Quantcast
PQube cancels Omega Labyrinth Z western release on PS due to disagreement with Sony over sexual content

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PQube cancels Omega Labyrinth Z western release on PS due to disagreement with Sony over sexual content

irstupid said:
Nem said:
Silly to me. Just slap an 18+ rating. Adults get to decide wether they want it or not.

I don't care for such games, but it's sugestion, not the real thing. It's not porn. But whatever, i don't really care.

 Jim Ryan, head of global sales and marketing for PlayStation says “We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe,” says Ryan. “Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it’s something we have to think about very carefully.”

Clearly you are not thinking of the children.

Funny, that the quote above is in regards to crossplay, when it works so much better for this current game.

 

But, having games where people kill each other, use violence against each other and depict explicit gore are ok. Why do people treat sex like it's a bad thing? It's so irrational. Sony likes to think they are Nintendo sometimes.

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
Xxain said:
I am not surprised. It was getting banned everywhere. I saw some of "content" from this game and ... wow, they took it to the extreme. Go look at that crystal rod thing.

Everywhere? The US and deep religious muslim countries are basically the ones that have problems with that. That seems pretty OK (while cheap) for european standards, I suspect a age 16-rating or so (18 is the highest).

 

Stuart23 said:
Cross play block,censorship...what is up with Sony in 2018 doing stuff Nintendo would do in 2012?

I thought the same thing. Strange.

 

xl-klaudkil said:
Boobs are bad, violence and mass shootings arr okr

That's the american way of life.

 



It isn't just Sonys fault you're not getting this game.

The rating boards for the united kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand have all banned the game.

The issue isn't just "boobs" so all of the "we can kill people but not allowed cleavage?" Posts in here are meaningless. The issue that is taken with this game is sexualisation of underage characters.

Here's what the rating board in the UK said in there statement for why the game is banned.

"he game is explicit in its setting within a “school” environment and the majority of the characters are young girls – one child is referred to as being a “first year” student and is seen holding a teddy bear. The game clearly promotes the sexualisation of children via the sexual interaction between the game player and the female characters. "



Predictions (Made July 2019)

LTD: PS4 - 130m, Switch - 110m, XBO - 52m       2019 : PS4 - 15m, Switch - 18.8m, XBO - 4.8m        2020: Switch - 22m (Peak Year)


Valdath said:
Mnementh said:

Everywhere? The US and deep religious muslim countries are basically the ones that have problems with that. That seems pretty OK (while cheap) for european standards, I suspect a age 16-rating or so (18 is the highest).

 

I thought the same thing. Strange.

 

That's the american way of life.

 

Hehehe, good example. But I think most of it is premature censoring on the side of the publisher. The only thing really is not cool, is nazi crosses (did stick of truth had them, i don't know?). Fractured but Whole is uncesored in europe.



Greatest game event 2019: SIGN UP NOW!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Barkley said:

It isn't just Sonys fault you're not getting this game.

The rating boards for the united kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand have all banned the game.

The issue isn't just "boobs" so all of the "we can kill people but not allowed cleavage?" Posts in here are meaningless. The issue that is taken with this game is sexualisation of underage characters.

Here's what the rating board in the UK said in there statement for why the game is banned.

"he game is explicit in its setting within a “school” environment and the majority of the characters are young girls – one child is referred to as being a “first year” student and is seen holding a teddy bear. The game clearly promotes the sexualisation of children via the sexual interaction between the game player and the female characters. "

Ah, so that's that. Well, this could certainly be a problem, even the hint of underage porn is taken very seriously. Wasn't aware this could be a problem.

On an unrelated side-note: it bothers me how people cannot watch football WM in silence and instead have to scream about everything. I hope this dreadful WM is over fast.



Greatest game event 2019: SIGN UP NOW!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Around the Network
Nem said:
irstupid said:

 Jim Ryan, head of global sales and marketing for PlayStation says “We have a contract with the people who go online with us, that we look after them and they are within the PlayStation curated universe,” says Ryan. “Exposing what in many cases are children to external influences we have no ability to manage or look after, it’s something we have to think about very carefully.”

Clearly you are not thinking of the children.

Funny, that the quote above is in regards to crossplay, when it works so much better for this current game.

 

But, having games where people kill each other, use violence against each other and depict explicit gore are ok. Why do people treat sex like it's a bad thing? It's so irrational. Sony likes to think they are Nintendo sometimes.

Hey, don't preach me about that. I've long thought U.S. is super backwards on violence versus sex.

Barkley said:

It isn't just Sonys fault you're not getting this game.

The rating boards for the united kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Australia and New Zealand have all banned the game.

The issue isn't just "boobs" so all of the "we can kill people but not allowed cleavage?" Posts in here are meaningless. The issue that is taken with this game is sexualisation of underage characters.

Here's what the rating board in the UK said in there statement for why the game is banned.

"he game is explicit in its setting within a “school” environment and the majority of the characters are young girls – one child is referred to as being a “first year” student and is seen holding a teddy bear. The game clearly promotes the sexualisation of children via the sexual interaction between the game player and the female characters. "

Nintendo fixes that all the time. They change the localization text to make the girls 18 instead of 12 or 16 or whatever they are.

I'm guessing based on the description I read in this topic, this is one of those VN type games, so static background and basically a dating sim. No reason they couldn't change the text to make everyone a senior and 18 years old.

Not saying hooking up with an 18 year old high schooler is cool for say probably the demographic of the gamers who will end up playing this, but legal anyways. I've seen enough Japan anime to know that when they sexualize a 10 year old, she looks like she is 18 minimum, 90% of the time.



Mnementh said:
Xxain said:
I am not surprised. It was getting banned everywhere. I saw some of "content" from this game and ... wow, they took it to the extreme. Go look at that crystal rod thing.

Everywhere? The US and deep religious muslim countries are basically the ones that have problems with that. That seems pretty OK (while cheap) for european standards, I suspect a age 16-rating or so (18 is the highest).

It was never a concern about being banned in the US, but the game was banned in Germany (and AUS/NZ but that was always expected).



Some of you guys are creepy. Game depicts clearly underage girls in high innuendo activities (one of them is like 10!). This isnt about a M rating, its about potential shit storm about cartoon child pornography and SONY wanting no part of that mess.

Last edited by Xxain - on 25 June 2018

ryuzaki57 said:
This is EXTREMELY worrying. What's next? Is that just just for this game or is it some new Sony policy? How do they even draw the line between what is "OK sexy" and "too sexy"? Lots of small JP publishers and devs now rely on the west to sell ecchi games so I do hope there is no chapter 2 of this.

It's not some new policy, in fact I can think of BMX XXX which had to be censored on the PS2 all the way back in 2002, I think Censored Gaming even did a video on games that they forced the publisher to censor.



irstupid said:
I've seen enough Japan anime to know that when they sexualize a 10 year old, she looks like she is 18 minimum, 90% of the time.

Really hoping this is sarcasm. Otherwise I don't think you've seen hardly any anime.