Quantcast
Locked: Spiderman Creative Director, Bryan Intihar has a message for those complaining about Spiderman exclusivity.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spiderman Creative Director, Bryan Intihar has a message for those complaining about Spiderman exclusivity.

the OP got perma banned. lol.

OT: I agree. Sony is all about the games! There is no reason not to own a playstation. No one will be freakin out otherwise.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 13 September 2018

Around the Network
BoseDK said:
VAMatt said:
This is nice and all, but how often do you hear a developer complain about the companies supporting their work? People generally don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. I don't generally hear people complaining about Microsoft or Nintendo micromanaging them.

Regardless, it obviously is good of any company to let the people working for them, or working on their behalf, have the freedom to do a good job.

Last time a developer spoke about MS he said and I quote: “Those shits at MS… are they fucking with me…?”That was Kamiya over a year before Scalebound got cancelled.

While you're right that devs don't often come out and say negative things about their publishers, it's also a fact that don't go out of their way to praise how much freedom and support they're getting either. This seems to happen with Sony time and agin though. Kojima has said it several times. Naughty Dog has said it. Guerrilla Games has said it. And it's not just words we can see it in the games being made. 

Hell even the heads of studios Sony has closed have had this same sentiment:

Sony First Party Studios Are Masters of Their Own Destiny, Says Former Sony Dev: https://gamingbolt.com/sony-first-party-studios-are-masters-of-their-own-destiny-says-former-sony-dev

Even the studios Sony shut down agree that they were supported in every way possible and their downfall was their own doing. That's not something I've seen regarding any other publisher.

If boseDK got banned for this post something is seriously wrong with the mods.
Its on topic and its a direct quote, not something made up.



JRPGfan said:
BoseDK said:

Last time a developer spoke about MS he said and I quote: “Those shits at MS… are they fucking with me…?”That was Kamiya over a year before Scalebound got cancelled.

While you're right that devs don't often come out and say negative things about their publishers, it's also a fact that don't go out of their way to praise how much freedom and support they're getting either. This seems to happen with Sony time and agin though. Kojima has said it several times. Naughty Dog has said it. Guerrilla Games has said it. And it's not just words we can see it in the games being made. 

Hell even the heads of studios Sony has closed have had this same sentiment:

Sony First Party Studios Are Masters of Their Own Destiny, Says Former Sony Dev: https://gamingbolt.com/sony-first-party-studios-are-masters-of-their-own-destiny-says-former-sony-dev

Even the studios Sony shut down agree that they were supported in every way possible and their downfall was their own doing. That's not something I've seen regarding any other publisher.

If boseDK got banned for this post something is seriously wrong with the mods.
Its on topic and its a direct quote, not something made up.

Maybe a comment with another thread ?



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

deskpro2k3 said:

the OP got perma banned. lol.

OT: I agree. Sony is all about the games! There is no reason not to own a playstation. No one will be freakin out otherwise.

Whoops

JRPGfan said:
BoseDK said:

-

If boseDK got banned for this post something is seriously wrong with the mods.
Its on topic and its a direct quote, not something made up.

...He got banned because he's an alt.

 

OT: Err, loving the game so far so I'm glad, beats the Batman games for me.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 September 2018

bananaking21 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Like I've stated before. These guys better get the job to make a Superman game or other Marvel properties. Mainly the one I'd want is Superman though, so many years have passed and this character has never had an actually really good game like Spider-Man and Batman have had. Superman deserves one big epic game

Because superman is a boring character. He can do everything and nothing can hurt or kill him. Except a rock. 

It's a common misconception about Superman. He's truly strong in a universal level, but there are many challenges out there for him. This thing about a kryptonite is a misconception that usually comes from the films and that many that don't actually know the character and read the comics think it's true. It's not. Besides, Superman is also super intelligent. There are many universe problems that Superman could have to work out without using force and that would be truly extraordinary to show in a game or films.

Unfortunately the idea of Superman vs Kryptonite is so mainstream now that even film makers can't take the time to really work out the character and come up with something different about him.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


Around the Network
VAMatt said:
This is nice and all, but how often do you hear a developer complain about the companies supporting their work? People generally don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. I don't generally hear people complaining about Microsoft or Nintendo micromanaging them.

Regardless, it obviously is good of any company to let the people working for them, or working on their behalf, have the freedom to do a good job.

Normally I'd entirely agree since I don't think any dev would, in their right mind, bash the ones paying to develop a game. However, given Sony's history of having a wide variety of top notch, high quality, unique games and exclusives I think there's some genuine truth to it. 

Almost everything on Nintendo is platformer or family friendly with very few exceptions. 

Almost everything on Xbox is gritty, realistic, or masculine with very few exceptions. 

But Sony...there's so many different genres and ideas that are native to Sony's console when it comes to exclusives. They get mascot platformers, dark fantasy, action oriented shooters, superhero games, platformers, action, adventure, racing, and a little bit of everything in between. They fund stuff like The Last Guardian and Shadow of the Colossus. They fund stuff like Spider-Man and InFamous. They fund things like Ratchet & Clank and LittlebigPlanet. No matter what you like or what you're looking for, Sony does it. I mean, look at Death Stranding! They basically gave Hideo Kojima a mountain of cash and said 'we're good, do what you want', and because of that we're getting something that, even to this day, we don't fully understand. It could be a generic clone of MGS, it could be something completely unique! We don't know! 

My point is, the variety and risks taken on Sony make me think that this quote is pretty sincere and not just licking the balls of your boss. If Sony was holding its studios in a vice grip, I think the output would be far more homogenized. I doubt any one company is actually smart enough to truly understand the entirety of the gaming landscape, especially not a huge corporation like Sony. I think the most reasonable explanation is that they trust their developers to make good games, and it's paid off in the end. 



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 3 this generation: 
Bloodborne, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III

Seems kinda like the Bayonetta 2 situation.



Runa216 said:
VAMatt said:
This is nice and all, but how often do you hear a developer complain about the companies supporting their work? People generally don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. I don't generally hear people complaining about Microsoft or Nintendo micromanaging them.

Regardless, it obviously is good of any company to let the people working for them, or working on their behalf, have the freedom to do a good job.

 

Almost everything on Nintendo is platformer or family friendly with very few exceptions. 

Almost everything on Xbox is gritty, realistic, or masculine with very few exceptions. 

 

 

Let me take a wild guess. You only own a PS4, don't you?



KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

 

Almost everything on Nintendo is platformer or family friendly with very few exceptions. 

Almost everything on Xbox is gritty, realistic, or masculine with very few exceptions. 

 

 

Let me take a wild guess. You only own a PS4, don't you?

Clearly he seems to think that ARMS, Splatoon, Smash, Fire Emblem, and Metroid are all platformers.

 

I mean 'family friendly' is an interesting declaration. I mean, are there only kiddy games, and Kratos, in his mind?



The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

vivster said:
Yes, and I'm sure cars would not exist if it wasn't for Henry Ford. I hate that stupid argument. If something does not exist, it's only a matter of time before it does if there is enough demand.

There is no excuse for exclusivity, just plain old money reasons.

You confuse "Exist" and "Exist as they are". Without Sony this game wouldn't have existed as it is right now.



  • Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)