Quantcast
Fallout 76 Review Thread - Opencritic: 55, Metacritic 50

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fallout 76 Review Thread - Opencritic: 55, Metacritic 50

dx11332sega said:
The reviews Lol this is too much I wonder if its worser than Mass effect Andromeda XD

Probably, Andromeda was an uninspired, graphicaly bland boring game, but it wasn't an absolute buggy mess on top of all that.



Around the Network

Reminds me when FFXIV launched. It took SE years to fix and relaunch it. Perhaps the game never got the level SE hoped it would.

Same with F76. It appears like the type of game that's fixable through future updates. How many people are willing to re-download 50GB+ with each major update? Who knows. But it's silly to buy a game with the hope it gets fixed in the future.

I just got back from returning my power armor edition. The helmet looked cool in videos but I couldn't justify the $175.



e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Bethesda has gone downhill.



What a fucking disaster lol. I can't think of the last time a AAA game had a 43 on metacritic. Jesus christ...



Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I know ppl will be giving me incredulous looks for asking. But is the game playable at all? I’m thinking of buying it if it isn’t completely garbage. Been having a bit of a title drought recently. Bought RDR2 but can’t seem to get into it (the game is beautiful but something in me doesn’t seem to want to play it). It looks like I’ve developed an inability to enjoy deep story and character driven games other than GoW3 (w/c I only played cuz of nostalgia and the fact that I’m a GoW fan) and I’m just looking for a casual, play-when-I-got-time title that offers some level of enjoyment. Like Destiny or PoE. If this game isn’t it, can someone make a recommendation for an upcoming one I might like?



Around the Network
DrDoomz said:

I know ppl will be giving me incredulous looks for asking. But is the game playable at all? I’m thinking of buying it if it isn’t completely garbage. Been having a bit of a title drought recently. Bought RDR2 but can’t seem to get into it (the game is beautiful but something in me doesn’t seem to want to play it). It looks like I’ve developed an inability to enjoy deep story and character driven games other than GoW3 (w/c I only played cuz of nostalgia and the fact that I’m a GoW fan) and I’m just looking for a casual, play-when-I-got-time title that offers some level of enjoyment. Like Destiny or PoE. If this game isn’t it, can someone make a recommendation for an upcoming one I might like?

I would wait a long while with this game until they maybe fix it. As of now, it looks incredibly bland and uninteresting. Maybe wait to see if Anthem or Division 2 turns out to be any good if you're looking for a destiny style game. 



MC is at 49 now after 13 reviews. Title needs to be updated.

 

barneystinson69 said: 

What a fucking disaster lol. I can't think of the last time a AAA game had a 43 on metacritic. Jesus christ...

Eurogamer gave it an avoid. Can't recall that happening to an AAA game before.

 

DrDoomz said: 

I know ppl will be giving me incredulous looks for asking. But is the game playable at all? I’m thinking of buying it if it isn’t completely garbage. 

See above.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 21 November 2018

i can't believe im saying this but metal gear survive is a better game than this mess.



DrDoomz said:

I know ppl will be giving me incredulous looks for asking. But is the game playable at all? I’m thinking of buying it if it isn’t completely garbage. Been having a bit of a title drought recently. Bought RDR2 but can’t seem to get into it (the game is beautiful but something in me doesn’t seem to want to play it). It looks like I’ve developed an inability to enjoy deep story and character driven games other than GoW3 (w/c I only played cuz of nostalgia and the fact that I’m a GoW fan) and I’m just looking for a casual, play-when-I-got-time title that offers some level of enjoyment. Like Destiny or PoE. If this game isn’t it, can someone make a recommendation for an upcoming one I might like?

It is absolutely playable right now. I've played about 12 hours so far and I've been enjoying it, and most of the others I have met within the game are enjoying it as well. If you have liked previous Betheda games like Skyrim or Fallout 4, and also like multiplayer games like Destiny, you will probably enjoy it. Hell, I don't even like Destiny and I am enjoying Fallout 76 *shrugs*. Reviews aren't everything, sometimes you just have to buy a game for yourself and see if you like it. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 21 November 2018

KratosLives said:
i can't believe im saying this but metal gear survive is a better game than this mess.

Who would have thought that in a year with Sea of Thieves and Metal Gear Survive, Fallout 76 would turn out as the most disappointing game?