Quantcast
Circumcision - Yes or No?

Forums - General Discussion - Circumcision - Yes or No?

DarthMetalliCube said:

I'm from right in the heart of circumcised land, the middle of the Mid West ha, so it's bizarre for me to step outside my bubble and see so many against circumcision when I'm surrounded my the idea and many circumcised males who still view this as the norm, and that being uncut is the weird thing.

You are weird if you aren't cut!  Our penises were made to be cut!



Around the Network
melbye said:
acer67 said:
most areas of country its still the majority and women dont like the looks of uncut they say they are ugly and smelly

I am not going to claim this chart is real, but this is apparently a chart from 2009 of circumcision in the US region by region(not state by state like i said earlier)

The biggest problem with that map is that it is grouped by region rather than by state. Some of those states in the west group would be much higher than it appears, as the high liberal populations in states like California and Washington are skewing the regional results.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 January 2019

shikamaru317 said:
melbye said:

I am not going to claim this chart is real, but this is apparently a chart from 2009 of circumcision in the US region by region(not state by state like i said earlier)

The biggest problem with that map is that it is grouped by region rather than by state. Some of those states in the west group would be much higher than it appears, as the high liberal populations in states like California and Washington are skewing the regional results.

Found another site that shows numbers by state and are newer. So Arizona, Nevada, Oregon and  Washington are all below 20% with California at 23%

Another interesting tidbit is that circumcision is higher in states where it is covered by Medicaid

http://www.mgmbill.org/statistics.html



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

melbye said:
shikamaru317 said:

The biggest problem with that map is that it is grouped by region rather than by state. Some of those states in the west group would be much higher than it appears, as the high liberal populations in states like California and Washington are skewing the regional results.

Found another site that shows numbers by state and are newer. So Arizona, Nevada, Oregon and  Washington are all below 20% with California at 23%

http://www.mgmbill.org/statistics.html

Yep, as I expected Montana, Colorado, and Wyoming have much higher percentages. I suspect that Idaho and Alaska also have much higher percentages, though that 2nd source has no data for them. Those are all either moderate or right wing leaning states, while the left wing heavy states of California, Oregon, and Washington have some of the lowest percentages. I am surprised at how low the circumcision rates are in Nevada and Arizona however, those states tend to be more moderate, and recently Arizona has been favoring right wing candidates, I can only assume it's because of the high Hispanic populations in those states, as Hispanics don't like circumcision (the circumcision rate is below 20% in every South and Central American country). I was also surprised by how high the circumcision rate was in Hawaii since it is a very left wing state, but I did some research and it seems that the native Polynesians on Hawaii performed circumcisions even before westerners arrived and circumcision is still highly favored by Native Hawaiian's today, and there is also a high Filipino population on Hawaii and Filipino's strongly favor circumcision (the Philippines has a circumcision rate of 92.5%). It's pretty clear looking at the results overall that the left favors uncircumcised while the right favors circumcised in the US.

That also means that for instance if you live in a high population city, an uncircumcised kid is far less likely to be embarrassed or made fun of in the locker room or when he starts having sex, than an uncircumcised kid in a rural area would be, as the left tends to congregate in big cities while the right tends to live in rural areas.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 January 2019

If its not necessary dont do it, since there is more risks than benefits (in fact i dont know of a single benefit outside of doing it for some health problem that requires it).

Here is my personal story.

In my case i got circumcized when i was about 5 or 6 years old but it was due to a medical reason, the hole in my foreskin was too small and it was actually creating a serious health problem for me, so i HAD to get it (at least thats what the doctors told my parents)... and i have several things to say about it.

1) It was the most PAINFUL thing i ever experienced and in fact after that i became incredibly resistant to pain, (because nothing will ever come close to the feeling of your dick bleeding all over the place...).

2) I have seen pictures of circumcisions gone wrong and its scary, ive seen kids who lost a big part of their dick due to circumcision and in my case thankfully the operation was perfect but its still scary knowing what could have happened.

3) Ive heard from people that sexual pleasure doesnt feel as good after a circumcision and sadly i cant confirm or deny this since i got mine before i ever had sex, i can however say that sex for me does feel AMAZING (by far the greatest physical pleasure i can get) and i even became addicted to it and porn when i was a teenager, HOWEVER after learning that circumcisions affect that pleasure i do wonder if it could feel EVEN BETTER.



Around the Network

I'm seriously considering some sort of foreskin restoration, just reading some of the recent data and anecdotal stuff that's come out in recent years about being uncircumcised vs cut and what is lost during circumcision. I mean I still feel pleasure and everything but I still can't help but wonder how much improved it could be, to the point where it's starting to irk me. And again - at the risk of being too graphic I do have somewhat tight skin to the point where there can be some mild discomfort/tension when fully erect. Really tempted to at least try to obtain a mild form of restoration. Obviously I can't get back all that was lost but even if it's 40% that's good enough for me..



DarthMetalliCube said:
I'm seriously considering some sort of foreskin restoration, just reading some of the recent data and anecdotal stuff that's come out in recent years about being uncircumcised vs cut and what is lost during circumcision. I mean I still feel pleasure and everything but I still can't help but wonder how much improved it could be, to the point where it's starting to irk me. And again - at the risk of being too graphic I do have somewhat tight skin to the point where there can be some mild discomfort/tension when fully erect. Really tempted to at least try to obtain a mild form of restoration. Obviously I can't get back all that was lost but even if it's 40% that's good enough for me..

Putting skin on won't undo the anything.

With circumcision, the tip was cauterized (maybe that's not the right word, but basically the skin was raw before and therefore more sensitive, but it hardened after the skin was cut off).

Honestly, sex is good with or without circumcision. But it's best to be happy with what you have versus thinking the grass is greener.



VAMatt said:
Cobretti2 said:

Yer but isn't it becoming less common now? By the time your son is an adult a circumcised dick may be the weird thing.

Yes.  But, the people in his age group are being born now.  So, those circumcision decisions are (mostly) being made now.

Just to let everyone in on something - while only 60%  of kids born in the US are being circumsized now, the rate among Americans born to American parents is very high.  I don't have an  official number, but I'm thinking 95% or so.  When talking to friends and family about this matter, nearly everyone was clearly defaulting to "yes, circumsize".  In fact, many of our friends looked at us like we're crazy for even considering leaving him uncircumcised.  It's basically only my libertarian activist friends that seem to even have considered not circumsizing.  

Wifey and I have pretty much decided not to have him circumsized.  As I said before, it mostly comes down to consent, at least in my mind.  But, it is a fact that this decision will leave our son with an abnormal penis, relative to people around him.  We don't have to like or approve of the tradition of circumcision here.  But, that doesn't change the fact that it is the standard.   Then again, somebody has to stop accepting stupid traditions, if they're ever going to change......

Yer what I meant was basically what you said ask around see what people are doing now because by the time he and adult it may be a norm for adults his ages not to be circumsised. 

Also  are your friends just doing it because that's all they know. Or have they asked questions like you have? Have you asked them other than tradition why they doing it?

I think you asking questions around to see who is getting it done and who isn't is a great idea.  If it was 95% getting it done then yer i'd be strongly thinking it should be done. 

The 95% you mentioned, is that 95% circumcised by American born parents still and the 60% is all kids from different nationalities within the US?

What I find strange is how did these women come to a conclusion that uncricumsised is bad? How many dicks do they look at to determine that lol. No one is born like that is there some sort of queen bee telling people you much only like cut lol.



 

 

Cobretti2 said:
VAMatt said:

Yes.  But, the people in his age group are being born now.  So, those circumcision decisions are (mostly) being made now.

Just to let everyone in on something - while only 60%  of kids born in the US are being circumsized now, the rate among Americans born to American parents is very high.  I don't have an  official number, but I'm thinking 95% or so.  When talking to friends and family about this matter, nearly everyone was clearly defaulting to "yes, circumsize".  In fact, many of our friends looked at us like we're crazy for even considering leaving him uncircumcised.  It's basically only my libertarian activist friends that seem to even have considered not circumsizing.  

Wifey and I have pretty much decided not to have him circumsized.  As I said before, it mostly comes down to consent, at least in my mind.  But, it is a fact that this decision will leave our son with an abnormal penis, relative to people around him.  We don't have to like or approve of the tradition of circumcision here.  But, that doesn't change the fact that it is the standard.   Then again, somebody has to stop accepting stupid traditions, if they're ever going to change......

Yer what I meant was basically what you said ask around see what people are doing now because by the time he and adult it may be a norm for adults his ages not to be circumsised. 

Also  are your friends just doing it because that's all they know. Or have they asked questions like you have? Have you asked them other than tradition why they doing it?

I think you asking questions around to see who is getting it done and who isn't is a great idea.  If it was 95% getting it done then yer i'd be strongly thinking it should be done. 

The 95% you mentioned, is that 95% circumcised by American born parents still and the 60% is all kids from different nationalities within the US?

What I find strange is how did these women come to a conclusion that uncricumsised is bad? How many dicks do they look at to determine that lol. No one is born like that is there some sort of queen bee telling people you much only like cut lol.

I would guess lack of experience and a lot of misinformation



Switch friend-code: 6700-1526-7903

PSN: melbye82

DarthMetalliCube said:
I'm seriously considering some sort of foreskin restoration, just reading some of the recent data and anecdotal stuff that's come out in recent years about being uncircumcised vs cut and what is lost during circumcision. I mean I still feel pleasure and everything but I still can't help but wonder how much improved it could be, to the point where it's starting to irk me. And again - at the risk of being too graphic I do have somewhat tight skin to the point where there can be some mild discomfort/tension when fully erect. Really tempted to at least try to obtain a mild form of restoration. Obviously I can't get back all that was lost but even if it's 40% that's good enough for me..

I dont recommend it mate, that restoration stuff is mostly make up. Plus it might make it look odd as you will be neither circumcised nor natural. This is the main reason I chose to circumcise my kid, because he had to get a foreskin operation but the doc said he could keep most of the foreskin but I would rather him be all the way natural or circumcised, didnt want some mixture in-between that might give him some confidence issues.