Quantcast
Sony acquires stakes in EMI Music Publishing for $1.9 billion deal

Forums - Music Discussion - Sony acquires stakes in EMI Music Publishing for $1.9 billion deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/21/sony-to-buy-emi-music-publishing-from-abu-dhabis-mubadala.html

 

They could have atleast saved $30M for The Legend of Dragoon remake with that money. smh Sony.😑



If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

Around the Network
Sony has money? :O

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

This isnt a smart thing for them to do. Their music division is one of their only proifitable business (Next to obviously their gaming division and now their Movie division seems to be doing better with Jumanji and Homecoming) but this is a big investment for a company that was in trouble just a few years ago. hope they know what they´re doing.

Mcube said:
This isnt a smart thing for them to do. Their music division is one of their only proifitable business (Next to obviously their gaming division and now their Movie division seems to be doing better with Jumanji and Homecoming) but this is a big investment for a company that was in trouble just a few years ago. hope they know what they´re doing.

No its a smart thing for them to do, its not like buying a TV company or computer company, i.e where profits can change significantly because of outside influences. Sony is buying digital content effectively. In the age of streaming etc, content is king. I just wish they would buy some movie companies and provide a single PS+ platform that had games, movies and music all included (the true Netflix of streaming).



Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Madword said:
Mcube said:
This isnt a smart thing for them to do. Their music division is one of their only proifitable business (Next to obviously their gaming division and now their Movie division seems to be doing better with Jumanji and Homecoming) but this is a big investment for a company that was in trouble just a few years ago. hope they know what they´re doing.

No its a smart thing for them to do, its not like buying a TV company or computer company, i.e where profits can change significantly because of outside influences. Sony is buying digital content effectively. In the age of streaming etc, content is king. I just wish they would buy some movie companies and provide a single PS+ platform that had games, movies and music all included (the true Netflix of streaming).

That´d be a great idea actually combining all their entertainment divisions in one subscription for their movies, music and PSNOW and stuff. Still not sure about this deal. It seems like alot of money to spend I dont know how profitable the EMI label was alone so maybe I shouldnt judge I just wasnt expecting them to expand their music division of all things. 



Around the Network
1.9B to make a new LoD would be awesome.

Who listens to music nowadays anyway.

vivster said:
Who listens to music nowadays anyway.

Correction: Who pays for music nowadays. 



Mcube said:
vivster said:
Who listens to music nowadays anyway.

Correction: Who pays for music nowadays. 

Spotify alone has over 70+ million (paying) subscribers. Apple Music has around 40 million.



Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Mcube said:

Correction: Who pays for music nowadays. 

Spotify alone has over 70+ million (paying) subscribers. Apple Music has around 40 million.

You can pay for music now? Damn, modern technology makes everything possible.