Quantcast
Dreams Global Game Jam Stream At 5pm GMT Today!

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dreams Global Game Jam Stream At 5pm GMT Today!

I find it fascinating that no one has mentioned the beta (from what I can see). I think people are going to be shocked at what we're going to get and I still think people aren't quite understanding what Dreams actually is. Here's a few gifs of what people have 'throwing together' in the last 3 weeks. Imagine what people will be making in 3 - 6 months when they've got a huge collection of scenes, logic, assets, music, animations etc to draw on:






Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 01 January 2019

 

The PS5 Exists. 


Around the Network

I'm excited for it, but I'm not really the creative type. I enjoy seeing the work of others, and if possible kicking some cash their way.

I fully understand that Dreams is Creativity Engine for PlayStation though. It is a tool to build any game, video, music, app, book, and beyond, that you can Dream up. I just hope Sony puts in some way to reward the creators. They are the life blood, treat them well, and Dreams could open up the creative flood gates on the PS Ecosystem. Looking long term, if Dreams is supported by PS4, PSVR, PS5, and PSVR2, it could be the sinlge most important piece of software Sony has ever released.

I honestly think the best thing Sony could do with Dreams is make it free, and make money on royalties. I would go as far as making it one of the permanent Icons on the PS4 OS. Make absolute sure, that everyone that has a PS4 has access to Dreams. Follow that with a great pay structure for created content, and they can make this into something really special.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

We don’t talk about the beta because there is a very strict non-disclosure agreement...



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
We don’t talk about the beta because there is a very strict non-disclosure agreement...

You can still talk though. Just don't be specific! :)



 

The PS5 Exists. 


KBG29 said:
I'm excited for it, but I'm not really the creative type. I enjoy seeing the work of others, and if possible kicking some cash their way.

I fully understand that Dreams is Creativity Engine for PlayStation though. It is a tool to build any game, video, music, app, book, and beyond, that you can Dream up. I just hope Sony puts in some way to reward the creators. They are the life blood, treat them well, and Dreams could open up the creative flood gates on the PS Ecosystem. Looking long term, if Dreams is supported by PS4, PSVR, PS5, and PSVR2, it could be the sinlge most important piece of software Sony has ever released.

I honestly think the best thing Sony could do with Dreams is make it free, and make money on royalties. I would go as far as making it one of the permanent Icons on the PS4 OS. Make absolute sure, that everyone that has a PS4 has access to Dreams. Follow that with a great pay structure for created content, and they can make this into something really special.

You often have interesting ideas within your posts, and this is no exception. Not sure how the pay structure you reference would work, and highly doubt we'll see a system where Sony is paying users for content on Dreams. I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. Like you, I'm thinking this will play out for me as LBP did, where I'm trying out the work of others, as opposed to creating my own content.



Chinese food for breakfast

 

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
KBG29 said:
I'm excited for it, but I'm not really the creative type. I enjoy seeing the work of others, and if possible kicking some cash their way.

I fully understand that Dreams is Creativity Engine for PlayStation though. It is a tool to build any game, video, music, app, book, and beyond, that you can Dream up. I just hope Sony puts in some way to reward the creators. They are the life blood, treat them well, and Dreams could open up the creative flood gates on the PS Ecosystem. Looking long term, if Dreams is supported by PS4, PSVR, PS5, and PSVR2, it could be the sinlge most important piece of software Sony has ever released.

I honestly think the best thing Sony could do with Dreams is make it free, and make money on royalties. I would go as far as making it one of the permanent Icons on the PS4 OS. Make absolute sure, that everyone that has a PS4 has access to Dreams. Follow that with a great pay structure for created content, and they can make this into something really special.

You often have interesting ideas within your posts, and this is no exception. Not sure how the pay structure you reference would work, and highly doubt we'll see a system where Sony is paying users for content on Dreams. I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. Like you, I'm thinking this will play out for me as LBP did, where I'm trying out the work of others, as opposed to creating my own content.

They could give some PSN credit to the creators. "Create games for others to pay for your own games", could work very well without being too complicated for Sony, and it keeps the money in the Playstation ecosystem. 

Honestly, they could even put Dreams on the PS5 OS, which would at the same time make lots of small games to play while waiting for more big hitters after launch. 



Damn this thing could be an unlimited resource for new ps exclusive games crossing into next gen,an easy to work with userfriendly engine for a whole community that keeps getting updates.



im not sold on it yet



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

GribbleGrunger said:
Tmfwang said:
We don’t talk about the beta because there is a very strict non-disclosure agreement...

You can still talk though. Just don't be specific! :)

Whoever leaked that footage definitely broke the NDA :O



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
GribbleGrunger said:

You can still talk though. Just don't be specific! :)

Whoever leaked that footage definitely broke the NDA :O

Well, it wasn't me. The reason I've posted it here is because it's been up on a much bigger site for a very long time and MM haven't asked to have it taken down. I got given a spare code so I couldn't get access to other people's creations or the forum ... UNTIL A FEW MINUTES AGO! Good old Alex sorted me out and now I'm looking through the creations. This thing is going to be HUGE. I'm blown away.



 

The PS5 Exists.