Quantcast
Global Hardware 17 November 2018

Forums - Latest Charts - Global Hardware 17 November 2018

In my view, when it comes to PS4, a permanent price cut should be right around the corner. The fact that it's still selling at these levels at $300 & $350 respectively is great. But, if they maintain that price in 2019, I think we're going to see sales drop considerably. The Slim and Pro models are over 2 years old at this point, the 1 TB for the Slim is over a year and half at that price point. They should go down to $249 & $349, permanently no later than Q1 2019.

Pancho A. Ovies

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2017 vs. 2018
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234574

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
0D0 said:
This was Fallout and Battlefield week for PS4.

Even though it's not true pokemon, I was expecting more. I guess many Pokemon fans have already bought NSW. NSW adoption was much faster than 3DS back then, so I guess Pokemon now and in the future will not help NSW as much as it helped 3DS.

The Switch numbers seem a bit fishy because Japan had the biggest increase despite being the worst region for Pokemon Let's Go.

 

Week ending Nov 10

N. America-93k

Europe-67k

Japan-54k

 

Week ending Nov 17

N. America-234k (up 150%)

Europe-129k (up 92%)

Japan-194k (up 260%)

Remember that Smash bundle released the same week as Pokemon in Japan whereas outside of Japan it released 2 week earlier.



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

The Switch numbers seem a bit fishy because Japan had the biggest increase despite being the worst region for Pokemon Let's Go.

 

Week ending Nov 10

N. America-93k

Europe-67k

Japan-54k

 

Week ending Nov 17

N. America-234k (up 150%)

Europe-129k (up 92%)

Japan-194k (up 260%)

So when VGC adjusts, how much more would the Switch adjust up by? 

Hard to say, maybe ~100k so in the 700-750k range.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Megiddo said:
zorg1000 said:

The Switch numbers seem a bit fishy because Japan had the biggest increase despite being the worst region for Pokemon Let's Go.

 

Week ending Nov 10

N. America-93k

Europe-67k

Japan-54k

 

Week ending Nov 17

N. America-234k (up 150%)

Europe-129k (up 92%)

Japan-194k (up 260%)

Remember that Smash bundle released the same week as Pokemon in Japan whereas outside of Japan it released 2 week earlier.

That is definitely a factor and will help the % increase be in Japans favor but America/Europe/RotW did not get any significant increase in the previous two weeks according to this site.

Switch sales excluding Japan

Week end Oct 6-156k

Week end Oct 13-155k

Week end Oct 20-161k

Week end Oct 27-152k

Week end Nov 3-165k (Smash Bundle)

Week end Nov 10-179k

 

It gave like a 30-40k boost over 9 days in America+Europe+RotW combined so I have a hard time seeing the boost in Japan being anything more than 25k do to the Smash bundle for 2 days.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Holiday sales are starting to kick in.
Switch sales seem pretty good.

Number of days to reach 50M from 40M : 198 days
Number of days to reach 60M from 50M : 187 days
Number of days to reach 70M from 60M : 175 days
Number of days to reach 80M from 70M : 227 days

Necro-bump this 2020: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229249

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, 7m for Xbox in its 5th year isn't that bad. They didn't really have heavy hitters in 2018 at all, so to sell that much with basically just a new piece of kit is pretty good. In fact, both PS4 and XB1 look good when factoring in age. And this is before inevitable adjustments after the holiday period is over (which are more likely to favor PlayStation).

I would have agreed with you if Xbox One X wasn't a thing. 7m after releasing a console that should have had some positive effect on the sales and was supposed to prolong consoles lifetime is not really that good. It isn't that bad though also. For example PS Pro helped PS4 a bit and their next year was better than the previous. Doesn't seem to be the case for Xbox even though, let's be honest, hardware wise they've made a more interesting console than the Pro.



My gaming consoles:

Xbox One X 1TB | Nintendo Switch | New Nintendo 3DS | PS4 Slim 500 GB | PS Vita | Nintendo Wii | SNES Mini | Sega Mega Drive 2

2018 HW sales prediction:

PS4 - 97m -- Xbox One - 45m -- Switch - 25m

trunkswd said:
Megiddo said:
With those numbers, I would say PS4 is heavily overestimated this week and Switch is underestimated.

Why would the PS4 be at 533k? The $200 PS4 Spiderman deal didn't start till Sunday (the 18th) right?

Even at 533,000 units the PS4 is way down compared to 2017. It sold 810,013 units during the same week a year ago. 

I would actually argue that last year numbers were too high as well and Black Friday numbers too low.

These are the WoW % gains from black friday week last year.

PS4-105%

XBO-153%

NSW-133%

It doesnt make much sense why PS4 would have had the worst % increase when it had the best deal while NSW had no deals and XBO had a revision that released  2 weeks earlier.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yeah, if I were to guess the PS4 was that high last year because it was high the year before due to PS4 pro release.

derpysquirtle64 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, 7m for Xbox in its 5th year isn't that bad. They didn't really have heavy hitters in 2018 at all, so to sell that much with basically just a new piece of kit is pretty good. In fact, both PS4 and XB1 look good when factoring in age. And this is before inevitable adjustments after the holiday period is over (which are more likely to favor PlayStation).

I would have agreed with you if Xbox One X wasn't a thing. 7m after releasing a console that should have had some positive effect on the sales and was supposed to prolong consoles lifetime is not really that good. It isn't that bad though also. For example PS Pro helped PS4 a bit and their next year was better than the previous. Doesn't seem to be the case for Xbox even though, let's be honest, hardware wise they've made a more interesting console than the Pro.

Nov 2017-Oct 2018 (a full 12 months) had XBO up YoY so the X model did its job.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

SilenceDeadly said:
The Holiday is about to begin, Ps4 could be having the best ones holiday ever if Sony priced it at 199.99$/€/¥ across the globe.

Switch with Smash & Pokemon is going to absolute crush 30M LT by December 31st.

PS4 will be at around ~91M I thin
k.

Yes I agree with this.



Favorite games of the generation : Detroit Become Human, The Last Of Us Remastered, Metal Gear Solid V The Definitive Experience, God Of War, GTA V.