Quantcast
Japan Sales Week 48 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 26-December 2, 2018

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 48 Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - November 26-December 2, 2018

nero said:

This week Switch is up +12k from last week and down +4k from last years' while PS4 is down from both: +3k (last week) and +12k (last years'). Baseline for switch mantains @39696 while PS4 is @17642. The top 10 weeks for SW are:

# W NSW
1 46 200800
2 1 146006
3 48 120546
4 47 108375
5 33 54647
6 11 54342
7 45 54235
8 29 53745
9 18 53113
10 31 50799

 Making this third best week overall the year. While PS4

# W PS4
1 4 140145
2 5 109287
3 1 91683
4 6 71306
5 3 52507
6 7 49502
7 2 43808
8 17 35009
9 18 34994
10 8 34775

Hadn't had best week since #18

Thanks for your work. I look forward every week to this graph, as it makes the data more understandable.

Mar1217 said:
Mnementh said:

Is Switch up again with nothing new (I remember 100K last week)? OK, yes, Masked Rider, but it's more or less nothing. Pokemon closing in on the first million. With luck next week, but probably needs two weeks. Persona Q2 second, looks decent to me, but has someone the first game and Etrian Odyssey openings for comparison? And Shenmue and Fallout dropping hard.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning: the miracle of COD continues.

It can't compare simply because we're at the end of the 3DS's lifetime and it's software isn't selling as much.

Yeah, I know. Still interesting to compare.

quickrick said:
Mnementh said:

Is Switch up again with nothing new (I remember 100K last week)? OK, yes, Masked Rider, but it's more or less nothing. Pokemon closing in on the first million. With luck next week, but probably needs two weeks. Persona Q2 second, looks decent to me, but has someone the first game and Etrian Odyssey openings for comparison? And Shenmue and Fallout dropping hard.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning: the miracle of COD continues.

its the holidays, this week hardware numbers are usually much bigger then last week going by history. most thought it would be a 150k for for switch this week, they are ok numbers, switch is not exploding so far in japan so far.

If that is the holiday effect, why is PS4 down?

Did you found the cliff already?

Jranation said:
Switch over 100k again! And that SMP Boost! + Pokemon Lets Go almost @ 1million Retail!

Yeah, one or two weeks, then Pokemon has the million.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Why you will not convince me I have chosen bad consoles. / awesome Miiverse art / my greatest games list

Bet with platformmaster918 and ethomaz about PS3 overtaking Wii in total sales.

Predictions: Switch / Switch / Switch / MHWorld / GOW > BOTW / Switch vs. XB1 in the US

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
nero said:

This week Switch is up +12k from last week and down +4k from last years' while PS4 is down from both: +3k (last week) and +12k (last years'). Baseline for switch mantains @39696 while PS4 is @17642. The top 10 weeks for SW are:

# W NSW
1 46 200800
2 1 146006
3 48 120546
4 47 108375
5 33 54647
6 11 54342
7 45 54235
8 29 53745
9 18 53113
10 31 50799

 Making this third best week overall the year. While PS4

# W PS4
1 4 140145
2 5 109287
3 1 91683
4 6 71306
5 3 52507
6 7 49502
7 2 43808
8 17 35009
9 18 34994
10 8 34775

Hadn't had best week since #18

Thanks for your work. I look forward every week to this graph, as it makes the data more understandable.

Mar1217 said:

It can't compare simply because we're at the end of the 3DS's lifetime and it's software isn't selling as much.

Yeah, I know. Still interesting to compare.

quickrick said:

its the holidays, this week hardware numbers are usually much bigger then last week going by history. most thought it would be a 150k for for switch this week, they are ok numbers, switch is not exploding so far in japan so far.

If that is the holiday effect, why is PS4 down?

Did you found the cliff already?

Jranation said:
Switch over 100k again! And that SMP Boost! + Pokemon Lets Go almost @ 1million Retail!

Yeah, one or two weeks, then Pokemon has the million.

PS4 is dead in japan and already off a cliff, isn't that obvious? 



Switch domination again. Good to see the numbers wise once more this week from what they were last week. .Now with Smash Bros next week, it should rise again next week. Pokemon looking like it will hit 1 million next week.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Mnementh said:

Thanks for your work. I look forward every week to this graph, as it makes the data more understandable.

quickrick said:

its the holidays, this week hardware numbers are usually much bigger then last week going by history. most thought it would be a 150k for for switch this week, they are ok numbers, switch is not exploding so far in japan so far.

If that is the holiday effect, why is PS4 down?

Did you found the cliff already?

Jranation said:
Switch over 100k again! And that SMP Boost! + Pokemon Lets Go almost @ 1million Retail!

Yeah, one or two weeks, then Pokemon has the million.

Thanks. Glad the chart gives a more comprehensive reading. Enjoy doing it. I was expecting +170 tbh, but still +10k up isn't bad. Holdays are coming.

He hasn't found the cliff in japan, not yet

SMP did great with the bundle. Probably next week whe have them in the million-seller club?



Pacman

Around the Network

OK week but next week will be far more interesting, Smash Bros week, so we probably talking about 200k+.

Also with next week numbers Switch will take down Vita LT numbers in Japan.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 05 December 2018

Was hoping for better switch numbers. Hopefuly next week we will get a huge boost

Miyamotoo said:
OK week but next week will be far more interesting, Smash Bros week, so we probably talking about 200k+.

Also with next week numbers Switch taken down Vita LT numbers in Japan.

will next week include smash release?



Very nice numbers. Nice increase for Switch, expected low numbers for others. Smash will overtake everything so this is the last week with non crazy numbers.

I am surprised at Mario Party. %104 is a nice increase haha.

btw, the Vita has been overtaken, technically, as 5,9 million includes PSTV. Without it, Vita stands at about 5,7 million units.



Hang on so the Switch is up on last week and only 4K down on last year's sales for the same week and this is a disappointment? Switch didn't explode until the week Pokemon launched. Same could happen with Smash. Let's wait and see what happens next week. One thing I will say is that Smash should easily sell over 1 million games next week in Japan and if 200K consoles can sell with 600K Pokemon games then that should be the floor for Switch sales next week.