Quantcast
Brexit
KingofTrolls said:
Pyro as Bill said:

We stepped in to WW1 at the last minute (in British terms not American) and could quite easily have stayed neutral or chose the other team. We should have stayed neutral in both wars and played both sides so we could keep our immense wealth but we're too noble for that.

United Kingdom's safety is determined by Belgian ground, France or Germany conquering Belgium/Holland is a lethal threat to UK. 

Also, this is why UK could not stay neutral in both wars. Nobody can live with a knife next to throat every day.

In fact, had the Germans not invaded Belgium and Luxembourg to circumvent the main French fortification line, the UK would most probably have stayed out of the conflict, at least for a while (Germany was still seen as the attacker and offender and thus in a more negative light, which both French and British propaganda during the War milked to death). But that while might have been long enough to beat the French decisively.

It would have been a much different world today if that would have happened. But that one decision to go by the Schlieffen plan and thus draw the British into the conflict has changed the world in so many ways - mostly bad ones for everybody involved.



Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

In fact, had the Germans not invaded Belgium and Luxembourg to circumvent the main French fortification line, the UK would most probably have stayed out of the conflict, at least for a while (Germany was still seen as the attacker and offender and thus in a more negative light, which both French and British propaganda during the War milked to death). But that while might have been long enough to beat the French decisively.

It would have been a much different world today if that would have happened. But that one decision to go by the Schlieffen plan and thus draw the British into the conflict has changed the world in so many ways - mostly bad ones for everybody involved.

Interesting thoughts.Well, I consider it unlikely. You see, before the war, everybody was sure it will be UK-Germany war alone, Halifax discussed it with Stalin in Moscow, March 1939. The story why and how the war begins is as interesting as the war.

This is why there was no decisive fall of France in 1940.  To the contraty of popular belief, Compienge was a timed truce, until UK accepts Germany pact. The occupation of France was seen as insanity by Hitler.



KingofTrolls said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

In fact, had the Germans not invaded Belgium and Luxembourg to circumvent the main French fortification line, the UK would most probably have stayed out of the conflict, at least for a while (Germany was still seen as the attacker and offender and thus in a more negative light, which both French and British propaganda during the War milked to death). But that while might have been long enough to beat the French decisively.

It would have been a much different world today if that would have happened. But that one decision to go by the Schlieffen plan and thus draw the British into the conflict has changed the world in so many ways - mostly bad ones for everybody involved.

Interesting thoughts.Well, I consider it unlikely. You see, before the war, everybody was sure it will be UK-Germany war alone, Halifax discussed it with Stalin in Moscow, March 1939. The story why and how the war begins is as interesting as the war.

This is why there was no decisive fall of France in 1940.  To the contraty of popular belief, Compienge was a timed truce, until UK accepts Germany pact. The occupation of France was seen as insanity by Hitler.

Huh? Why change the context  from WW1 to WW2 now?



Stopthecoup is trending right now 

Demonstrators for democracy marching to #stopthecoup








LurkerJ said:
Leave, no deal.

Any calls for another referendum should be shut down and resisted.

Absolutely, we don't want the people to be able to make an informed decision. They managed to scare Brits into voting leave through lies, no need for a new referendum now that people have more info. The danger of them voting sensibly is too high.

We need walls and barriers and nationalism and hatred and more weapons. Please Europe start selling weapons to everybody everywhere.

Oh and video games are to blame as soon as something goes wrong!

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 02 September 2019

.

I'm sleepy, time for a nappy!

Around the Network

Please England! Don't go!
I will cry! =P



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
KingofTrolls said:

United Kingdom's safety is determined by Belgian ground, France or Germany conquering Belgium/Holland is a lethal threat to UK. 

Also, this is why UK could not stay neutral in both wars. Nobody can live with a knife next to throat every day.

In fact, had the Germans not invaded Belgium and Luxembourg to circumvent the main French fortification line, the UK would most probably have stayed out of the conflict, at least for a while (Germany was still seen as the attacker and offender and thus in a more negative light, which both French and British propaganda during the War milked to death). But that while might have been long enough to beat the French decisively.

