Quantcast
December NPD 2018 thread

Forums - Sales Discussion - December NPD 2018 thread

PS4 won 8/12 months. That isn't almost all

 

lol



Around the Network
Evilms said:

PS4 won 8/12 months. That isn't almost all

 

lol

 

Well it's not lol. Almost all would be 10/11 out of 12 at least to me.

 

1/3 of all NPD'S won is closer to winning half than losing most.



You guys are argueing if 2/3rds is almost all, or not worthy of that tag.
Its close enough where either way of seeing it is fine imo.

End of the day, yearly sales are like (for 2018) (VGC's yearly global platform numbers):
PS4 ~18m
Switch ~17m
XB1 ~7.3m

All 3 consoles had good years.



Evilms said:

 

Excellent year, over 15 million sold between the 3 of them



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Great numbers. I expect January to be another record breaking month for Switch if Japan is any indication.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
Great numbers. I expect January to be another record breaking month for Switch if Japan is any indication.

Last year January was 5 weeks, this year its 4 so the weekly average can be up alot but still only result in a small overall increase.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
LipeJJ said:
Great numbers. I expect January to be another record breaking month for Switch if Japan is any indication.

Last year January was 5 weeks, this year its 4 so the weekly average can be up alot but still only result in a small overall increase.

I know, I'm expecting something like 10% up.



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

zorg1000 said:

Excellent year, over 15 million sold between the 3 of them

Sure tho.

Do you know the global yearly sales for all?



KingofTrolls said:
zorg1000 said:

Excellent year, over 15 million sold between the 3 of them

Sure tho.

Do you know the global yearly sales for all?

Sony gave PR that said PS4 sold 18 million but we have no official word from Nintendo or Microsoft.

This site has

PS4-18.0m

NSW-17.0m

XBO-7.3m



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

Sony gave PR that said PS4 sold 18 million but we have no official word from Nintendo or Microsoft.

This site has

PS4-18.0m

NSW-17.0m

XBO-7.3m

Thanks for response, do u think this numbers are more or less likely to be true?