Quantcast
What's the point in having children?

Forums - General Discussion - What's the point in having children?

VAMatt said:
SvennoJ said:

One of the draw backs in having children 'late' in life. We were in out thirties when the first was born.

I'm 38 and the wife is 39, and we're on our first (likely only) child.

I had a friend several years ago that had her first child at 40.  She specifically told me not to wait that long, as it's a lot harder to handle all the stuff that goes along with a kid when you're older.  Clearly, I didn't listen, and I'll have to learn the hard way.  

I'm 37 and my wife is 39. Things will be interesting for sure.



Around the Network
VAMatt said:
SvennoJ said:

One of the draw backs in having children 'late' in life. We were in out thirties when the first was born.

I'm 38 and the wife is 39, and we're on our first (likely only) child.

I had a friend several years ago that had her first child at 40.  She specifically told me not to wait that long, as it's a lot harder to handle all the stuff that goes along with a kid when you're older.  Clearly, I didn't listen, and I'll have to learn the hard way.  

You did not have to listen ,there are also people that are able to handle it better at an older age.



Runa216 said:
Kslost said:
I think some people have more children to get more government money.

When browsing forums I tend to poke my head into random threads with the intention of reading the replies until I get to one so foolish it makes my brain peace out. 

Congratulations; this post is what made my brain give up on this thread and stop reading! 

But it is the truth, in the UK and Sweden immigrants do it for the gov money.



Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Runa216 said:

When browsing forums I tend to poke my head into random threads with the intention of reading the replies until I get to one so foolish it makes my brain peace out. 

Congratulations; this post is what made my brain give up on this thread and stop reading! 

But it is the truth, in the UK and Sweden immigrants do it for the gov money.

I heard people saying that,they never even come close or know anything about immigrants and just repeat what others say.

Its easy to be closeminded.



If you See having children as a reproduction to populate the world, please never make children. Never. I dont want to have any Child have a father Like you. A Person asking whats the Point of having children should never ever Touch a Child.

I am a Proud father .I Love him about anything and i would give my life to him anytime He needs it. Thats having children. If you See Them as Objekts and dont even Understand the simple meaning of beeing a Parent never make one and never Touch one. And stay away from my kid. God knows what you could do If you think that way about children.



Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:

I heard people saying that,they never even come close or know anything about immigrants and just repeat what others say.

Its easy to be closeminded.

I know for a fact that it is happening in Sweden because my employee's son has been living and working there for over a decade, every day on streets and in grocery stores he sees dirty (literally) middle eastern immigrants with their little children, they don't want to work and live off the gov $$.



Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I heard people saying that,they never even come close or know anything about immigrants and just repeat what others say.

Its easy to be closeminded.

I know for a fact that it is happening in Sweden because my employee's son has been living and working there for over a decade, every day on streets and in grocery stores he sees dirty (literally) middle eastern immigrants with their little children, they don't want to work and live off the gov $$.

Ofcourse, you know someone that knows someone that saw someone, what a great source you have there to be generalising so easely.



Immersiveunreality said:

Ofcourse, you know someone that knows someone that saw someone, what a great source you have there to be generalising so easely.

I'm not generalizing, I'm saying that some immigrants milk the system that way.



Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

m0ney said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Ofcourse, you know someone that knows someone that saw someone, what a great source you have there to be generalising so easely.

I'm not generalizing, I'm saying that some immigrants milk the system that way.

Same as some naturals. A friend of my mother had a kid and used it as an excuse to live off government money. She didn't want to work as the government provided enough to live decently enjoying plenty comforts. Some people are just lazy. That was in the Netherlands.

My mother used to work with refugees helping them settle in and I never got the impression from her that they were lazy. One did attempt suicide by train and lost a leg. That's also a way to milk the system...



SvennoJ said:
m0ney said:

I'm not generalizing, I'm saying that some immigrants milk the system that way.

Same as some naturals. A friend of my mother had a kid and used it as an excuse to live off government money. She didn't want to work as the government provided enough to live decently enjoying plenty comforts. Some people are just lazy. That was in the Netherlands.

My mother used to work with refugees helping them settle in and I never got the impression from her that they were lazy. One did attempt suicide by train and lost a leg. That's also a way to milk the system...

Yeah i just find it pretty closeminded to attach such habits to immigrants when its something all people do and that only because he heard some say.

This kind of thought just makes the gap between groups of people even wider and unneeded xenofobic behaviour grow out of it.

Seems you had a good mother to learn from. :)