Quantcast
Spider-Man Is The Fastest Selling Superhero Game In The US

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spider-Man Is The Fastest Selling Superhero Game In The US

Replicant said:

The downplaying in this thread is through the roof.

Using the "My PS4 Life" videos, Gamestat has discovered that 8.9 mill profiles have played Spider-Man and that's with all the bundles and games still waiting to be unwrapped for Christmast. The actual sales number will of course be lower but everything is pointing towards a huge success. Can't wait to have solid numbers.

 

Kerotan said:
Replicant said:

The downplaying in this thread is through the roof.

Using the "My PS4 Life" videos, Gamestat has discovered that 8.9 mill profiles have played Spider-Man and that's with all the bundles and games still waiting to be unwrapped for Christmast. The actual sales number will of course be lower but everything is pointing towards a huge success. Can't wait to have solid numbers.

I never thought I'd see the day when a ps4 exclusive that sells around 9m in a few months would be downplayed. What a time to be alive. 

 

Keiji said:
Kerotan said:

I never thought I'd see the day when a ps4 exclusive that sells around 9m in a few months would be downplayed. What a time to be alive. 

I laughed...

Point made, guys. Now, please let it be.



                                                                                                                                            

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Farsala said:
"Fastest selling" is always the worst PR. But to compound the problem, this is also "Fastest selling (in $ revenue in the US)". $ revenue could have been vastly different than Arkham depending on holidays vs regular months or Sony first party vs WB or a multitude of different pricing strategies and etc. In the end a not very useful thing to say unless you are NPD and want to hide actual numbers behind something that companies and investors want to hear. But for number purists like us, it is pretty much worthless.

It doesn't include bundles though which we know would be much higher. 

Yep, which also means we have no idea how much it sold. And also makes the pricing situation a lot different than Arkham or any other game. Which again refers back to my post.



CGI-Quality said:
Replicant said:

The downplaying in this thread is through the roof.

Using the "My PS4 Life" videos, Gamestat has discovered that 8.9 mill profiles have played Spider-Man and that's with all the bundles and games still waiting to be unwrapped for Christmast. The actual sales number will of course be lower but everything is pointing towards a huge success. Can't wait to have solid numbers.

 

Kerotan said:

I never thought I'd see the day when a ps4 exclusive that sells around 9m in a few months would be downplayed. What a time to be alive. 

 

Keiji said:

I laughed...

Point made, guys. Now, please let it be.

And those numbers are like a month old.Factoring some additional holiday sales and continued bundles globally (albeit at a bit higher price than 199) it surely is at 9m sales by now. I guess 10m announcement would be incoming by fiscal year closing. We would then have God of War and Spider-Man for Sony that reached 10m copies sold for this year and quite some other games with high numbers. 



29/08/14:

PS4 will sell 25 million units before 31st of March!

Edit: I didn't state what year! HAHA, so I'm still right in some sense

elazz said:
CGI-Quality said:

 

 

Point made, guys. Now, please let it be.

And those numbers are like a month old.Factoring some additional holiday sales and continued bundles globally (albeit at a bit higher price than 199) it surely is at 9m sales by now. I guess 10m announcement would be incoming by fiscal year closing. We would then have God of War and Spider-Man for Sony that reached 10m copies sold for this year and quite some other games with high numbers. 

I'm looking forward to it already. Unless Sony decide against announcing the milestone. 



MAU...ST impressive Sony! 

Kerotan said:
elazz said:

And those numbers are like a month old.Factoring some additional holiday sales and continued bundles globally (albeit at a bit higher price than 199) it surely is at 9m sales by now. I guess 10m announcement would be incoming by fiscal year closing. We would then have God of War and Spider-Man for Sony that reached 10m copies sold for this year and quite some other games with high numbers. 

I'm looking forward to it already. Unless Sony decide against announcing the milestone

I'm starting to think so, Sony is like it has made a vow of silence recently about anything PS related. I don't think it really matters Sony giving actual numbers after the holiday season. They will only say good holiday season thanks to games like Spiderman and God of war in the Q3 sales and that will be it, i'm afraid....



Around the Network

hope they announce a sequel still preferred arkham city as my fave superhero game but this Game had some of my favorite boss battles ever



Gratulation! The real-movies are boring for me, but the game is very great.

My prognosis: Worldwide too. Not only in the usa : )



Open World-Survival-Game for PlayStation 4, "Days Gone" in april :)

While I would love actual total value/unit attached to this, I do love the success for this title. Hopefully all of this eventually leads to venom done right as well in the eventual spider-man 2 or spider-man 3 game. I really want Venom to be correctly treated.



 

CGI-Quality said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Batman games were boring? Damn you got no taste. They were the pinnacle of good game design.

They definitely weren’t the pinnacle of good game design. They were well made games, though. Just weren’t for everyone (like any other game).

They definitely were. The way the areas were designed, the way various systems in the world combined to create a cohesive whole and its fantastic pacing are fantastic.

melbye said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Batman games were boring? Damn you got no taste. They were the pinnacle of good game design.

A little bit childish isn't it, saying someone has no taste because they don't like the same games as you.

Spiderman and Batman are in the same vein and Spidey takes a lot from the Arkham games, and does most of it worse. You can't call it fun and Arkham boring at the same time, when its a similar and worse game than Arkham City.

VAMatt said:
There are very few good superhero games though. So, what this really means is that Spidey beat Arkham. That's still impressive, but the context is important.

Infamous is fantastic. It may not sell well but its the true contender for best superhero series apart from Batman Arkham.

Spiderman is good but it doesn't have the calibur of these two amazing series.



GOWTLOZ said:
CGI-Quality said:

They definitely weren’t the pinnacle of good game design. They were well made games, though. Just weren’t for everyone (like any other game).

They definitely were. The way the areas were designed, the way various systems in the world combined to create a cohesive whole and its fantastic pacing are fantastic.

Nope. They were excellent games, but not top-of-their-class in Game Design.