Quantcast
Is the United States really a developed country?

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is the United States really a developed country?

Nem said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Humorous gold??? With no explanation and then follows it up with insult, god the people on this site are pretentious 

 

Well... what am i to say when you make historically false statements? The hint was in the french. It was the french that revolted against kings first with the ideals of fraternity, equality and liberty. It wasn't the US and the "forefathers" and their dated document that started the ideals of liberty. It was imported.

🤣🤣🤣 Do you even read history? The French Revolution was in 1789-1798 our independence was in 1776 sounds like your math is way off and your biases. So your dumbass statement on dated document being imported is also wrong. Only thing was imported from French was the Statue of Liberty. Get your facts straight please 



Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
It’s funny how people forget what my country has brought to the world because OUR NUMBER ONE BELIEF IS FREEDOM OF CHOICE and the right to pursuit happiness. Remember before the United States most of he people were enslaved or considered peasants under KINGS. Then my fore fathers wrote the greatest piece of paper and human advances took off.

Your ignorant thoughts on we aren’t a developed country is just wrong. And can’t belive this kind of crap is allowed here

Yes i agree that the US is a developed country but that piece of paper you're "forefathers" wrote isn't that important for humanity as a whole.



Immersiveunreality said:
DolPhanTendo said:
It’s funny how people forget what my country has brought to the world because OUR NUMBER ONE BELIEF IS FREEDOM OF CHOICE and the right to pursuit happiness. Remember before the United States most of he people were enslaved or considered peasants under KINGS. Then my fore fathers wrote the greatest piece of paper and human advances took off.

Your ignorant thoughts on we aren’t a developed country is just wrong. And can’t belive this kind of crap is allowed here

Yes i agree that the US is a developed country but that piece of paper you're "forefathers" wrote isn't that important for humanity as a whole.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Really??? Please read the Bill of Rights 



Nem said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Humorous gold??? With no explanation and then follows it up with insult, god the people on this site are pretentious 

 

Well... what am i to say when you make historically false statements? The hint was in the french. It was the french that revolted against kings first with the ideals of fraternity, equality and liberty. It wasn't the US and the "forefathers" and their dated document that started the ideals of liberty. It was imported.

The American Revolution actually happened before the French Revolution.



DolPhanTendo said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yes i agree that the US is a developed country but that piece of paper you're "forefathers" wrote isn't that important for humanity as a whole.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Really??? Please read the Bill of Rights 

Yes it was great for the US.

Laws to protect people existed hundreds of years before it already in Europe and in Asia even before that.



Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
Nem said:

 

Well... what am i to say when you make historically false statements? The hint was in the french. It was the french that revolted against kings first with the ideals of fraternity, equality and liberty. It wasn't the US and the "forefathers" and their dated document that started the ideals of liberty. It was imported.

The American Revolution actually happened before the French Revolution.

They worked alongside the french to even make the revolution happen.

As well as the existence of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_of_the_Laws

Which happened far before the American Revolution. The idea was mostly a French one first.



mekail2001 said:
The USA is definitely a developed country (coming from a Canadian). In a lot of ways such as crime rate, healthcare and education it is lagging behind other developed countries but that doesn't mean that its comparable to a developing country.
I love the US, i feel like if i had to move anywhere it would be to the US because of how similar it is to Canada. But that doesnt mean that it doesnt have its issues. I think the current government is absolutely retarded with how they are dealing with international trade and in all honestly Donald Trump pisses me off and i dont understand how over 40% of americans can support a clown like him.

 

HomokHarcos said:
mekail2001 said:
The USA is definitely a developed country (coming from a Canadian). In a lot of ways such as crime rate, healthcare and education it is lagging behind other developed countries but that doesn't mean that its comparable to a developing country.
I love the US, i feel like if i had to move anywhere it would be to the US because of how similar it is to Canada. But that doesnt mean that it doesnt have its issues. I think the current government is absolutely retarded with how they are dealing with international trade and in all honestly Donald Trump pisses me off and i dont understand how over 40% of americans can support a clown like him.

I'm Canadian and feel pretty much the exact same way you do. Canada and the USA are cultural brothers there and I feel at home there.

Yeah but your section of the Rockies is much prettier than ours.  Banf is awesome.  Sorry I know this has little to do with the subject but had to throw my two cents in.



The U.S. currently has the 10th highest HDI (0.920 very high). Countries with an HDI of 0.8 or higher are considered as highly developed countries.

So, at least according to that definition, there's no debate that the U.S. is one of the most developed countries in the world. Of course, it has its fair share of political, social and economic problems, but as others said before, that pretty much goes for every country on the planet. However, it's only beneficial to be aware of and vocal about these problems as it helps to improve the country even further.



The best rated universities are mostly located at the US, that also tops academic ranks in research quantity. They hold most Nobel prize wins. They are the top 1 technological innovator in the world. Probably 70% of the tech you used to post your text was based in US research. Don't even get me started on the Internet itself.

It's hard to qualify the US as "underdeveloped" with these metrics.



DolPhanTendo said:
Nem said:

 

Well... what am i to say when you make historically false statements? The hint was in the french. It was the french that revolted against kings first with the ideals of fraternity, equality and liberty. It wasn't the US and the "forefathers" and their dated document that started the ideals of liberty. It was imported.

🤣🤣🤣 Do you even read history? The French Revolution was in 1789-1798 our independence was in 1776 sounds like your math is way off and your biases. So your dumbass statement on dated document being imported is also wrong. Only thing was imported from French was the Statue of Liberty. Get your facts straight please 

Except it isn't a democracy is it? I admit i was a bit off on the dates, wich abnormal, so you got that. But the US is not an example of freedom of choice when who chooses your president isn't you but a electoral college, wich also makes each vote have different weights. Freedom of choice eh? Except some have more freedom than others. ;)