Quantcast
2018 FIFA World Cup - Vive la France!

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2018 FIFA World Cup - Vive la France!

Player of the Tournament?

Denis Cheryshev (Russia) 0 0.00%
 
Thibaut Courtois (Belgium) 2 11.76%
 
Diego Godin (Uruguay) 1 5.88%
 
Eden Hazard (Belgium) 0 0.00%
 
Harry Kane (England) 0 0.00%
 
Kylian Mbappe (France) 5 29.41%
 
Luka Modric (Croatia) 8 47.06%
 
Ivan Perisic (Croatia) 0 0.00%
 
Raphael Varane (France) 1 5.88%
 
Other 0 0.00%
 
Total:17

Tournament winner: Germany
Golden Boot winner: Cristiano Ronaldo
Group A: Uruguay, Russia
Group B: Spain, Portugal
Group C: France, Denmark
Group D: Argentina, Croatia
Group E: Brazil, Costa Rica
Group F: Germany, Sweden
Group G: England, Belgium
Group H: Senegal, Colombia



Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Ka-pi96 said:

hmm, those predictions seem strangely familiar

I read the rules, there doesn't seem to be a clause that forbids these

Nope, there's no rules against sharing predictions with anybody, nor should there be.

Just thought it was quite funny. Of course, if I get everything embarrassingly wrong, then now so will you

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 01 June 2018

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

I'll not make my prediction yet but I do think it will be a Portugal vs Argentina quarter final and the outcome will decide if Messi or Ronaldo gets the balon d'or for the 6th time.

Going to see 5 matches in the following order,

Iran vs Morocco,
Germany vs Mexico
Poland vs Senegal
Portugal vs Morocco
Argentina vs Croatia

The Argentina match is the last of their group games so it will be a big match. Looking forward to seeing Messi and Ronaldo in person.

Sony are making all the right moves. They are about to increase their sales domination even more thanks to this beast.

Kerotan said:
I'll not make my prediction yet but I do think it will be a Portugal vs Argentina quarter final and the outcome will decide if Messi or Ronaldo gets the balon d'or for the 6th time.

Going to see 5 matches in the following order,

Iran vs Morocco,
Germany vs Mexico
Poland vs Senegal
Portugal vs Morocco
Argentina vs Croatia

The Argentina match is the last of their group games so it will be a big match. Looking forward to seeing Messi and Ronaldo in person.

Unless Salah wins the World Cup for Egypt...

You've got some good matches lined up there though, hope you enjoy them all!



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

The scoring system is quite top-heavy and it has a hole in the knockout stage. I would have gone with something like 10 points each for correct round of 16 teams (160 points), quarter finalists (80 points), semifinalists (40), finalists (20) and World Cup winner (10), plus 5 points for the Third Place. What bothers me is that your scoring system has no points from quarter finals until final while the World Cup winner is assigned with lots of points. This makes the outcome of the contest very dependent on predicting the World Cup winner correctly while doing well in other categories doesn't matter all that much. My suggested system would award 50 points for the World Cup winner due to stacking of points throughout the knockout stage (5x10) while getting quarterfinalists and semifinalists right would also mean something.

How many points you want to hand out for each prediction is up to you, but quarter finals to participants in the final should be worth something. The rest of the rules is very coherent and comprehensive, but the scoring system isn't. I wouldn't assign increasing point rewards throughout the tournament, because keeping the same 10 points for each round already creates a stacking effect.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

No predictions for anything should be allowed by the time the first game starts. (Just a second round after the first stage is over)
Also you should account points for guessing the order of the group winners as well.

Winner: Brazil
Golden Boot: Neymar
Group A: 1. Uruguay, 2. Russia
Group B: 1. Spain, 2. Portugal
Group C: 1. France, 2. Denmark
Group D: 1. Argentina, 2. Croatia
Group E: 1. Brazil, 2. Switzerland
Group F: 1. Germany, 2. Mexico
Group G: 1. Belgium, 2. England
Group H: 1. Colombia, 2. Japan



BraLoD said:
No predictions for anything should be allowed by the time thw first game starts.
Also you ahould account points for guessing the order of the group winners as well.

Winner: Brazil
Golden Boot: Neymar
Group A: 1. Uruguay, 2. Russia
Group B: 1. Spain, 2. Portugal
Group C: 1. France, 2. Denmark
Group D: 1. Argentina, 2. Croatia
Group E: 1. Brazil, 2. Switzerland
Group F: 1. Germany, 2. Mexico
Group G: 1. Belgium, 2. England
Group H: 1. Colombia, 2. Japan

I would be surprised if Japan advanced. I think this is the weakest Japanese team in a while.



HomokHarcos said:
BraLoD said:
No predictions for anything should be allowed by the time thw first game starts.
Also you ahould account points for guessing the order of the group winners as well.

Winner: Brazil
Golden Boot: Neymar
Group A: 1. Uruguay, 2. Russia
Group B: 1. Spain, 2. Portugal
Group C: 1. France, 2. Denmark
Group D: 1. Argentina, 2. Croatia
Group E: 1. Brazil, 2. Switzerland
Group F: 1. Germany, 2. Mexico
Group G: 1. Belgium, 2. England
Group H: 1. Colombia, 2. Japan

I would be surprised if Japan advanced. I think this is the weakest Japanese team in a while.

Don't doubt animeland!



Who voted England to win?... what's wrong with you?

I'll get my votes in later my good man.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Who voted England to win?... what's wrong with you?

I'll get my votes in later my good man.

I picked England to win their group, but don't know who picked them to win the Wirkd Cup.