Quantcast
Japan sales (Week 29) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 16-22, 2018

Forums - Latest Charts - Japan sales (Week 29) Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 16-22, 2018

Mbolibombo said:
outlawauron said:
Not much going on this week. Market does look a bit healthier than it did a few weeks ago.

I am curious about Octopath's digital numbers, because I expected more this week considering the supply issues.

It has well documented stock issues and you expected more than it got? I am surprised it got as much as it did.

Yes, because supply issues means that the incoming shipments would be in higher than normal demand. The fact that the drop it showed was fairly normal for an JRPG (~80%) means that it's showing normal sales patterns despite pent up demand. Maybe it'll have better legs in the coming weeks (or they've moved to digital instead, which is why I wanted to see digital sales).



Around the Network

Splatoon 2 is on its way to beating a monster and then becoming #1 game Japan.



The performance of Splatoon is unbelievable. If they make a 3rd one in 2 years, it will sell NUTS.



GuyDuke said:
The performance of Splatoon is unbelievable. If they make a 3rd one in 2 years, it will sell NUTS.

Let's not go into franchise fatigue yet, Yokai Watch suffered from it, so I would suggest to not get a new game before Switch 2



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Top 10 switch and 3ds games. Gosh! What a massacre its ocurring in japan!!



Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
GuyDuke said:
The performance of Splatoon is unbelievable. If they make a 3rd one in 2 years, it will sell NUTS.

Let's not go into franchise fatigue yet, Yokai Watch suffered from it, so I would suggest to not get a new game before Switch 2

That would make 3 years, which is pretty standard time in game development. Splatoon 2 released only 2 years after the first one, that is not what I call franchise fatigue lol.

Yokai Watch released in 2013, YW2 in 2014, YW3 in 2016 and the 4th one in 2018. That is what I call milking. My suggestion does not imply this kind of overproduction.



GuyDuke said:
Mar1217 said:

Let's not go into franchise fatigue yet, Yokai Watch suffered from it, so I would suggest to not get a new game before Switch 2

That would make 3 years, which is pretty standard time in game development. Splatoon 2 released only 2 years after the first one, that is not what I call franchise fatigue lol.

Yokai Watch released in 2013, YW2 in 2014, YW3 in 2016 and the 4th one in 2018. That is what I call milking. My suggestion does not imply this kind of overproduction.

I wouldn't mind seeing the base game Splatoon 2 getting updated for a bit longer and get a spin-off of the franchise instead of a sequel just yet. I feel like there is more they can do with the franchise they haven't tapped into yet.



GuyDuke said:
Mar1217 said:

Let's not go into franchise fatigue yet, Yokai Watch suffered from it, so I would suggest to not get a new game before Switch 2

That would make 3 years, which is pretty standard time in game development. Splatoon 2 released only 2 years after the first one, that is not what I call franchise fatigue lol.

Yokai Watch released in 2013, YW2 in 2014, YW3 in 2016 and the 4th one in 2018. That is what I call milking. My suggestion does not imply this kind of overproduction.

I still think Nintendo main franchises  shouldn't get more than 1 or 2 games per generation of console. 

But I think for a multiplayer centric game they do not need to make another one before the next console. You don't wanna be empty-handed once we go to Switch 2 because they released Splatoon 3 one year ago on it's older brother, don't you ?



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

who will kill the Monster (Nintendo)



I don't think Splatoon 3 will happen in this generation since they didn't want to divide their audience, it's better for them to accumulate the highest milestone before releasing the next entry.