Quantcast
Alita Battle Angel by James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez (based on the manga

Forums - Movies Discussion - Alita Battle Angel by James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez (based on the manga

I just got back from it and I must say, fuck the critics, that was a stellar final showing from Fox as a standalone studio. Robert Rodriguez and James Cameron made sure they really went out with a bang before being acquired by Disney (officially). The CGI, character development and action was off the charts. It IS a little exposition heavy, though, I must warn you in advance for those fixing to go see it.

I never read the manga, so I can't draw any comparisons to the source material, but if you like Marvel and/or CGI movies, you'll enjoy this.



Around the Network

All trailers I've seen looked awesome but yeah the eyes are just creepy as fuck. Makes me feel really uncomfortable. Good to hear they toned it down a bit.



Barozi said:
All trailers I've seen looked awesome but yeah the eyes are just creepy as fuck. Makes me feel really uncomfortable. Good to hear they toned it down a bit.

She is really beautiful in the movie so don't worry.

So...

Seen it ! LOVED IT ! Best live manga adaptation of all time (with "Oldboy"). It follows pretty much the first two volumes with less violence (but still violent in the movie). In the manga, Alita is kind of a sociopath and sometimes enjoy killing her ennemy (because of the person she used to be in the past). She still kills in this movie.

They can adapt other volumes and easily do a trilogy. (but it will be the case only if the movie is doing good at the box office).

3D is dope but I prefer to see no 3D in action scenes actually ^^.

Last edited by Keiji - on 16 February 2019

I saw it on Valentine's Day with my boyfriend. It was one of the better movies that I've watched in a long time. The battle sequences were badass. The story was fast paced in my opinion but it just makes me want to read the manga to fill in the gaps. I really hope that they make a sequel



I saw it on Thursday. I loved it.



My blog: CherokeeWriter on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network

I really want to see it but she's just so uncanny valley that it's off putting, like a Pixar Disney Princess in the real world... it's mostly the eyes but it just makes me uneasy and I can't bring myself to watch the film due to it.



I've been hearing very good things about it from actual moviegoers. Just shows how disconnected movie critics have become from general audiences.



shikamaru317 said:
I've been hearing very good things about it from actual moviegoers. Just shows how disconnected movie critics have become from general audiences.

F*** movie critics.



KLAMarine said:
shikamaru317 said:
I've been hearing very good things about it from actual moviegoers. Just shows how disconnected movie critics have become from general audiences.

F*** movie critics.

For sure. They shit on so many good movies, and then like movies that are absolute trash like Star Wars episode 8. 



Bristow9091 said:
I really want to see it but she's just so uncanny valley that it's off putting, like a Pixar Disney Princess in the real world... it's mostly the eyes but it just makes me uneasy and I can't bring myself to watch the film due to it.

You know I didn't like it neither on the trailers. But in the movie she is beautiful, like really.

Worst case you can still see it later when it will be airing somewhere.

----------

I love this track by Junkie XL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5f12dCS3QY

Last edited by Keiji - on 16 February 2019