Quantcast
Switch version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet is not censored, PS4 version will be missing several 'features'

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet is not censored, PS4 version will be missing several 'features'

Medisti said:

Just remember, when they come for the games we like, the perverts won't defend us. I'm sure violent content or "politically-charged" will be next.

and I am sure you arent just pushing a fear mongering agenda. Censorship sucks and obviously should not happen but lets not jump the gun here.

It's been shown time and time again that these companies will push and push until there's push back. It happened with loot boxes. It'll happen with these new censorship policies. It's not "fear-mongering" when companies like EA exist.



Around the Network

Haha, what a difference 20-25 years makes. It's like a reverse of the Mortal Kombat situation. Granted that was Sega, but still..

Props to Nintendo. Never give in to the cultural Authoritarians!



It's not 1985 anymore. Nintendo isn't as overbearing with censoring as they once were.



IamAwsome said:
It's not 1985 anymore. Nintendo isn't as overbearing with censoring as they once were.

Technically they were still overbearing until like 3 years ago, especially NoA and NoE. In the same 3 year time frame, Nintendo went from censoring games like Fire Emblem Fates and Xenoblade Chronicles X, to allowing 3rd party games with sexual content completely uncensored, while Sony went from allowing everything just about to censoring the hell out of games with sexual content. It's crazy how fast the change was for both of them. 



nintendo only censored their first party games from my understanding they have not been censoring third party games dating back to the GameCube era



Around the Network

Hope all these games come to steam now. My new 3rd party place to play



3DS: 5429-9952-3189  Add me if you wish!

shikamaru317 said:
IamAwsome said:
It's not 1985 anymore. Nintendo isn't as overbearing with censoring as they once were.

Technically they were still overbearing until like 3 years ago, especially NoA and NoE. In the same 3 year time frame, Nintendo went from censoring games like Fire Emblem Fates and Xenoblade Chronicles X, to allowing 3rd party games with sexual content completely uncensored, while Sony went from allowing everything just about to censoring the hell out of games with sexual content. It's crazy how fast the change was for both of them. 

That's apples to oranges. We are talking about third party titles. Nintendo has been allowing sexual content in the third party titles since at least the Gamecube era.



No one remembers MadWorld?



Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Darc Requiem said:
shikamaru317 said:

Technically they were still overbearing until like 3 years ago, especially NoA and NoE. In the same 3 year time frame, Nintendo went from censoring games like Fire Emblem Fates and Xenoblade Chronicles X, to allowing 3rd party games with sexual content completely uncensored, while Sony went from allowing everything just about to censoring the hell out of games with sexual content. It's crazy how fast the change was for both of them. 

That's apples to oranges. We are talking about third party titles. Nintendo has been allowing sexual content in the third party titles since at least the Gamecube era.

That and there are differences in NoA/NoE in what is allowed versus NoJ. As evidenced by the examples above.



Harkins1721 said:
Hope all these games come to steam now. My new 3rd party place to play

Hopefully MS takes notice of this for the last generation of consoles. They were the go to for risque games in the 360 era (the most NSFW games were all XBO exclusives) and could probably claim this crown again, at least in the West if Nintendo does not open this up to localization. 



It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS!