Quantcast
Retro Gaming Hub

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Retro Gaming Hub

Which generations should be included

5th gen and down 11 36.67%
 
6th gen and down 14 46.67%
 
7th gen and down 5 16.67%
 
Total:30
CaptainExplosion said:
Raven722 said:

Retro Studio's talents would be incredibly wasted on a Star Fox racing game. These people made the Metroid Prime series, some of the best games ever made, and continued the Donkey Kong Country series with games that are, arguably of course, just as good as the ones Rare made back in its prime.

Who knows what other classic Nintendo franchise Retro could revitalize? ^^

Battalion Wars would be a nice fit imo.



quickrick said: 

ps4 will beat switch by around 100k March npd or slightly less.

The Nintendo eShop rating Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237454

List as Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aW2hXQT1TheElVS7z-F3pP-7nbqdrDqWNTxl6JoJWBY/edit?usp=sharing

Around the Network
I started playing The Twin Snakes on the GameCube, and like the PS1 version better so far. I actually prefer the PS1 graphics.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Who knows what other classic Nintendo franchise Retro could revitalize? ^^

Battalion Wars would be a nice fit imo.

Wasn't that a spin-off of Advance Wars?



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Battalion Wars would be a nice fit imo.

Wasn't that a spin-off of Advance Wars?

It does. But I fear Advance Wars itself would be too static for Retro, hence its RTS spinoff.



quickrick said: 

ps4 will beat switch by around 100k March npd or slightly less.

The Nintendo eShop rating Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237454

List as Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aW2hXQT1TheElVS7z-F3pP-7nbqdrDqWNTxl6JoJWBY/edit?usp=sharing

anyone remember james pond?

Around the Network
Thechalkblock said:
anyone remember james pond?

Not really. I only know that the sequel spoofed RoboCop in it's name.



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said: 
HylianSwordsman said:

Absolutely. If they want to try their hands at a racing game, I could maybe see them doing F-Zero, but if they're going to do a Star Fox spin-off game, I'd rather see them turn Star Fox into Nintendo's Mass Effect. They have the talent and vision to do a lot better than a Star Fox racer.

Does that include the bullshit ending, where it turns out all your choices didn't mean anything, because some pretentious starchild said so?

Nope. Not even necessarily any of the specific gameplay mechanics. Just the general concept of a story heavy game set in a spacefaring civilization that lets the main character explore the galaxy, rather than just fly over it while shooting enemy spaceships. There could still be space battles, but it wouldn't be the only thing, nor would it be "space battles plus a couple of on foot missions in a handful of tiny battlefield stages". I just mean a game that takes a break from the level-by-level, hyper-linear, on-rails non-stop action main games to try a more at-your-own-pace, go-your-own-way sort of spin-off. Like maybe the game takes place sometime in between major wars across the whole system involving Andross, and it has you prowling the galaxy looking for jobs to keep your ragtag mercenary group in business. Maybe not all of the missions are totally above board? Sometimes they do what they gotta do to stay in business. Kind of like Cowboy Bebop or Firefly I guess, but with mercenaries that specialize in space dog-fights.



HylianSwordsman said:
CaptainExplosion said: 

Does that include the bullshit ending, where it turns out all your choices didn't mean anything, because some pretentious starchild said so?

Nope. Not even necessarily any of the specific gameplay mechanics. Just the general concept of a story heavy game set in a spacefaring civilization that lets the main character explore the galaxy, rather than just fly over it while shooting enemy spaceships. There could still be space battles, but it wouldn't be the only thing, nor would it be "space battles plus a couple of on foot missions in a handful of tiny battlefield stages". I just mean a game that takes a break from the level-by-level, hyper-linear, on-rails non-stop action main games to try a more at-your-own-pace, go-your-own-way sort of spin-off. Like maybe the game takes place sometime in between major wars across the whole system involving Andross, and it has you prowling the galaxy looking for jobs to keep your ragtag mercenary group in business. Maybe not all of the missions are totally above board? Sometimes they do what they gotta do to stay in business. Kind of like Cowboy Bebop or Firefly I guess, but with mercenaries that specialize in space dog-fights.

But Star Fox was founded upon non-stop on-rail spaceship battles. No Star Fox game has been without them, besides Star Fox 2.



Some days I just blow up.

HomokHarcos said:
I started playing The Twin Snakes on the GameCube, and like the PS1 version better so far. I actually prefer the PS1 graphics.

Same, I actually have a soft spot for that era of 3D graphics, a lot of people say that they have aged much worse than any other generation but I can't agree. Perhaps the texture warping on PS1 is a bit odd but then again so were disappearing sprites and all the glitchiness with 8 bit systems. The graphics themselves are fine, to me at least. 



Thechalkblock said:
anyone remember james pond?

I remember James Pond but never played it. It was one of those Mega Drive games that I really wanted though, I'll have to try it.