It would have been a much different world today if that would have happened. But that one decision to go by the Schlieffen plan and thus draw the British into the conflict has changed the world in so many ways - mostly bad ones for everybody involved.

To be fair, we weren't even aware Luxembourg was there. It's quite easy to miss!

Kidding of course, I love Luxembourg!



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

konnichiwa said:

Stopthecoup is trending right now 

Demonstrators for democracy marching to #stopthecoup

Oh no, not a hashtag. Will you be lighting candles too? How ever will our ancient democracy survive? It is a coup and not a coop or coupe isn't it?

Please do us a favour and keep up with the #abolishthemonarchy crap, you're doing our side a massive service.

Team Democracy - PM, People + Her Majesty

v

Team Treason - Parliament, House of Lords, Nationalists, Anti-Semites, EU + Banks

I can't get over how badly the traitors have played this. At any point they could have supported a shitty, soft Brexit such that we all vote to stay under the terms of the EU. Instead you've took it down to the wire and now there's no 2nd ref, just the choice between 'No Deal Brexit' and 'Traitor Theresa's Treasonous Treaty'.

Thank You.

PS- 1. Please keep trying to paint us as racists who's only concern is immigration instead of protectionism and free trade.

2. Well done on fucking with our constitution and ancient protocol. Now we can stack the establishment with our guys and turn the tables on you.

3. Funny how the Left think Brexit heralds the rise of the far right, white supremacist, racist totalitarian state but still don't want firearms legalised.

Last edited by Pyro as Bill - on 30 August 2019

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
konnichiwa said:

Stopthecoup is trending right now 

Demonstrators for democracy marching to #stopthecoup

Oh no, not a hashtag. Will you be lighting candles too? How ever will our ancient democracy survive? It is a coup and not a coop or coupe isn't it?

Please do us a favour and keep up with the #abolishthemonarchy crap, you're doing our side a massive service.

Team Democracy - PM, People + Her Majesty

v

Team Treason - Parliament, House of Lords, Nationalists, Anti-Semites, EU + Banks

I can't get over how badly the traitors have played this. At any point they could have supported a shitty, soft Brexit such that we all vote to stay under the terms of the EU. Instead you've took it down to the wire and now there's no 2nd ref, just the choice between 'No Deal Brexit' and 'Traitor Theresa's Treasonous Treaty'.

Thank You.

PS- 1. Please keep trying to paint us as racists who's only concern is immigration instead of protectionism and free trade.

2. Well done on fucking with our constitution and ancient protocol. Now we can stack the establishment with our guys and turn the tables on you.

3. Funny how the Left think Brexit heralds the rise of the far right, white supremacist, racist totalitarian state but still don't want firearms legalised.

I don't think you know what democracy means...



Pyro as Bill said:
konnichiwa said:

Team Democracy - PM, People + Her Majesty

v

Team Treason - Parliament, House of Lords, Nationalists, Anti-Semites, EU + Banks

I can't get over how badly the traitors have played this. At any point they could have supported a shitty, soft Brexit such that we all vote to stay under the terms of the EU. Instead you've took it down to the wire and now there's no 2nd ref, just the choice between 'No Deal Brexit' and 'Traitor Theresa's Treasonous Treaty'.

1) its over, theres going to be a hard brexit now (even if the UK delayed and delayed forever, and have had time to prepair now, so the blow wont be so bad)

2) Pyro bill, calling the "remainers" team treason, sounds stupid. 

Anyways, as said Boris is gonna run down the clock, and force through a hard brexit.
Respectfully I think thats a fine, its time to stop this circus show the UK have made of it.

Most of europe is probably thinking "good luck and good riddance", while the UK is thinking the same.
UK has a case of Super Ego, and honestly if you guys wanna go your own ways, just do that.

PS. secrely hopeing this means Scotland votes for independence, and wales for a reunification.