Quantcast
Trump Pokes Iran

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Pokes Iran

SpokenTruth said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:


Rouhani is president of Iran, the highest political figure of his country, officially (although the power of ayatollas makes Iranian politicians de facto almost puppets), and he was the FIRST to provoke, threatening USA quite directly, although in a pompous, exaggerated and ridiculous way that reminds Qaddafi or Saddam, so Trump HAD to retort, he just should have been a lot subtler, for example reminding Rouhani what happened to Argentinian military junta when they attacked UK.

Rouhani said, "American must understand well that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace and war with Iran is the mother of all wars." 

I wouldn't call that provocation given it was prefaced by a statement of peace.

Yeah, I am not sure why that statement is sending Republicans into a childish hissy fit of CALL CAPSLOCK POSTS ON TWITTER... You see how annoying that is =P

Seriously, the fact that the US still has this clown as head of government, and have granted him dictatorial power (or executive) shows an incredible weakness in the country's ability to choose a competent government. I am not saying that to badmouth you, because boy has my own country made similar mistakes in the past. The first step to solving a problem is identifying it, and the problem with the US is not Trump, it's the fact that Trump was even considered to be picked in the first place, and the fact that he's still there. There is some sort of negative influencing factor(s) in your electoral system that needs to be removed.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Trump poked EU with tariffs and just announced a plan to get a zero tariff, zero subsidy free trade plan for both collection of states. I don’t know if he just realized the error of his ways or it was his plan all along but I think it’s great either way. The tariffs were biggest stain on his presidency for me. If it’s just a tool to advance free trade then awesome.



drkohler said:
TheBird said:
Good. Their fault for screaming death to america and burning the flag. Iran is a threat to the human race, and Trump seems to be the only one standing up against their radical ideology.

Iranians actually are nice people. Everyone who ever spent a few weeks in the country will tell you that. It's the loudmouths at the top government positions that are the problem. And boy do we have a loudmouth at the top of one particular country.....

Yeah I know the Iranians are nice people, they just got taken over by some fake corrupt muslims. I see fit that the government is killed, but not the people. I will refer to them as just 'Iran' though.



deskpro2k3 said:
EricHiggin said:

You corrected your first mistake, but not the second one?

The orange president?

Well America and her allies and enemies have been low on vitamin C for a while now. About time they had a glass of fresh squeezed, no?



The Canadian National Anthem According To Justin Trudeau

 

Oh planet Earth! The home of native lands, 
True social law, in all of us demand.
With cattle farts, we view sea rise,
Our North sinking slowly.
From far and snide, oh planet Earth, 
Our healthcare is yours free!
Science save our land, harnessing the breeze,
Oh planet Earth, smoke weed and ferment yeast.
Oh planet Earth, ell gee bee queue and tee.

Jumpin said:

Yeah, I am not sure why that statement is sending Republicans into a childish hissy fit of CALL CAPSLOCK POSTS ON TWITTER... You see how annoying that is =P

Seriously, the fact that the US still has this clown as head of government, and have granted him dictatorial power (or executive) shows an incredible weakness in the country's ability to choose a competent government. I am not saying that to badmouth you, because boy has my own country made similar mistakes in the past. The first step to solving a problem is identifying it, and the problem with the US is not Trump, it's the fact that Trump was even considered to be picked in the first place, and the fact that he's still there. There is some sort of negative influencing factor(s) in your electoral system that needs to be removed.

There are definitely a lot of problems with our electoral system. First Past The Post voting, gerrymandering, the electoral college, the way we do primaries, and more. However there are factors outside of our electoral system that are affecting the electorate itself that ultimately allowed this. Some news outlets are little more than propaganda for one party or the other, and other news outlets feed off outrage because it earns them ad dollars, giving outrageous things more exposure than they deserve, and if anti-vaxers and flat-earthers are any indication, exposure is all you need for some people. This is due to a systemic lack of education and ineffectiveness of existing education to teach people critical thinking and source literacy. As such they see an article from some not credible source and lack the ability to critically evaluate what they read, and believe that all the doctors are just lying corporate shills and the generations of freedom from dibilitating diseases post invention of vaccines were just a lie. Then they share it, which is a separate issue altogether, social media. Social media shares information for mostly emotional reasons, and is designed to flood people with content so they end up not engaging deeply with it, simply reading a clickbaity headline and believing it because it was from their friend that they trust. If they'd read further or looked at the source in a critical way rather than an emotional one, they'd never have believed it. This is how fake news spreads. Bad sources made by companies only looking for ad revenue spread through clickbaity, emotional headlines through the clickbaity, emotional medium of social media from one poorly educated, uncritical person to another, and they believe it because it confirms their narrative.

