One, my PS4 Pro was a gift, so I traded in my launch PS4.
Two, I got my VITA a long time ago, and as someone who enjoys JRPGs, it is not lacking in any regard. I have also used cross play with Call of Duty Ghosts, Fallout 4, Evil Within, and many others to maximize my playtime. I had no problem buying a VITA back then, just like I have no problem buying my Switch on launch day. I do not regret either purchase. You are really reaching with that one bud.
The 40 bucks was not too much, till I saw the same game for 40 bucks less at 4k with HDR with the ability to remote play for extra time. It is proof that the price point is a real problem for some (from what I hear many).
My backlog consists of...
Metal Gear Solid 5
Far Cry 4
Dark Souls 3
Those are all older games that I had when I started my Zelda marathon to beat every canon mainline game the year before BotW released. I will play them eventually, but I do not feel like playing them right now. I would rather play the games I bought now. Seeing how old those games should also make it evident that while I do have an existing backlog, I am able to keep up with the more current releases as they come.
Look at my Switch game list on my profile, look at my trophie list on my PS4, both will show you that while I passed on a few games I got a good while back, I know how to keep up and finish 90% of what I buy. I will also finish every game I just got and at the start of next year, pick up the games I want over the holiday. You are trying so hard to act like I am being irrational yet my profiles show indisputable proof that you are wrong.
I am not sure why you seem so intent on trying to make me look like I wasted money. I will enjoy every game I got so you are only wasting your breath. Are you upset that I did not support 3rd party games because I spent my money elsewhere? Or are you upset because you realize that the pricepoint is a real problem, but you do not want to admit it?
I honestly can't tell with you because what seemed like a discussion on the topic seems to have turned to you trying your hardest to discredit my decision like you know my habbits and what I have or don't have at my disposal. By doing so you are only hurting your own point. The truth is, you do not know what suits my needs nor what I can do to adjust to my needs. So why do you act like you do?
I'm really only going on everything you say, and you seem to constantly contradict yourself:
You say that the difference in price point is a real problem, but then you also mention that you're not hurting for money at all.
You say you can barely find time at home to play games, but you'll gladly buy games in bulk for a home console system and make a whole schedule trying to fit them in.
You say having them in 4K(we all know it hardly plays anything in actual 4K) HDR is a big appeal, but then you also have to stream them on your Vita to find time for them, which is obviously not in 4K HDR and not as convenient as having the game natively on a system.
"...as my backlog on PS4 is now too massive for me to keep spending money." Considering you now claim that your 'massive' backlog is actually only four games (plus I guess the few you've added now), you were either greatly exaggerating about that before or lying now.
I just don't even know where the contradictions stop. I'm almost curious to know who bought you a PS4 Pro as a gift, but It's not really my business.
1. Just because I am not hurting for money does not mean I cannot choose to go with a better deal.
2. I layed out how I have time to play at home, 53 hours a month minimum, just not as much as I would like. But I see you chose not to include that in your rebuttal.
3. HDR makes a HUGE difference for one. And for two, even a game at 1440k upscaled to 4k is noticeably sharper than their base PS4 counterparts. Just look at any comparison on YouTube (using a 50" or greater 4k display) and it is easy to spot. That is even with compressed youtube videos. Downplay all you want, noticeable is noticeable. Not required, but nice to have.
4. See point number 2...the VITA just gives me more playtime on games I want to play when I am away from home.
5. To me, that is a huge backlog (and yes I included the new games when I said huge). As someone who makes it a point to beat every game I buy, they fact I have not played them bugs the shit out of me. But what can I say, I had games that I would rather be playing then, just like I do now. Your view on the matter is subjective.
6. There are not contradictions, you just do not take into account things I have already answered in previous replies (some to other users) into consideration. There really are not contradictions so much as you refuse to take into consideration that I may have a point. Other users who prefer Switch have acknowledged it, why can't you?
7. My Wife got it for me for my Birthday...and before you ask, no I did not request one. In fact, I made it clear I would rather wait for the PS5 to drop to upgrade. But what am I gonna do, refuse a gift from my wife? No, I am going to enjoy the hell out of it despite what nay sayers think about it.
Last edited by Shiken - on 11 July 2018