Quantcast
Possible Launch titles for next Xbox / overview of current MS Studios

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Possible Launch titles for next Xbox / overview of current MS Studios

Kerotan said:
Snoopy said:

Halo Infinite, Ninja Theory new game, Forza 8, Wasteland 3 and possibly Playground games second studio game should be first-year exclusives for the new Xbox system.

Will they not launch on pc as well? 

Regarding consoles, most console gamers don't care for pc gaming.



Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Snoopy said:

Halo Infinite, Ninja Theory new game, Forza 8, Wasteland 3 and possibly Playground games second studio game should be first-year exclusives for the new Xbox system.

Wasteland 3 is already confirmed to be multiplatform.

Phil Spencer needs to step in and do something about that. If this is because EA is a publisher, Microsoft needs to make some kind of deal or something. Also, Phil Spencer should put age of empires and gears tactics on Xbox game pass.



Snoopy said:
flashfire926 said:

Wasteland 3 is already confirmed to be multiplatform.

Phil Spencer needs to step in and do something about that. If this is because EA is publisher, Microsoft needs to stop the studio from finishing the game unless it's an exclusive or something of that realm.

That's never ever going to happen, Wasteland 3 was crowdfunded and people have already bought their game on the platforms that were advertised in the campaign and that includes PS4, GoG and Steam and It's exactly as it should be.



Switch: SW-7938-9367-7572

Snoopy said:
Kerotan said:

Will they not launch on pc as well? 

Regarding consoles, most console gamers don't care for pc gaming.

Console only gamers yes. But many gamers do like pc. This gives them less reason to own a PC and an xbox. 



WoodenPints said:
Snoopy said:

Phil Spencer needs to step in and do something about that. If this is because EA is publisher, Microsoft needs to stop the studio from finishing the game unless it's an exclusive or something of that realm.

That's never ever going to happen, Wasteland 3 was crowdfunded and people have already bought their game on the platforms that were advertised in the campaign and that includes PS4, GoG and Steam and It's exactly as it should be.

They can release it on PC, but keep it off PS4. Give the money back to the ps4 owners. Because it will be another 3 years before we get a game from that studio.



Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Snoopy said:

Regarding consoles, most console gamers don't care for pc gaming.

Console only gamers yes. But many gamers do like pc. This gives them less reason to own a PC and an xbox. 

Yep, and you still have to be a part of the Microsoft ecosystem and give them money. Also, Microsoft xbox exclusives, for the most part, don't sell well on PC.Hell, Halo Wars an RTS did better on xbox apparently lol. Which is the reason why I don't understand why Microsoft put exclusive games on PC, but not on Xbox. I know there will be a huge demand for gears tactics on xbox. 



Snoopy said:
Kerotan said:

Console only gamers yes. But many gamers do like pc. This gives them less reason to own a PC and an xbox. 

Yep, and you still have to be a part of the Microsoft ecosystem and give them money. Also, Microsoft xbox exclusives, for the most part, don't sell well on PC.Hell, Halo Wars an RTS did better on xbox apparently lol. Which is the reason why I don't understand why Microsoft put exclusive games on PC, but not on Xbox. I know there will be a huge demand for gears tactics on xbox. 

I agree as part of the eco system but it won't be exclusive to their next console. It's far more valuable to have them game on the console then the pc. They pay XBL and buy their 3rd party games there. 

 

I know sales had been bad but now every game including halo, gears and Forza will go to pc so ite3a legitimate option to never buy the console. Plus they'll save every year not paying for online. 



Honestly if the console gets released in september/october 2020 i would imagine the only launch titles we will get is halo and forza.Maybe a game like Screamride/Zoo Tycoon type exclusive to try and get some of the younger demo. I can't see them releasing a whole bunch of exclusives all at once. Now if were talking within a year of release id imagine Ninja Theory's game and possible the rumoured Fable will be out early that next year



I'm sure there are many second party studios Microsoft use that they don't own.

Here's a list:
USA
Certain Affinity - (Halo 4, Halo: The Master Chief Collection & not released anything in two years)
Iron Galaxy - (Killer Instinct but recently made a 2018 multiplat)
Armature - (Recore)
Playful - Super Lucky's Tale

Europe
Creative Assembly - Halo Wars 2(Sold poorly so unlikely)
Dlala Studios - Battletoads (Not done yet)
Remedy Entertainment - (Made Quantam Break but busy with a multiplat now)
Ruffian Games - Crackdown 3 (Not done yet)
Sumo Digital - Carckdown 3 (Not done yet)
Moon Studios - Ori & The Will Of The Wisps (Not done yet)
Asobo - Recore

Canada
Skybox - Halo Infinite (Not done yet)
Relic - Age of Empires IV (Not done yet)



Soren0079 said:

I'm sure there are many second party studios Microsoft use that they don't own.

Here's a list:
USA
Certain Affinity - (Halo 4, Halo: The Master Chief Collection & not released anything in two years)
Iron Galaxy - (Killer Instinct but recently made a 2018 multiplat)
Armature - (Recore)
Playful - Super Lucky's Tale

Europe
Creative Assembly - Halo Wars 2(Sold poorly so unlikely)
Dlala Studios - Battletoads (Not done yet)
Remedy Entertainment - (Made Quantam Break but busy with a multiplat now)
Ruffian Games - Crackdown 3 (Not done yet)
Sumo Digital - Carckdown 3 (Not done yet)
Moon Studios - Ori & The Will Of The Wisps (Not done yet)
Asobo - Recore

Canada
Skybox - Halo Infinite (Not done yet)
Relic - Age of Empires IV (Not done yet)

They also use Frontier a decent amount,did Screamride,Zoo Tycoon and a bunch of kinect games.