out a road map to demonstrate how they plan to continue growth or even maintain the same level of success with PS5 after the PS4 fades away.  Sony is looking quite weak right now. At the same time Microsoft is looking extremely strong, and new players are looking to enter the gaming space, with Amazon and Google both working on streaming services. PlayStation is Sony's most profitable, and quickest growing division, but that does not look set in stone going forward.

Sony is going to need to show how they plan, not only to continue the success of PS4, but also how they plan to continue to expand sales of PlayStation Hardware, PlayStation OS, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Services. It is going to be a very interesting few years for Sony. The hype of PS4 is slowing, now they are going to have to get back to work.

Last edited by KBG29 - on 04 February 2019

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Kristof81 said:

I guess investors weren't happy. 

PS4 is slowing down, Xperia is sucking $1 Billion a year with no signs of slowing down, and Revenue is down on Bravia. Sony has not laid out a road map to demonstrate how they plan to continue growth or even maintain the same level of success with PS5 after the PS4 fades away.  Sony is looking quite weak right now. At the same time Microsoft is looking extremely strong, and new players are looking to enter the gaming space, with Amazon and Google both working on streaming services. PlayStation is Sony's most profitable, and quickest growing division, but that does not look set in stone going forward.

Sony is going to need to show how they plan, not only to continue the success of PS4, but also how they plan to continue to expand sales of PlayStation Hardware, PlayStation OS, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Services. It is going to be a very interesting few years for Sony. They hype of PS4 is slowing, now they are going to have to get back to work.



                                                                                                                                            

CGI-Quality said:
KBG29 said:

PS4 is slowing down, Xperia is sucking $1 Billion a year with no signs of slowing down, and Revenue is down on Bravia. Sony has not laid out a road map to demonstrate how they plan to continue growth or even maintain the same level of success with PS5 after the PS4 fades away.  Sony is looking quite weak right now. At the same time Microsoft is looking extremely strong, and new players are looking to enter the gaming space, with Amazon and Google both working on streaming services. PlayStation is Sony's most profitable, and quickest growing division, but that does not look set in stone going forward.

Sony is going to need to show how they plan, not only to continue the success of PS4, but also how they plan to continue to expand sales of PlayStation Hardware, PlayStation OS, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Services. It is going to be a very interesting few years for Sony. They hype of PS4 is slowing, now they are going to have to get back to work.

Exactly how I feel. I look at the big picture, I take off my gamer hat and step out of the bubble, and when I bring up what I see to the gaming community, they just shake their heads no. Then I look at what read and be like, you can't be serious.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

CGI-Quality said:
KBG29 said:

PS4 is slowing down, Xperia is sucking $1 Billion a year with no signs of slowing down, and Revenue is down on Bravia. Sony has not laid out a road map to demonstrate how they plan to continue growth or even maintain the same level of success with PS5 after the PS4 fades away.  Sony is looking quite weak right now. At the same time Microsoft is looking extremely strong, and new players are looking to enter the gaming space, with Amazon and Google both working on streaming services. PlayStation is Sony's most profitable, and quickest growing division, but that does not look set in stone going forward.

Sony is going to need to show how they plan, not only to continue the success of PS4, but also how they plan to continue to expand sales of PlayStation Hardware, PlayStation OS, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, and PlayStation Services. It is going to be a very interesting few years for Sony. They hype of PS4 is slowing, now they are going to have to get back to work.

My thoughts exactly..... had to look at the posters name like 5 times.



colafitte said:

 

Nate4Drake said:

 

Yeah, we are :

(Home Consoles)

PSX : 104,25 M

PS2 : 157,68 M

PS3 : 86,90 M

PS4 : 92 M a month ago...

 Total : 440,83 M, a month ago.

 This is called Playstation Empire.

To put things more in perspective, not counting the last consoles from Nintendo and Sony (Switch and PS4):

PS1+PS2+PS3 (348M) > NES+SNES+N64+GC+Wii+WiiU (281M).

And when PS4 and Switch finish to sell, the difference will be up to around 40-50M more in favor to Sony.

Home consoles territory has always been Playstation domination, and have never been any reason to think otherwise.

Until we get the ones that put HH in the same basket to show Nintendo domination in gaming



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994