Quantcast
Devil May Cry 5 Just Announced On The Xbox Stage.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Devil May Cry 5 Just Announced On The Xbox Stage.

Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

RIGHT!!!!

This could be the best thing that happens all gen for me!!!!! THANK YOU CAPCOM! Megaman 11, Devil May Cry 5, we already got Dead Rising 4, Capcom's killing it, absolutely fucking killing it! 

And tomorrow they could very well show Resident Evil 2 Remake.
If they also announce Capcom vs SNK 3, they're back to Cap-god status.

Forgot to mention Monster Hunter World, and Resident Evil 7.

And the award for best 3rd party developer this gen goes too!



Around the Network
Hiku said:
DonFerrari said:

So because you want to have Capcom pretending DmC didn't exist it also stopped being released?

Bayonetta 1 was a Multiplat and last I checked in VGC Bayo2 was sub 1M (but now it have double dips with Switch release). But if you want sure, will be even harder for DMC5 to reach the how much you will say Bayo 3 will sell?

What he's saying is that the fate of the DMC franchise was very uncertain for the past 10 years.
DMC was steadily released around every 2 years up until DMC4 where sales dropped significantly. Capcom didn't know what to do, so they decided to reboot the franchise 5 years later with DmC. That blew up in their face and so people didn't know when we'd see DMC again, or if it would turn out like Megaman/Megaman X.

Still in the last 10 years they released a collection and a reboot. Also we had entries on previous gen, so it wasn't totally unexpected to see one this gen.

bigtakilla said:
DonFerrari said:

So because you want to have Capcom pretending DmC didn't exist it also stopped being released?

Bayonetta 1 was a Multiplat and last I checked in VGC Bayo2 was sub 1M (but now it have double dips with Switch release). But if you want sure, will be even harder for DMC5 to reach the how much you will say Bayo 3 will sell?

Competition as far as how great a hack/slash game can be which sells better, but I was more thinking about how much I personally will like it, as well as critically how well will it score. Also who knows how well a game that is a sequel to a 10 year old game will do as far as sales. I personally think sales are a lock being Bayo only has the Switches audience while DMC has PC, PS4, and Xbone, but neither really fly off shelves.

As for the first sentence, who here KNEW there was gonna be a Devil May Cry 5. There was speculation, but there's speculation every year Half Life 3, Mother 3, and all sorts of crazy crap will release. This is like Mass Effect, will we ever see it again? If so it would be a pretty darn big surprise.

So you could have just been clear on your first post with "now Bayo3 will have competition for my preference", because the way you posted seemed like Bayo3 would be incontested, which from the sales and critics of GoW it isn't right.

We have had a remaster collection and a reboot last gen, so it wasn't totally unexpected to see one this gen. The time since last game is much tied to development time for this gen.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Hiku said:

What he's saying is that the fate of the DMC franchise was very uncertain for the past 10 years.
DMC was steadily released around every 2 years up until DMC4 where sales dropped significantly. Capcom didn't know what to do, so they decided to reboot the franchise 5 years later with DmC. That blew up in their face and so people didn't know when we'd see DMC again, or if it would turn out like Megaman/Megaman X.

Still in the last 10 years they released a collection and a reboot. Also we had entries on previous gen, so it wasn't totally unexpected to see one this gen.

bigtakilla said:

Competition as far as how great a hack/slash game can be which sells better, but I was more thinking about how much I personally will like it, as well as critically how well will it score. Also who knows how well a game that is a sequel to a 10 year old game will do as far as sales. I personally think sales are a lock being Bayo only has the Switches audience while DMC has PC, PS4, and Xbone, but neither really fly off shelves.

As for the first sentence, who here KNEW there was gonna be a Devil May Cry 5. There was speculation, but there's speculation every year Half Life 3, Mother 3, and all sorts of crazy crap will release. This is like Mass Effect, will we ever see it again? If so it would be a pretty darn big surprise.

So you could have just been clear on your first post with "now Bayo3 will have competition for my preference", because the way you posted seemed like Bayo3 would be incontested, which from the sales and critics of GoW it isn't right.

We have had a remaster collection and a reboot last gen, so it wasn't totally unexpected to see one this gen. The time since last game is much tied to development time for this gen.

I'm not only looking at it from my preference. How will all DMC fans react. How will it score compared to DmC and Bayo 3 (Bayo 2 was scored VERY favorably) on Metacritic. As I said, there are numerous ways we can look at competition. You are putting it into one specific term that I never mentioned, but will also be interesting to see.

