Okay. Lets go through this:
YOUR QUALIFYING STATEMENT: Why offer one? When people offer qualifying statements like, for example, "I'm not a sexist, but..." it's a guaranteed fact that the next phrase will be a sexist one. Why posture as though you care about anyone but yourself when clearly you don't?
Now on to your "points".
1. TALENT. I find it remarkable that all women are talentless in your mind by virtue of being female. But I'm not surprised that that's how you view the world.
2. "BENDING STORYLINES". I wonder if it has ever occurred to you that female human beings, including those of us who are gay, consume media too and sometimes like to actually see stories that we can directly relate too on various levels as well rather than always being expected to view the world through your eyes?
- I have some unhappy news for you: 1 YOU, as a straight, presumably white, male belong to the most overrepresented demographic in all artistic mediums. Just to casually throw out a couple of factoids that come to mind off the top of my head, two out of every three Hollywood actors are male and you most likely can't even name one female movie director (and if you can, it's Patty Jenkins because of last year's Wonder Woman movie, which you were probably against the production of too). Similarly, in video games...well frankly, just try thinking of a single game you've ever heard of before that was created by a team consisting either mostly or entirely of women. It's not very easy, is it? 1 And what percentage would you say use female-only leads, because I've been gaming for more than 30 years now and I'd say it's consistently been less than 10% of the total that whole time. I could go on down the list of mediums this way -- TV, music, literature, etc. etc. -- but the point is the same: women, and especially those who are gay and/or not white , are dramatically underrepresented and usually presented as stereotypes in as far as they represented at all. You will say that this overrepresentation of men who are white and straight just reflects consumption habits. I will ask you which came first: the proverbial chicken or the egg. You just don't want those traditional consumption patterns to be made at risk of changing is all.
I point all this out to highlight how selfish and entitled you're being. You use expressions like "diversity" and "bending storylines" to describe representation for anyone belonging to any group but your own. 2 You seem to believe that you are the default sex/race/orientation and that the rest of us are unnatural aberrations undeserving of having our stories told at all.
3 I mean how many games can you actually think of that include gay romance arcs, for example, because very few are coming to my mind. There weren't any that I can even recall around when I was in my teen years, discovering that I was lesbian. Did you know that that level of cultural annihilation can be hurtful and cause one to feel very, very lonely and freakish? But methinks that actually maybe that's how you hope that people like me feel because you don't even think of us as fully human.
4. Why aren't you bothered by the far larger number of movies/games/shows/whatever that use all-male casts of lead characters? Why just when it's girls or women?
So you found the way that men are represented in the latest Ghostbusters movie insulting? Congratulations: now you understand how I felt about the way women were represented in the originals! In other words, get over it.
3. STEREOTYPES. I agree with this sentiment technically, but, given the rest of your commentary on the evils of "diversity", can't help but feel that there is a selfish ulterior motive in the back of you mind.
1 Lets see on my PS4 Horizon, Uncharted LL, 2 Tom Raider Games, Fallout 4, Dishonered 2, Bloodborne, Dragon Age (female dwarf) Nier Automata, Until Dawn (alright not only but still), Dark Souls 3, Infamous first light. So around 40% of my games I played as a woman.
2. I am pretty sure White Males also buy the most games by far, so it's only logical for companies to cater to 75% of their audience. That doesn't make them sexist or racist, just capitalist. Besides there are plenty of games with a female lead or quite a few meaningful important woman characters to begin with. Given the choice I usually play as a female. Athough I don't give the slightest crap that the the new GOW doesn't include memorable non white characters.
How many people who enjoy enjoy AAA games are gay probably 3% at best. It's very simple companies make games for their audiences not the world, but people who buy and play their games. If games with other races and sexualities sell much better than games only featuring white males they would have made them a long time ago.
3 From the ones I played, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, The last of Us, Borderlands, Fable, Fallout,Skyrim/ or Dragons dogma you can Mary the same sex. Here is a list with LBQT VG Characters.
4 Because most of the games I play usually involve me murdering a shit ton of people. And for some reason I find it more believable that I have a bunch of steroid, testosterone males kill everything they see than a squad of female characters.
As for ghost busters the movie sucked when it was made and sequel ducks too. Also why are you trying to find equality in a comedy. That's like trying to did a good black and Asian representation in Rush Hour.