Quantcast
Nindie Café: digital espresso et al!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nindie Café: digital espresso et al!

The previous barren land that was the eShop has become a bustling city for digital games.
What better way to keep tabs on this busy scene than an eShop Café?
A place where you are free to relax, chit chat and discuss.

Want to share your latest digital experience? What about the newest deals? Did you check out that new Nindie?
Just come in and smell the coffee ~


Have a cuppa

Other City Hotstops
NintenMall - 3rdMusseum - SwitchClub - RateShop - EURadio

Last edited by TomaTito - on 02 September 2018

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Around the Network

Thats a retro mushroom, i wonder if thats a hint of Super Mario World coming to Switch. Or have i read to much into this?





@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Azzanation said:
Thats a retro mushroom, i wonder if thats a hint of Super Mario World coming to Switch. Or have i read to much into this?

Nah, you just posted too early.... ARgghghg!!!! EDIT: Aw well, second post is lost

Back to the topic, that cuppa could very well be a hint of SMW in the Nintendo Online service, not only NES but also SNES games!

Last edited by TomaTito - on 30 August 2018

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

And here I thought they were actually opening a cafe in Japan. Color me disappointed.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
And here I thought they were actually opening a cafe in Japan. Color me disappointed.

Talking about Japan, have you been to the Kirby Cafe?
Going to Korea this winter, and apart from many other ones I am thinking of passing by the One Piece Cafe at Seoul.

Either way, you can still enlighten us Switchers with a cool PC indie we might see in 6 months time.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

TomaTito said:
vivster said:
And here I thought they were actually opening a cafe in Japan. Color me disappointed.

Talking about Japan, have you been to the Kirby Cafe?
Going to Korea this winter, and apart from many other ones I am thinking of passing by the One Piece Cafe at Seoul.

Either way, you can still enlighten us Switchers with a cool PC indie we might see in 6 months time.

I haven't been to any special cafe but I have seen lots of them from the outside. Which reminds me I still owe this forum an expansive thread about my trip.

The best indie games I played recently are all already on the Switch. Rocket League, Stardew Valley and Battle Chasers are really great games I can recommend.

There are 2 amazing indies that for some reason are not yet on the Switch.

Ziggurat

A fast paced dungeon crawler rogue lite fantasy FPS. A myriad of different classes, wands and abilities that make every run unique. Incredibly fun and one of the best FPS of all time.

Slime Rancher

A simplistic but very fun ranch simulator based on slimes and their produce. It gets incredibly deep in the end game and easily offers 50+ hours of fun. If you like farming games like Stardew Valley and colorful 3D environments this is the game for you.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

OOOoo tagging this for later, loving some indie action on the Switch, I just finished Night in the Woods last night, was a fantastic story, not... really a massive ton of gameplay, well.... you obviously play through a story but there is no combat to speak of it's more exploring a town... a story and a damaged main character who just wants to curl up in a ball and have the world stay the way they remember it being as a kid.



Also didn't notice until the credits rolled too, but it was a kickstarter game! Always impressed to see those turn from a collection of peoples cash into an actual piece of playable and enjoyable software.

Great game for the Switch too to play in evening sessions, as the game is broken into days so what I found myself doing was playing through a day/night of it each evening before bed, really cool story based game, but I would advise avoiding reading about the story before playing it as obviously you might spoil certain aspects of the game.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Also Brawl seems to be a fairly terrible bomberman clone.


Considering bomberman exists on the system but costs 30 times more than Brawl... I dunno... okay Brawl isn't 30 times worse than bomberman for what it offers, but slightly clunky controls and bomberman gameplay do not go hand in hand.

It's worth the 99c that it costs right now, but seriously what isn't worth 99c? that's 1/5th the price of a Costa Coffee.



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

vivster said:

The best indie games I played recently are all already on the Switch. Rocket League, Stardew Valley and Battle Chasers are really great games I can recommend.

There are 2 amazing indies that for some reason are not yet on the Switch.

Ziggurat

Slime Rancher

I remember you've mentioned Ziggurat before, but I thought Slime Rancher was being ported!?!
... apparently not: https://www.reddit.com/r/slimerancher/comments/5okufu/will_slime_rancher_ever_see_a_nintendo_switch/

PS: I would not go to the cafes either, but it's going to be cold in Korea, so I looked for stepping stone stops to keep warm.
Be sure to give a heads up when you posts that Japan thread.

Ganoncrotch said:

It's worth the 99c that it costs right now, but seriously what isn't worth 99c? that's 1/5th the price of a Costa Coffee.

The Nindie coffee here is only 50c, we want it to be the place to be and bring in as many clients as possible.

Thanks for that recommendation and warning, with images to boot, think you got the hang of this Cafe



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR