Quantcast
PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - PR: Nintendo Switch Best Selling week Ever (US) (8.2mil+Sold Switches LTD) [Update: 8.6mil+]

if the numbers are true, it means switch sold around 900k for November which is pretty weak. PS4 will win by a million this year, or nintendo is low balling numbers, but 8.2 makes it seem like they are not.



Around the Network
quickrick said:

if the numbers are true, it means switch sold around 900k for November which is pretty weak. PS4 will win by a million this year, or nintendo is low balling numbers, but 8.2 makes it seem like they are not.

You have to add another week left for November, but yes, if Swich "only" sells around 1M in USA in November, with Pokemon and with Smash coming in December...it will be a little disappointing to be honest. AND if PS4 is just ahead, is another disappointment too, but it could be that Benji data was wrong so maybe PS4 sold a lot more than Switch in November.

If Switch ends selling 1'0M and PS4 selling around 1'5-1'6M, that makes nearly imposible to Switch to outsell PS4 in USA at the end of the year. And it makes really difficult to reach 20M goal too. But i want to be patient and wait to NPD numbers...because we still don't really know what is happening.



colafitte said:
quickrick said:

if the numbers are true, it means switch sold around 900k for November which is pretty weak. PS4 will win by a million this year, or nintendo is low balling numbers, but 8.2 makes it seem like they are not.

You have to add another week left for November, but yes, if Swich "only" sells around 1M in USA in November, with Pokemon and with Smash coming in December...it will be a little disappointing to be honest. AND if PS4 is just ahead, is another disappointment too, but it could be that Benji data was wrong so maybe PS4 sold a lot more than Switch in November.

If Switch ends selling 1'0M and PS4 selling around 1'5-1'6M, that makes nearly imposible to Switch to outsell PS4 in USA at the end of the year. And it makes really difficult to reach 20M goal too. But i want to be patient and wait to NPD numbers...because we still don't really know what is happening.

if switch only only does a million in november and it  won't do that much better in december, it had a lot of great deals this month plus a mainline pokemon game, people are way over estimating pokemon and smash strength to sell hardware like i been saying all year.



quickrick said:
colafitte said:

You have to add another week left for November, but yes, if Swich "only" sells around 1M in USA in November, with Pokemon and with Smash coming in December...it will be a little disappointing to be honest. AND if PS4 is just ahead, is another disappointment too, but it could be that Benji data was wrong so maybe PS4 sold a lot more than Switch in November.

If Switch ends selling 1'0M and PS4 selling around 1'5-1'6M, that makes nearly imposible to Switch to outsell PS4 in USA at the end of the year. And it makes really difficult to reach 20M goal too. But i want to be patient and wait to NPD numbers...because we still don't really know what is happening.

if switch only only does a million in november and it  won't do that much better in december, it had a lot of great deals this month plus a mainline pokemon game, people are way over estimating pokemon and smash strength to sell hardware like i been saying all year.

Plss

Stahppppp



tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

if switch only only does a million in november and it  won't do that much better in december, it had a lot of great deals this month plus a mainline pokemon game, people are way over estimating pokemon and smash strength to sell hardware like i been saying all year.

Plss

Stahppppp

Why?

"Over estimating" doesn't mean Switch will sell bad in December, it could be number one in December with 1'5M and still being "overestimated" by most on this site. So he said anything wrong. If you think he's wrong, is just your opinion.



Around the Network
tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

if switch only only does a million in november and it  won't do that much better in december, it had a lot of great deals this month plus a mainline pokemon game, people are way over estimating pokemon and smash strength to sell hardware like i been saying all year.

Plss

Stahppppp

I'm sorry, this will make you happy. switch to sell 4 million  in the holidays, smash will make switch hit 2.8 million in december, 22 million locked.



quickrick said:
colafitte said:

You have to add another week left for November, but yes, if Swich "only" sells around 1M in USA in November, with Pokemon and with Smash coming in December...it will be a little disappointing to be honest. AND if PS4 is just ahead, is another disappointment too, but it could be that Benji data was wrong so maybe PS4 sold a lot more than Switch in November.

If Switch ends selling 1'0M and PS4 selling around 1'5-1'6M, that makes nearly imposible to Switch to outsell PS4 in USA at the end of the year. And it makes really difficult to reach 20M goal too. But i want to be patient and wait to NPD numbers...because we still don't really know what is happening.

if switch only only does a million in november and it  won't do that much better in december, it had a lot of great deals this month plus a mainline pokemon game, people are way over estimating pokemon and smash strength to sell hardware like i been saying all year.

So, with that said, it if does something like 1.2 million, will you finally stop downplaying the Switch and Pokemon Let's Go? I want to know where is the line that it needs to cross for you to stop downplaying.


I say this fully knowing my own prediction is 1 million - 1.1 million for November. 



 

tbone51 said:
quickrick said:

if switch only only does a million in november and it  won't do that much better in december, it had a lot of great deals this month plus a mainline pokemon game, people are way over estimating pokemon and smash strength to sell hardware like i been saying all year.

Plss

Stahppppp

in fairness you make crazier predictions then Rick so you shouldn't tell him to stop.



Wait what is the 115% for then?



Wow look at those LTD sales of the SNES classic!!



"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

 

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""