More than anything, THAT is why we're in the position we're in as a society now, much moreso than electoral flaws. Maybe eliminating the gerrymandering, the closed primaries, the FPTP voting mechanics, and the undemocratic elements of the electoral college would defeat the two party system and the polarizing effects that push the parties to the extremes, but the utter inability to choose a functional government comes from an apocalypse of misinformation that's only going to get worse.



Around the Network
Jumpin said:
SpokenTruth said:

Rouhani said, "American must understand well that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace and war with Iran is the mother of all wars." 

I wouldn't call that provocation given it was prefaced by a statement of peace.

Yeah, I am not sure why that statement is sending Republicans into a childish hissy fit of CALL CAPSLOCK POSTS ON TWITTER... You see how annoying that is =P

Seriously, the fact that the US still has this clown as head of government, and have granted him dictatorial power (or executive) shows an incredible weakness in the country's ability to choose a competent government. I am not saying that to badmouth you, because boy has my own country made similar mistakes in the past. The first step to solving a problem is identifying it, and the problem with the US is not Trump, it's the fact that Trump was even considered to be picked in the first place, and the fact that he's still there. There is some sort of negative influencing factor(s) in your electoral system that needs to be removed.

You don't see it because Spoken(partial)Truth omitted a successive part of Rouhani's speech that turned that quoted part, just ambiguous if taken alone, into an explicit threat.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!

        

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Jumpin said:

Yeah, I am not sure why that statement is sending Republicans into a childish hissy fit of CALL CAPSLOCK POSTS ON TWITTER... You see how annoying that is =P

Seriously, the fact that the US still has this clown as head of government, and have granted him dictatorial power (or executive) shows an incredible weakness in the country's ability to choose a competent government. I am not saying that to badmouth you, because boy has my own country made similar mistakes in the past. The first step to solving a problem is identifying it, and the problem with the US is not Trump, it's the fact that Trump was even considered to be picked in the first place, and the fact that he's still there. There is some sort of negative influencing factor(s) in your electoral system that needs to be removed.

You don't see it because Spoken(partial)Truth omitted a successive part of Rouhani's speech that turned that quoted part, just ambiguous if taken alone, into an explicit threat.

You want more?  I got you. 

The instigation came as Trump's administration has threatened to block Iranian oil exports via sanctions and has pressured Iran's oil import partners to stop using Iranian oil. 

Rouhani then retorted,

"America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars"
“You are not in a position to incite the Iranian nation against Iran’s security and interests”
"Anyone who understands the rudiments of politics doesn’t say ‘we will stop Iran’s oil exports’...we have been the guarantor of the regional waterway’s security throughout history”
“We have always guaranteed the security of this strait. Do not play with the lion’s tail, you will regret it forever"
"Whenever Europe has sought an agreement with us, the White House has sown discord."
"We must not think that the White House will remain forever at this level of opposition to international law."

Then Trump said:

"CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

You don't see it because Spoken(partial)Truth omitted a successive part of Rouhani's speech that turned that quoted part, just ambiguous if taken alone, into an explicit threat.

You want more?  I got you. 

The instigation came as Trump's administration has threatened to block Iranian oil exports via sanctions and has pressured Iran's oil import partners to stop using Iranian oil. 

Rouhani then retorted,

"America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars"
“You are not in a position to incite the Iranian nation against Iran’s security and interests”
"Anyone who understands the rudiments of politics doesn’t say ‘we will stop Iran’s oil exports’...we have been the guarantor of the regional waterway’s security throughout history”
“We have always guaranteed the security of this strait. Do not play with the lion’s tail, you will regret it forever"
"Whenever Europe has sought an agreement with us, the White House has sown discord."
"We must not think that the White House will remain forever at this level of opposition to international law."

Then Trump said:

"CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!"

Trump withdrew from the deal on Iran nuclear program giving as reason that he and his counselors think the deal contains loopholes and it's not enough to prevent Iran from producing nukes and threatened Iran with sanctions, as an answer Rouhani made an almost explicit threat of war against USA, that's a provocation quite stronger than sanctions, and it suggests that not just Trump, but anybody else not believing Iran really has peaceful intentions could be not so wrong or that at least Iran is trying to look ready to use military force. Trump could be wrong, he could be too harsh and unreasonable, but ayatollahs and Iranian politicians closest to them, like Rouhani, still use a rhetoric very aggressive towards USA. You could say it's just rhetoric, but in this case you should say the same for Trump. Anyhow, I guess we'll know more soon, as if USA allies still remain satisfied with the current nuclear deal, he'll have to either present them proofs of  attempts of nuclear proliferation by Iran, or backpedal.



Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")

A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.

TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!