Of course it doesn't (although I didn't see you complaining about people who suggested Sony and Nintendo should copy MS). Still the fact that we discuss their sales on their earnng topics disprove your point that it shouldn't be talked about here.
I'm very interested in knowing their sales because this is a sales site for christ sake, everytime someone asks about sales from a MS product in this site you divert to an attack on the person and how unecessary that information is. And yes another reason for the site existence is comparing sales of the products. It was a blast during X360 when all 3 were very close and MS released their numbers and bragged about it, where you here complaining about it?
They know the negatively? You mean, being a lot behind competitors? Funny enough when they won a month during Holidays they were all over the place commemorating their victory. So who is petty? Shall we rescue all their petty twitter posts about sales? Or are you under the impression that Sony and Nintendo are the petty ones and MS is helping the world breaking free of this useless sales concern?
1) This is not just a Sales Site.
2) You are in a thread about MS Q4 earnings.
3) You have made it clear, does not like Xbox seems very interested to know there sales figures.
4) I never cared who's on top of sales and I still don't now. Please find a post of me posting and bragging about Xbox sales in any generation.
5) I hope MS continue not telling there figures to the public because I fine it quite entertaining seeing there opposition supporters hating it.
6) It seems to be those who don't like Xbox more interested in there figures than there actual support base, go figure.
7) Hardware sales does not benefit that much in the big picture when it comes to profiting as we know Hardware takes along time to actually start making money and each generation starts at a lose for a few years. Software and Subscribers is where the real meat is.
8) Quote from you to prove my point *You mean, being a lot behind competitors?* < Exactly this, you don't care, you just want something to bash haha its very clear.
10) Just to finish this off, MS aren't focused on HW sales as much as you think, maybe last gen they were but this gen, its all about there ecosystem, if they cared for HW sales so much than they wouldn't be doing Play-Anywhere with PC and supporting there Win10 Store so heavily and also have a strong focus on online games and Multiplayer to help sell Live. Player count > HW sales is the way there going. Player count contributes to the ecosystem, HW sales does not, in fact many gamers double dip with consoles and replacements and buying and returning systems, and HW sales does not profit well either, so it does nothing in the long run aside from dick measuring.
1) Sure it isn't, but it's the main reason, one you are sure to dismiss in every sales discussion.
2) Which also talks about their gaming division and as already explained always have had HW sales discussed within it. So if you don't want to talk about it just don't reply to the posts talking about it.
3) I bet MS is very interested in the information about Xbox sales, publishers also are. If you mean Xbox fans, them you have any poll or research proving it or you just consider yourself the statistic for this one? Because up until MS not talking about sales anymore a lot of Xbox fans talked and wanted to know the sales, but when Xbox was losing by big margin a lot of Xbox fans on this forum just left.
4) Strawman much? I didn't say you care so why is this being a point?
5) So are you admitting you discuss people asking for it to cause attriction and claim hating?
6) Already replied in previous answers. But it's normal that the group on the losing side would not like to discuss it.
7) Without the HW there isn't a lot of the money on SW, subs and royalties so yes it matters a lot. If it didn't NPD group wouldn't even earn money selling that data. And we wouldn't have this site and the core of discussions.
8) Nope, get to VGC at the time I entered and sales discussion were always had, be it when all 3 were selling close, or when Wii was selling almost X360+PS3, to when PS3 was shrinking the gap (and X360 got kinected and was recovering strong), etc. You thinking myself and others that want the numbers is just to bash MS is more telling of yourself. Switch isn't selling more than PS4 and we still discuss it's sales, actually MS not releasing any numbers open a lot more bashing here than they releasing numbers that are losing. Seems like you forgot the MS post about "will have almost shipped 10M at the end of holiday" a totally spin out post to try and have numbers close to what Sony had disclossed some time before. But I think you like to remember that Halo revenue one that you got confused what was Halo, what was HW and that it all was profit right?
9) skipped one?
10) Sure they don't care about console sales, this is why they keep manufacturing it, doing major discounts, celebrating when they win a NPD, saying the sales during the year doesn't matter being all about holidays, etc. You just ignore all opposite evidence from MS themselves to put a big defense for them. Will you use the defense that MS is so big it doesn't need defense today as well? But completelly forgeting you are defending them.
Xbox is selling so well tat if they told us how much it really is, we would not believe it and accuse them fake news. Then it would be a different controversy. Its the only explanation I can think off.
X1 isn't selling as well as its competition but I think it's profitable. Certainly sounds like they're seeing growth.
Don't say it loud or people will start using this... there are people that think PS4 and X1 are selling close WW because NPD is close and MS doesn't say the WW numbers.
Who thinks this?
Some crazy kuckos in podcasts, youtube and xbox dedicated blogs you'll see people commenting with these "facts".