Quantcast
Panic Button says they have "tons" of Switch games in the works.

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Panic Button says they have "tons" of Switch games in the works.

"Panic Button certainly has their hands full with the Switch. It seems like big-name companies left and right are turning to the developer to have them port over their titles to Switch. Turns out there's even more games in the works than we know of.

In a Reddit AMA with Panic Button, the company is asked if they have any other Switch games in the works after Warframe. Panic Button simply replies by saying, 'tons.' "

 

https://gonintendo.com/stories/313470-panic-button-says-they-have-tons-of-switch-games-in-the-works



Around the Network

I'd give half my retirement fund for one of them to be a proper Switch port of RE7. (Yeah I know, very unlikely, but I can dream, can't I?)



tons of watered down ports coming to Switch. That's boring.

 

User was Warned for trolling due to this post - cycycychris

Last edited by cycycychris - on 12 July 2018

I'm surprised that with all the traffic Panic Button is getting, that there aren't other port studios popping up for Switch work. Seems to be lucrative enough for them to be taking on many projects.

I wonder if maybe they're working on a future CoD game, because Switch kinda needs that. And a GTAV port is well overdue, since I'm sure Rockstar is working on VI for next gen consoles, so handing that off to Panic Button wouldn't be a bad idea.

It's encouraging to read interviews with him as they appear to be learning new techniques with each port (which makes sense). They've already ported two games that I didn't think was realistic, so hopefully things continue to go well for them!

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
I'm surprised that with all the traffic Panic Button is getting, that there aren't other port studios popping up for Switch work. Seems to be lucrative enough for them to be taking on many projects.

I am surprised about how little Tantalus has done with the Switch after getting so much praise during the Wii U era. Nintendo itself used them on Twilight Princess HD, but on the Switch all that they did was porting Sonic Mania and a really poor port of a indie game.



Stuart23 said:
Ljink96 said:
I'm surprised that with all the traffic Panic Button is getting, that there aren't other port studios popping up for Switch work. Seems to be lucrative enough for them to be taking on many projects.

I am surprised about how little Tantalus has done with the Switch after getting so much praise during the Wii U era. Nintendo itself used them on Twilight Princess HD, but on the Switch all that they did was porting Sonic Mania and a really poor port of a indie game.

Ah, yeah. Forgot all about them. Maybe they're doing Skyward Sword HD? They've gotta be working on something. Maybe some Wii U ports.



Question is..... are they working on something thats really worth it?

Drakrami said:
tons of watered down ports coming to Switch. That's boring.

Just like vita ports from PS4 ver but fans still enjoy it



Nintendo should themselves create a studio like panic button. Proactively offer the developers to port their games, at least the key games.
What is retro doing? Maybe they'd do that.
Gta5, KH3...