Quantcast
MICROSOFT results Q4 and Full Year earnings. Huge.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MICROSOFT results Q4 and Full Year earnings. Huge.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

It still is the core of the forum (hint, MS as a whole earnings isn't relevant to the site, unless we want to start talking Samsung, LG, Apple and other companies that may have some interaction with gaming).

But please help us understand the profit from X1 HW or how many SW MS sold since we can't see what is the impact of the royalties and what is purely MS sales.

You are also in a thread that is about MS Q4 earnings.

Go make a thread about it than ;)

Perhaps no one ever told you, but there is a rule against creating response threads.

Also the OP brings information on revenue for the department. So why not instead of deflect do a real answer for once.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

You are also in a thread that is about MS Q4 earnings.

Go make a thread about it than ;)

Perhaps no one ever told you, but there is a rule against creating response threads.

Also the OP brings information on revenue for the department. So why not instead of deflect do a real answer for once.

You are in a thread about there Q4 earnings, not how many Xbox's sold.

It even states in the headline (MICROSOFT) not (XBOX)



Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Perhaps no one ever told you, but there is a rule against creating response threads.

Also the OP brings information on revenue for the department. So why not instead of deflect do a real answer for once.

You are in a thread about there Q4 earnings, not how many Xbox's sold.

It even states in the headline (MICROSOFT) not (XBOX)

OP talks about revenue in Xbox department doesn't it?

Every Nintendo and Sony Q and Y earnings, the sales of HW and SW are discussed even if the title doesn't say Consoles Sold.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

You are in a thread about there Q4 earnings, not how many Xbox's sold.

It even states in the headline (MICROSOFT) not (XBOX)

OP talks about revenue in Xbox department doesn't it?

Every Nintendo and Sony Q and Y earnings, the sales of HW and SW are discussed even if the title doesn't say Consoles Sold.

And.. Does MS have to be like Nintendo and Sony? You seem very interested in knowing there hardware sales.. why? so you can bash and compare them? MS know the negatively behind simply petty sales figures, that's why they stopped posting them, and as long as there are people that treat sales figures as a negative towards a brand, they will continue to hide the figures. It does nothing for them and there customers.



Azzanation said:
COKTOE said:

Why do you say these things? Do you not see the correlation between revenue potential and sold platforms, which grant the ability for one to, and in most cases is a requirement to do so, subscribe to XBL, which is itself a launching pad to further "Profit/Revenue"? If The XBO had sold 10 million less, would it's profit and revenue be the same as it is now? How about if it had sold 100 million more? Please feel free not to respond, because if you come at me with anything other than silence or contrition, I will tear you a new ass so expertly, that it will be your new, defacto asshole.

Hmm lets see.. lets say hypothetically if MS sold each X1 for only $50 and managed to sell 200mill consoles this generation, does that mean there more successful than there opposition, does that make them the best? Because they sold more consoles? Your logic means yes it does, if all you go by is hardware numbers. Its clear all sales do is start nothing but dick measuring contests that does nothing but downplay another platform because 1 sold less than the other. Instead how about we see who is actually making more profits and revenue? Sounds more professional to me than petty console numbers that does not always lead to more success. Clearly they are able to buy new studios and still want to make consoles so they must be doing alright don't you think?

Also with your logic, the PS4 has sold twice the amount of XB1s, Basing my info on below stats, it seems PS4 have 34.5m Paid subscribers, not 80m, now considering Xbox is more online heavy and they have 59m MAU across the board, Its possible to have a healthy amount of paid members with less HW sales. More consoles will help BUT its not the be all end all method. Its not impossible to have more Paid subscribers on a user base with less hardware sold than one with more hardware sold. Its the offerings on each system. Why do you think MS focus a lot on online games? Also keep in mind I am not saying Xbox have more paid member than PS. MS don't solely rely on XB1, that's just 1 product they use to promote Live.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/532431/playstation-plus-subscribers-global/

Bottom line, I think MS grew up, they thrown out the thrash talk and give the numbers that actually make a difference to a business. Good on them.

As for your last sentence, try me.

Errorist76 said:

What has changed to the last 4 years? More promises, more far away goals, even another console AGAIN? Already? and nothing on the horizon that gets delivered, except, well, another Horizon game.

Umm 5 new studios, a new next gen Xbox, GamePass, Cross play.. was that a serious question? Oh wait.. its you Errorist76.

5 new studios of which two already developed for MS exclusively. One is mediocre, another one brand new and unproven and only one is true matter to boast about...Ninja Theory. 

I said it before..to me it looks like more smoke and mirrors, just like their “18 exclusives” at E3 of which 10 actually weren’t exclusives and 3 were Gears games. It seems they’re always telling half-truths hiding the true facts behind fiction.

You really shouldn’t complain if people call them out for this.



Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Azzanation said:

Hmm lets see.. lets say hypothetically if MS sold each X1 for only $50 and managed to sell 200mill consoles this generation, does that mean there more successful than there opposition, does that make them the best? Because they sold more consoles? Your logic means yes it does, if all you go by is hardware numbers. Its clear all sales do is start nothing but dick measuring contests that does nothing but downplay another platform because 1 sold less than the other. Instead how about we see who is actually making more profits and revenue? Sounds more professional to me than petty console numbers that does not always lead to more success. Clearly they are able to buy new studios and still want to make consoles so they must be doing alright don't you think?

Also with your logic, the PS4 has sold twice the amount of XB1s, Basing my info on below stats, it seems PS4 have 34.5m Paid subscribers, not 80m, now considering Xbox is more online heavy and they have 59m MAU across the board, Its possible to have a healthy amount of paid members with less HW sales. More consoles will help BUT its not the be all end all method. Its not impossible to have more Paid subscribers on a user base with less hardware sold than one with more hardware sold. Its the offerings on each system. Why do you think MS focus a lot on online games? Also keep in mind I am not saying Xbox have more paid member than PS. MS don't solely rely on XB1, that's just 1 product they use to promote Live.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/532431/playstation-plus-subscribers-global/

Bottom line, I think MS grew up, they thrown out the thrash talk and give the numbers that actually make a difference to a business. Good on them.

As for your last sentence, try me.

Umm 5 new studios, a new next gen Xbox, GamePass, Cross play.. was that a serious question? Oh wait.. its you Errorist76.

5 new studios of which two already developed for MS exclusively. One is mediocre, another one brand new and unproven and only one is true matter to boast about...Ninja Theory. 

I said it before..to me it looks like more smoke and mirrors, just like their “18 exclusives” at E3 of which 10 actually weren’t exclusives and 3 were Gears games. It seems they’re always telling half-truths hiding the true facts behind fiction.

You really shouldn’t complain if people call them out for this.

Wow.. you seem upset. Well arent you glad you have options out there.

Im not even going to bother. Seems like you have made up your mind on what you like and dislike.

Anyway.. back on topic, how good is there Q4 earnings, MS is killing it.



drkohler said:

Now consider next: What happened to all those millions of (expensive, not cheap) Kinect2 chips and parts that were never put into Kinect2s? How much did that fiasco cost? Kinect2 is not cheap at all to manufacture. It is a brilliant technical gadget that (imo unnecessarily) died in its infancy.

I doubt they overproduced millions of Kinect parts which are now filling up warehouses. They probably stopped producing them long before announcing their plans of a kinect-less Xbox One and they were selling off the rest as optional accessories for Xbox One consoles and PCs for years.

drkohler said:

How do you value the many VR businesses that MS bought out during development of the XBox1  (which probably could also have been a preemptive strike against competitors)? What are all those VR people doing now which were supposed to do XBox1 VR stuff?

Which Xbox1 VR stuff? Kinect ain't VR.

And which VR businesses did they buy during development of the XBox1?

The VR experts they hired were probably all helping to develop "Windows mixed reality" over the last years which includes the full spectrum from VR to AR.



Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

OP talks about revenue in Xbox department doesn't it?

Every Nintendo and Sony Q and Y earnings, the sales of HW and SW are discussed even if the title doesn't say Consoles Sold.

And.. Does MS have to be like Nintendo and Sony? You seem very interested in knowing there hardware sales.. why? so you can bash and compare them? MS know the negatively behind simply petty sales figures, that's why they stopped posting them, and as long as there are people that treat sales figures as a negative towards a brand, they will continue to hide the figures. It does nothing for them and there customers.

