Quantcast
Switch is selling better than PS4, PS2, PS1, PS3, X360 launch aligned

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch is selling better than PS4, PS2, PS1, PS3, X360 launch aligned

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

You then provide a source that shows there was 8, which was exactly what I speculated.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your 6-8 statement was talking about total since launch while the article is saying 8 in the current fiscal year.

 

I also dont think his Xbox talk is meant to refute what you are saying, he said he was curious how it did in a similar timeframe.

You are right again Zorg. I've been a bit distracted lately with some personal issues and it seems that I keep missing points. Maybe I should take a step back for a bit.

Sorry everyone.



Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but your 6-8 statement was talking about total since launch while the article is saying 8 in the current fiscal year.

 

I also dont think his Xbox talk is meant to refute what you are saying, he said he was curious how it did in a similar timeframe.

You are right again Zorg. I've been a bit distracted lately with some personal issues and it seems that I keep missing points. Maybe I should take a step back for a bit.

Sorry everyone.

Sorry to hear it, hope all gets ok soon.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

You then provide a source that shows there was 8, which was exactly what I speculated.

Correct me if I'm wrong but your 6-8 statement was talking about total since launch while the article is saying 8 in the current fiscal year.

 

I also dont think his Xbox talk is meant to refute what you are saying, he said he was curious how it did in a similar timeframe.

Yes, on both counts.



ArchangelMadzz said:
Funny how they keep swapping places when the other reaches the holidays..

 

jonathanalis said:
Interesting how it change spots with ps4 every 6 months.

The PS4 also received 2 official price cuts during that time.  The Switch is still selling at original launch price.



Mandalore76 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Funny how they keep swapping places when the other reaches the holidays..

 

jonathanalis said:
Interesting how it change spots with ps4 every 6 months.

The PS4 also received 2 official price cuts during that time.  The Switch is still selling at original launch price.

2 Official price cuts? Where did you get that from?

PS4's first official price cut was on the 9th October 2015. 2 years after launch. The switch hasn't even been out for 2 years.



Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Mandalore76 said:

 

The PS4 also received 2 official price cuts during that time.  The Switch is still selling at original launch price.

2 Official price cuts? Where did you get that from?

PS4's first official price cut was on the 9th October 2015. 2 years after launch. The switch hasn't even been out for 2 years.

The Switch will be 2 years old in less than a month. The PS4 was a month and a week away from being two years old when it got an official price cut. So you made an error in your correction. 

But I get what you mean. There wasn't two official price cuts to my knowledge. Maybe he confused it with a deal? Harmless miscalculation if so.

Last edited by AngryLittleAlchemist - on 08 February 2019

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

2 Official price cuts? Where did you get that from?

PS4's first official price cut was on the 9th October 2015. 2 years after launch. The switch hasn't even been out for 2 years.

The Switch will be 2 years old in less than a month. The PS4 was a month and a week away from being two years old when it got an official price cut. So you made an error in your correction. 

But I get what you mean. There wasn't two official price cuts to my knowledge. Maybe he confused it with a deal? Harmless miscalculation if so.

What did I say that wasn't correct?



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

2 Official price cuts? Where did you get that from?

PS4's first official price cut was on the 9th October 2015. 2 years after launch. The switch hasn't even been out for 2 years.

The Switch will be 2 years old in less than a month. The PS4 was a month and a week away from being two years old when it got an official price cut. So you made an error in your correction. 

But I get what you mean. There wasn't two official price cuts to my knowledge. Maybe he confused it with a deal? Harmless miscalculation if so.

I know it launched on the 23rd (I think). But the point is still valid.



ArchangelMadzz said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The Switch will be 2 years old in less than a month. The PS4 was a month and a week away from being two years old when it got an official price cut. So you made an error in your correction. 

But I get what you mean. There wasn't two official price cuts to my knowledge. Maybe he confused it with a deal? Harmless miscalculation if so.

I know it launched on the 23rd (I think). But the point is still valid.

Actually your point is wrong. Had your point simply been "oh, the Switch hasn't been out for two years", you would have been correct. But that was just a supporting point you were making. What you were actually trying to get across with your comparison was that the PS4 got it's first official price cut when it had been out for two years, and that the Switch has not even been out for two years, so Mandalore's comparison is flawed because you can't say that the Switch is still selling at it's original price as a supporting point for the console when it hasn't even been out as long as the PS4 was when it got it's first price cut.

But this isn't correct. The Switch has already gone on longer than the PS4 did when it got it's first price cut. Unless you were making a different objection with the 2nd half of your comment to Mandalore's, what that objection could be I can't figure out in the slightest. At this point you should agree with Mandalore's overall point, the only thing he really got wrong was saying that the PS4 up to this point had two official price cuts, but that was only half of your reply.

Hope you get what I mean. 



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I know it launched on the 23rd (I think). But the point is still valid.

Actually your point is wrong. Had your point simply been "oh, the Switch hasn't been out for two years", you would have been correct. But that was just a supporting point you were making. What you were actually trying to get across with your comparison was that the PS4 got it's first official price cut when it had been out for two years, and that the Switch has not even been out for two years, so Mandalore's comparison is flawed because you can't say that the Switch is still selling at it's original price as a supporting point for the console when it hasn't even been out as long as the PS4 was when it got it's first price cut.

But this isn't correct. The Switch has already gone on longer than the PS4 did when it got it's first price cut. Unless you were making a different objection with the 2nd half of your comment to Mandalore's, what that objection could be I can't figure out in the slightest. At this point you should agree with Mandalore's overall point, the only thing he really got wrong was saying that the PS4 up to this point had two official price cuts, but that was only half of your reply.

Hope you get what I mean. 

Seeing as we're nitpicking, you'd have a point if this chart was for the first 23 months. But it's for the fist 22 months. Both consoles hadn't had an official price cut within 22 months of launch.