Quantcast
Sony first Party games sales, A huge leap from PS3 era. ( Entered Ninty Level ) Update: GOW at 10m & Uncharted 4 16M

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony first Party games sales, A huge leap from PS3 era. ( Entered Ninty Level ) Update: GOW at 10m & Uncharted 4 16M

Last edited by Evilms - on 21 May 2019

Around the Network
Evilms said:

-graph

Where did this come from?



                                                                                                                                            

CGI-Quality said:
Evilms said:

-graph

Where did this come from?

I counted all this official data in this table for PS4 first party games exceeding 2 million.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/09/15/bloodborne-expansion-the-old-hunters-out-november-24th/

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/28/horizon-zero-dawn-celebrates-second-anniversary-10-million-copies-sold-worldwide/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/corporate/press-releases/2014/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-exceed-2-1-million-units-worldwide/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-03-driveclub-surpasses-2m-sales

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-has-sold-around-3-3-million-copies-worldwide/

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/release/2019/190108.html

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1072883814840631296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1072883814840631296&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jeuxvideo-live.com%2Fnews%2Fdetroit-become-human-a-deepassee-les-2-millions-dexemplaires-vendus-92026

Last edited by Evilms - on 21 May 2019

Two things I want to point out. The 16 million for Uncharted 4 should probably be removed as it's VERY dubious. Sony's official information only has the game at 8.7 million after 266 days after launch. Sony does update other games that keep selling. Horizon shows up through 672 days with 10 million. We're saying the game doubled in sales and sold another 8 million a year after it came out? Maybe it's all bundels but I'd say that it's probably closer to 8, not 16.
See pg 9
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/18q4_supplement.pdf

On the sales, one thing to keep in mind is that all of these titles are releasing late into the system's life, after the system already has a large install base. In other words, they didn't move the system, more likely the system moved them. It seems more like 3rd party games pushed the system and then Sony's first party games road the wave thereafter. Fun fact, Bloodborn, released in 2015, has only sold 1 million according to Sony. We'll get a better idea when Gen 9 gets moving into high gear if their first party line up is really moving units or if the rising tide lifted all boats.



Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

VideoGameAccountant said:
Two things I want to point out. The 16 million for Uncharted 4 should probably be removed as it's VERY dubious. Sony's official information only has the game at 8.7 million after 266 days after launch. Sony does update other games that keep selling. Horizon shows up through 672 days with 10 million. We're saying the game doubled in sales and sold another 8 million a year after it came out? Maybe it's all bundels but I'd say that it's probably closer to 8, not 16.
See pg 9
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/18q4_supplement.pdf

On the sales, one thing to keep in mind is that all of these titles are releasing late into the system's life, after the system already has a large install base. In other words, they didn't move the system, more likely the system moved them. It seems more like 3rd party games pushed the system and then Sony's first party games road the wave thereafter. Fun fact, Bloodborn, released in 2015, has only sold 1 million according to Sony. We'll get a better idea when Gen 9 gets moving into high gear if their first party line up is really moving units or if the rising tide lifted all boats.

Sony's official info has Uncharted 4 well over 10 million (though no exact figure is given, the graph reveals plenty). And, you're really reaching if you're trying to diminish the achievement of these games because 'they didn't sell the system, the system sold them'. 

Btw, Bloodborne sold 1 million within its first month (you spun that as well). We are now 4 years after the launch of the game, with no idea what its lifetime total is, but one can reasonably assume it sold plenty more after May 2015.



                                                                                                                                            

Around the Network

Amazing. Deserved.



CGI-Quality said:
VideoGameAccountant said:
Two things I want to point out. The 16 million for Uncharted 4 should probably be removed as it's VERY dubious. Sony's official information only has the game at 8.7 million after 266 days after launch. Sony does update other games that keep selling. Horizon shows up through 672 days with 10 million. We're saying the game doubled in sales and sold another 8 million a year after it came out? Maybe it's all bundels but I'd say that it's probably closer to 8, not 16.
See pg 9
https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/pdf/18q4_supplement.pdf

On the sales, one thing to keep in mind is that all of these titles are releasing late into the system's life, after the system already has a large install base. In other words, they didn't move the system, more likely the system moved them. It seems more like 3rd party games pushed the system and then Sony's first party games road the wave thereafter. Fun fact, Bloodborn, released in 2015, has only sold 1 million according to Sony. We'll get a better idea when Gen 9 gets moving into high gear if their first party line up is really moving units or if the rising tide lifted all boats.

Sony's official info has Uncharted 4 well over 10 million (though no exact figure is given, the graph reveals plenty). And, you're really reaching if you're trying to diminish the achievement of these games because 'they didn't sell the system, the system sold them'. 

Btw, Bloodborne sold 1 million within its first month (you spun that as well). We are now 4 years after the launch of the game, with no idea what its lifetime total is, but one can reasonably assume it sold plenty more after May 2015.

You are talking to a guy who was on a crusade one year ago on this website to make people believe that PS4 will never reach Wii's sales and never top 100M and gave his "data" to prove it.

I thought he was gone because he was totally wrong. 

I expect Epic necrobump when PS4 will be officially over 100M this year. 

Last edited by Keiji - on 21 May 2019

The last of us done a mario kart 8 in that it's port outsold the original, just crazy.



VideoGameAccountant said:
Fun fact, Bloodborne, released in 2015, has only sold 1 million according to Sony.

Fun fact, Bloodborne, released in 2015, sold 2 million in less than 6 months according to Sony (link).

We don't know how many additional units it has moved the past 4 years but thanks to the trophy leak gamestat calculated that Bloodborne's player count is over 12M (link). Of course player count doesn't translate to sales but trying to insinuate that its sales are close to 1M is ignorant at best, trolling at worst.



Replicant said:
VideoGameAccountant said:
Fun fact, Bloodborne, released in 2015, has only sold 1 million according to Sony.

We don't know how many additional units it has moved the past 4 years but thanks to the trophy leak gamestat calculated that Bloodborne's player count is over 12M (link). Of course player count doesn't translate to sales but trying to insinuate that its sales are close to 1M is ignorant at best, trolling at worst.

If my english was better, I would have said the same thing.