Of course it doesn't (although I didn't see you complaining about people who suggested Sony and Nintendo should copy MS). Still the fact that we discuss their sales on their earnng topics disprove your point that it shouldn't be talked about here.

I'm very interested in knowing their sales because this is a sales site for christ sake, everytime someone asks about sales from a MS product in this site you divert to an attack on the person and how unecessary that information is. And yes another reason for the site existence is comparing sales of the products. It was a blast during X360 when all 3 were very close and MS released their numbers and bragged about it, where you here complaining about it?

They know the negatively? You mean, being a lot behind competitors? Funny enough when they won a month during Holidays they were all over the place commemorating their victory. So who is petty? Shall we rescue all their petty twitter posts about sales? Or are you under the impression that Sony and Nintendo are the petty ones and MS is helping the world breaking free of this useless sales concern?

Conina said:
drkohler said:

Now consider next: What happened to all those millions of (expensive, not cheap) Kinect2 chips and parts that were never put into Kinect2s? How much did that fiasco cost? Kinect2 is not cheap at all to manufacture. It is a brilliant technical gadget that (imo unnecessarily) died in its infancy.

I doubt they overproduced millions of Kinect parts which are now filling up warehouses. They probably stopped producing them long before announcing their plans of a kinect-less Xbox One and they were selling off the rest as optional accessories for Xbox One consoles and PCs for years.

drkohler said:

How do you value the many VR businesses that MS bought out during development of the XBox1  (which probably could also have been a preemptive strike against competitors)? What are all those VR people doing now which were supposed to do XBox1 VR stuff?

Which Xbox1 VR stuff? Kinect ain't VR.

And which VR businesses did they buy during development of the XBox1?

The VR experts they hired were probably all helping to develop "Windows mixed reality" over the last years which includes the full spectrum from VR to AR.

I guess he is talking about all those contracts for parts that you usually pay for a certain quantity over time (which is one reason why increase or decrease production take some time) so cutting production at once probably costed some.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Errorist76 said:
Azzanation said:

Hmm lets see.. lets say hypothetically if MS sold each X1 for only $50 and managed to sell 200mill consoles this generation, does that mean there more successful than there opposition, does that make them the best? Because they sold more consoles? Your logic means yes it does, if all you go by is hardware numbers. Its clear all sales do is start nothing but dick measuring contests that does nothing but downplay another platform because 1 sold less than the other. Instead how about we see who is actually making more profits and revenue? Sounds more professional to me than petty console numbers that does not always lead to more success. Clearly they are able to buy new studios and still want to make consoles so they must be doing alright don't you think?

Also with your logic, the PS4 has sold twice the amount of XB1s, Basing my info on below stats, it seems PS4 have 34.5m Paid subscribers, not 80m, now considering Xbox is more online heavy and they have 59m MAU across the board, Its possible to have a healthy amount of paid members with less HW sales. More consoles will help BUT its not the be all end all method. Its not impossible to have more Paid subscribers on a user base with less hardware sold than one with more hardware sold. Its the offerings on each system. Why do you think MS focus a lot on online games? Also keep in mind I am not saying Xbox have more paid member than PS. MS don't solely rely on XB1, that's just 1 product they use to promote Live.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/532431/playstation-plus-subscribers-global/

Bottom line, I think MS grew up, they thrown out the thrash talk and give the numbers that actually make a difference to a business. Good on them.

As for your last sentence, try me.

Umm 5 new studios, a new next gen Xbox, GamePass, Cross play.. was that a serious question? Oh wait.. its you Errorist76.

5 new studios of which two already developed for MS exclusively. One is mediocre, another one brand new and unproven and only one is true matter to boast about...Ninja Theory. 

I said it before..to me it looks like more smoke and mirrors, just like their “18 exclusives” at E3 of which 10 actually weren’t exclusives

Did they by chance refer to those 10 exclusives as console exclusives?

Errorist76 said:

and 3 were Gears games.

A game can't be a Gears game and an exclusive at the same time?

Errorist76 said:

It seems they’re always telling half-truths hiding the true facts behind fiction.

You really shouldn’t complain if people call them out for this.

At least they're not telling false facts. Look on the bright side!



I knew this thread would be entertaining. Great numbers for MS tho.



PSN ID- Rafie27

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron