Quantcast
The reason why Nintendo will rule the world

Forums - General Discussion - The reason why Nintendo will rule the world

Mnementh said:
You get things wrong. These five stages are designed for a single event taking place and not fitting the worldview one holds. You can't apply it to Nintendo as a whole, as Nintendo produces events all the time. You can't even apply it to something like: "Switch is a big success", as this may vary in single years. 2017 was a good launch, 2018 was not so big except at the end. 2019 may be different again. These phases are really for single events. So maybe something like: Switch sold in December 5 million in the US (or whatever it sold).

Perhaps the "5 stages" work for both groups?  

Nintendo releases Wii.  Haters go through the "5 stages" until they realize that the Wii is going to be the most successful console.
Nintendo releases Wii U.  Fans go through the "5 stages" until they realize the Wii U is a dud.
Nintendo releases Switch.  Haters go through the "5 stages" again.

It's an endless Nintendo love/hate cycle of acceptance.



Around the Network

King Bowser will rule us all!



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:
You get things wrong. These five stages are designed for a single event taking place and not fitting the worldview one holds. You can't apply it to Nintendo as a whole, as Nintendo produces events all the time. You can't even apply it to something like: "Switch is a big success", as this may vary in single years. 2017 was a good launch, 2018 was not so big except at the end. 2019 may be different again. These phases are really for single events. So maybe something like: Switch sold in December 5 million in the US (or whatever it sold).

Perhaps the "5 stages" work for both groups?  

Nintendo releases Wii.  Haters go through the "5 stages" until they realize that the Wii is going to be the most successful console.
Nintendo releases Wii U.  Fans go through the "5 stages" until they realize the Wii U is a dud.
Nintendo releases Switch.  Haters go through the "5 stages" again.

It's an endless Nintendo love/hate cycle of acceptance.

Yeah, that works. Nintendo fans certainly needed to accept the failure of the WiiU. I watched this on myself.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Perhaps the "5 stages" work for both groups?  

Nintendo releases Wii.  Haters go through the "5 stages" until they realize that the Wii is going to be the most successful console.
Nintendo releases Wii U.  Fans go through the "5 stages" until they realize the Wii U is a dud.
Nintendo releases Switch.  Haters go through the "5 stages" again.

It's an endless Nintendo love/hate cycle of acceptance.

Yeah, that works. Nintendo fans certainly needed to accept the failure of the WiiU. I watched this on myself.

I'm in the Denial Phase when it comes to the Wii U. I still think it's great and deserves much more love.

#HotStuff #hatersgonnahate #WiiUmarryMe



Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

And people wonder about the comparisons to Apple fans.



Around the Network

I don't deal with graphs. Put it in a pie chart and then we'll talk.



pokoko said:
And people wonder about the comparisons to Apple fans.

Agreed luckily i dont need 2 jobs to afford a console



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

What about the third kind of people that just don't care about new Nintendo?



A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of his first breath to the moment of his last.



dharh said:
What about the third kind of people that just don't care about new Nintendo?

Thats denial



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

kirby007 said:
dharh said:
What about the third kind of people that just don't care about new Nintendo?

Thats denial

So i've been in denial since N64 days?  lol

And somehow I bypassed shock and anger?



A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of his first breath to the moment of his last.