As for a reboot and the hd collections, that's quite a jump to say that insured we'd see a DMC 5.



bigtakilla said:
DonFerrari said:

Still in the last 10 years they released a collection and a reboot. Also we had entries on previous gen, so it wasn't totally unexpected to see one this gen.

So you could have just been clear on your first post with "now Bayo3 will have competition for my preference", because the way you posted seemed like Bayo3 would be incontested, which from the sales and critics of GoW it isn't right.

We have had a remaster collection and a reboot last gen, so it wasn't totally unexpected to see one this gen. The time since last game is much tied to development time for this gen.

I'm not only looking at it from my preference. How will all DMC fans react. How will it score compared to DmC and Bayo 3 (Bayo 2 was scored VERY favorably) on Metacritic. As I said, there are numerous ways we can look at competition. You are putting it into one specific term that I never mentioned, but will also be interesting to see.

As for a reboot and the hd collections, that's quite a jump to say that insured we'd see a DMC 5.

So if you are talking about fan reactions, sales and critics, Bayo haven't even passed GoW to say now it'll have a competitor.

There is a very big diference between insured and your "biggest surprise", which on the middle ground says it's expected that a sequel would arise sometime.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
bigtakilla said:

I'm not only looking at it from my preference. How will all DMC fans react. How will it score compared to DmC and Bayo 3 (Bayo 2 was scored VERY favorably) on Metacritic. As I said, there are numerous ways we can look at competition. You are putting it into one specific term that I never mentioned, but will also be interesting to see.

As for a reboot and the hd collections, that's quite a jump to say that insured we'd see a DMC 5.

So if you are talking about fan reactions, sales and critics, Bayo haven't even passed GoW to say now it'll have a competitor.

There is a very big diference between insured and your "biggest surprise", which on the middle ground says it's expected that a sequel would arise sometime.

I think it's hard to say Bayo 2 wasn't the best hack and slash game in years, and the fact that Bayo 2 scored higher than all previous DMC games on Metacritic outside the original one means there's some reason to believe Bayo could pull this through, let alone Bayo 3 which could be better.

I would disagree. Tell me, will Silent Hill come out this gen too? You seem to know these things.



Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
DonFerrari said:

So if you are talking about fan reactions, sales and critics, Bayo haven't even passed GoW to say now it'll have a competitor.

There is a very big diference between insured and your "biggest surprise", which on the middle ground says it's expected that a sequel would arise sometime.

I think it's hard to say Bayo 2 wasn't the best hack and slash game in years, and the fact that Bayo 2 scored higher than all previous DMC games on Metacritic outside the original one means there's some reason to believe Bayo could pull this through, let alone Bayo 3 which could be better.

I would disagree. Tell me, will Silent Hill come out this gen too? You seem to know these things.

That is your opinion on Bayo2, sales doesn't agree much, and GoW have kept strong critics, sales and reception.

After what Konami have said and done it is very hard for SH to come this gen.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
bigtakilla said:

I think it's hard to say Bayo 2 wasn't the best hack and slash game in years, and the fact that Bayo 2 scored higher than all previous DMC games on Metacritic outside the original one means there's some reason to believe Bayo could pull this through, let alone Bayo 3 which could be better.

I would disagree. Tell me, will Silent Hill come out this gen too? You seem to know these things.

That is your opinion on Bayo2, sales doesn't agree much, and GoW have kept strong critics, sales and reception.

After what Konami have said and done it is very hard for SH to come this gen.

That would be implying sales = quality. I think reviews on both meta and opencritic from both reviewers and users paint a pretty good picture of what the people who played the game actually felt about its quality. Also, I'm discussing DMC and Bayo competition. Old Hideki Kamiya vs new. I didn't say GOW has competition did I? Heck God of War isn't even a hack and slash in this last game. 

But it's pretty assured we are going to see a new Silent Hill SOMETIME. So if they announced it in the next few days, no surprise at all right?



Not really feeling this new DMC5, in the meantime I should pick up the HD remaster and go from there.



LiquorandGunFun said:
well the hair is white again. enjoy it folks.

Are you really being salty right now?



My true form. You like it?

Hmmm let's see how this goes. I liked DMC 4, bought Bayonetta on ps3 and regretted my purchase plus the OST was awful imo, rented DmC and forgot the game existed after a few weeks. This could bring me back to this style of games but I'll wait and see.



Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]