Quantcast
Console exclusives by year

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console exclusives by year

This chart would've been very useful had there not been inconsistencies, updated to date, and a list of every single exclusive for each console.

Still, I think it's obvious PS4 technically has the most exclusives and, with the exception of this year, the most high scoring exclusives. Switch meanwhile probably won this year and may win the next few.

Microsoft needs to get it together going into the next gen. I say this as an Xbox One owner who recently got a Switch and plays PS4 at friend's places.



Around the Network

I'll never understand arguments based around exclusions. Seems like a waste of time to me. What matters are the games a particular platform DOES have. When someone starts saying things like, "that doesn't count because it was also on blah blah blah," then they totally lose me. If I'm deciding between platforms then I want to see ALL the games that they can play.



pokoko said:
I'll never understand arguments based around exclusions. Seems like a waste of time to me. What matters are the games a particular platform DOES have. When someone starts saying things like, "that doesn't count because it was also on blah blah blah," then they totally lose me. If I'm deciding between platforms then I want to see ALL the games that they can play.

With regards to this thread, what people take issue with is the incorrect usage of the term. If you're going to make a bunch of charts about exclusives, at least use the term properly. It's like making a thread about the best fruits and including vegetables.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 26 December 2018

curl-6 said:
pokoko said:
I'll never understand arguments based around exclusions. Seems like a waste of time to me. What matters are the games a particular platform DOES have. When someone starts saying things like, "that doesn't count because it was also on blah blah blah," then they totally lose me. If I'm deciding between platforms then I want to see ALL the games that they can play.

With regards to this thread, what people take issue with is the incorrect usage of the term. If you're going to make a bunch of charts about exclusives, at least use the term properly. It's like making a thread about the best fruits and including vegetables.

And this is me saying that you shouldn't leave out the tomato because it's not an exclusive.



pokoko said:
curl-6 said:

With regards to this thread, what people take issue with is the incorrect usage of the term. If you're going to make a bunch of charts about exclusives, at least use the term properly. It's like making a thread about the best fruits and including vegetables.

And this is me saying that you shouldn't leave out the tomato because it's not an exclusive.

The tomato can go on a different list that includes both fruits & vegetables then. A "where do people commonly associate these things" list rather than a technically correct list. The "system association" list might be more useful for people who aren't console collectors.

The only corner cases I would even bother appending as an honorable mention in a list of actual factual game exclusives is a) significant remasters/borderline remakes; b) games only available for one system in a major market but for multiple in others; c) games that were exclusive for at least a year before being ported away; d) system-specific ports of games previously exclusive to systems that relatively few people owned. As such, the OP is a muddled mess IMO.



Around the Network
pokoko said:
curl-6 said:

With regards to this thread, what people take issue with is the incorrect usage of the term. If you're going to make a bunch of charts about exclusives, at least use the term properly. It's like making a thread about the best fruits and including vegetables.

And this is me saying that you shouldn't leave out the tomato because it's not an exclusive.

If the charts had simply been about "highest rated/most games per system" then sure, by all means, leave them all in. But as the very basis of the charts was to tally exclusives, we're simply pointing out its failure to abide by its own rules.

 



really shows just how much the Switch undermined the industry. once it took off, the PS4 lost about half its exclusivity total.



curl-6 said:
pokoko said:

And this is me saying that you shouldn't leave out the tomato because it's not an exclusive.

If the charts had simply been about "highest rated/most games per system" then sure, by all means, leave them all in. But as the very basis of the charts was to tally exclusives, we're simply pointing out its failure to abide by its own rules.

 

What do you mean?  I'm saying that the basis of the charts are terrible.



pokoko said:
curl-6 said:

If the charts had simply been about "highest rated/most games per system" then sure, by all means, leave them all in. But as the very basis of the charts was to tally exclusives, we're simply pointing out its failure to abide by its own rules.

 

What do you mean?  I'm saying that the basis of the charts are terrible.

Fair enough. We can at least both agree the charts are terrible, just for different reasons.



Intrinsic said:
Mnementh said:

When why Vita and WiiU sold that badly despite so many exclusives?

Cause there were a lot more to those consoles doing poorly.

How about you make a list of consoles that went on to sell very well thanks to exclusives?

And if you think exclusives dont mean anything to the overall value of a platform then....... well i don't know what to say to u. 

So you actually agree with me, but try to make it look like you don't. If there is more to the failure of WiiU and Vita, then it is also a reason for other consoles to succeed, because they did things differently. So exclusives are just a part in the whole picture.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter