Quantcast
2018 gamers have gone soft

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2018 gamers have gone soft

Zkuq said:
In other words: you're a dick in online games.

well he DID say gone soft, right



Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Zkuq said:
In other words: you're a dick in online games.

well he DID say gone soft, right

Ah, now I see: In contrast, he's hard when he's doing that. Sounds messed up but to each their own, I suppose.



I gave up on MW3 and Xbox live because of that shit. Compared to Xbox live MW 2 and 3 on PSN was a pleasent expereince. At least on PSN it's banter, if ya don't feel like chatting shit yoh can just hang back let the banter go on and have some team chatter in the background with the others who are interested in directing the match to a win. Xbox Live, You might as well turn on Alex jones and try and have a chat with him. I had one ppsitive match, one positive couple of games from a group in a lobby who were friendly and also interested in the game out of 70+ hours or whatever 3 days ammounts to.



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Kerotan said:

I have an almost daily routine of going on Rocket League and trying to see how easy it is to mentally break team mates and the opposition. I used to take the game serious and had a rank of champion albeit playing by myself against random teams so that was a decent achievement. Now i just have a laugh and my rank is just below diamond so pretty average. But half of the reason it's so low is because I wind up my team mates to the point where they have a mental breakdown and self destruct, basically joining the opposition. Doesn't bother me I just laugh. Now the best part is it could be as simple as the opposition scores on him and i type what a save three times in the chat. Most of the time that alone is enough to trigger the implosion. 

so instead of doing the hard part of actually playing the game and helping your team you decided to do the easy and lazy team-griefing - sounds like you have gone soft



shikamaru317 said:

So you're a dick to your own teammates, then call them soft when tons of them report you? Ok. Sounds like Psyonix needs to add an automated banhammer system that gives you at least temporary bans if you get reported alot. 1000 reports out of 8000 matches is alot, in most games you would have been permabanned by now with a record like that. In 15 years of online gaming, I probably haven't been reported more than 200 times across all games, and most of those were troll reports from people salty because they lost or people reporting me for lag switching back when I had crappy slow DSL, rather than legit reports. Why do I have so few reports? Because I'm a nice person in online games just like I am in real life, I don't send hate messages to people, I don't teabag, I don't try to stir up my teammates or my enemies on purpose, I don't team kill, I don't standby or lag switch, etc.

I've been online gaming as long as Xbox Live has existed, and a troll is still a troll, just like they've always been. Just as a for instance, I'm an avid Dead By Daylight player, and that game is filled with toxic troll survivors, people who teabag, body block hooks, flashlight after every pallet break, practice juking skills, and then complain if you "tunnel" them (DbD slang for concentrating on one survivor at a time instead of spreading out your attacks across all 4 survivors) or patrol near the hooks. But as toxic as DbD survivors can be at times, I don't see how they're any worse than some of the trolls I used to get matched with in Halo or CoD a decade ago, people who teabagged, betrayed you if you picked up a weapon they wanted in Halo, people who lag switched, people who played music over their mic just to annoy others, etc.

The thing is they would have reviewed many of the reports and decided i didn't cross the line. My point is people are so easily triggered these days it's actually a joy to set them off. Their problem not mine. 

 

Somebody above asked for direct examples. I just played 3 games there so I'll tell you what happened. First game 2v2 and my team mate has 2 shocking attempts at saving and the opposition go 2 - 0 up. So i use the quick chat prompt to write "what a save!" a few times in s row. He implodes and joins the other team for the whole game which is actually a banable offence. We end up losing 8 - 0. I still had fun playing 1v3.

 

Next game 3v3 and we win. I was being cheeky in the chat saying this like Ezzz After we scored the first goal or "Next" after the others. Didn't get any reaction and the game concludes with a win. 

 

So third match was 3v3 and i just finished it about 10mins ago. So the other team go 2 - 0 up. I can't remember what I said but i was being cheeky to the other team when we pulled a goal back. Probably just said the "what a save" thing again. Straight away one of the opposition goes afk and insults my psn name. Then he returns and forgets about defending and drives down my end to demolish me which he does. But just as he did we score to make it 2-2. So now the real fun begins. I laugh in the chat and tell him his boom failed.

 

We beat them 4 2 with me ending up as the mvp and the other team are going apeshit in the chat. So the main culprit afterwards messages me via psn and this is the conversation we have.

 

Him: u got tourettes do ya? Bum ass annoying cunt.

 

Me: just accept I'm the better man and move along

 

Him: there was no purpose in you getting born, do u realize dat?

 

Me: alright calm down calm down

 

Him: alright move along kid

 

Me: that's what i just said. You clearly demonstrated you have anger issues when you lose so best you take my advice and scarper with your tail between your lege. Adios.

 

Him:

Lol

Who's man is this 

So your saying no one else but me gets angry when some random kid annoys the living shit out of everyone. Good one mate. 

 

Me: you lost i won. You're angry I'm happy. Get over it.

 

And as we speak he's sending more. 



Around the Network
John2290 said:
I gave up on MW3 and Xbox live because of that shit. Compared to Xbox live MW 2 and 3 on PSN was a pleasent expereince. At least on PSN it's banter, if ya don't feel like chatting shit yoh can just hang back let the banter go on and have some team chatter in the background with the others who are interested in directing the match to a win. Xbox Live, You might as well turn on Alex jones and try and have a chat with him. I had one ppsitive match, one positive couple of games from a group in a lobby who were friendly and also interested in the game out of 70+ hours or whatever 3 days ammounts to.

XB Live seems to be a much better place to play these days, relative to several years ago.  I say "seems to be" because most of my time is spent playing Destiny now, so it could just be that this particular game doesn't attract the assholes as much.  The improvement seems to coincide, more or less, with the XBL/PS4 launches.  

I don't have as much experience playing online on PSN, as I just joined shortly after I got my PS4 Pro (and didn't renew my subscription after one year, but not for reasons related to this post).  But, from what I have seen, the toxicity level on both services is about the same over the last few years.  And, frankly, I don't think it's very bad right now.  



VAMatt said:
John2290 said:
I gave up on MW3 and Xbox live because of that shit. Compared to Xbox live MW 2 and 3 on PSN was a pleasent expereince. At least on PSN it's banter, if ya don't feel like chatting shit yoh can just hang back let the banter go on and have some team chatter in the background with the others who are interested in directing the match to a win. Xbox Live, You might as well turn on Alex jones and try and have a chat with him. I had one ppsitive match, one positive couple of games from a group in a lobby who were friendly and also interested in the game out of 70+ hours or whatever 3 days ammounts to.

XB Live seems to be a much better place to play these days, relative to several years ago.  I say "seems to be" because most of my time is spent playing Destiny now, so it could just be that this particular game doesn't attract the assholes as much.  The improvement seems to coincide, more or less, with the XBL/PS4 launches.  

I don't have as much experience playing online on PSN, as I just joined shortly after I got my PS4 Pro (and didn't renew my subscription after one year, but not for reasons related to this post).  But, from what I have seen, the toxicity level on both services is about the same over the last few years.  And, frankly, I don't think it's very bad right now.  

Agreed. Both psn and xb1 are far calmer these days. 



Gamers my arse, more like pretenders and drama queens. . .

Edit: I meant by "today's gamers" in general.



             

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I meant to give an update on this a while back but forgot. So good news for all you anti trolls out there. There is a new anti Troll system that rocket league uses and I can confirm it works much better then the last.

I was banned for 1 day, then 3 days and recently banned again for a week. So the system works. If you want to know what the system picked up about me from reports feel free to ask.

Just remember it's only bans from using the ingame chat not playing the game.

Now trolls like me can still have our fun we just had to adapt. Still incredibly easy to trigger people by using the quick chat prompts such as
"what a save" if you use them sarcastically. So not foolproof but it's definitely reducing the toxic levels way down.



Know this will make some gamers harden up again. I know I am.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8