Quantcast
God of War sells 3.1m Copies in 3 Days, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive.

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War sells 3.1m Copies in 3 Days, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive.

taus90 said:

I know that GT is sold a lot, but I forgot to add the first week for a PS exclusive!

I believe some GT have had very good FW... but since you are meaning just FW and exclusive I wouldn't know without doing research if any had a bigger FW... I guess none have done it, since I believe more and more people are buying day one.

I Don't know much about the era of PS2 and PS1.. also majority of exclusive title on them would be new ip so i cant recollect if any exclusive game had this kind of sales, again GT being the exception. Also the media coverage on games through magazine and once a month so, it will be hard to stats. But Since PS3 I have been following a PS exclusives a lot, besides GT5, MGS4 and uncharted 3 i dont remember any other game open this big, uncharted had big number where sony announced they shipped 3.8 copies on launch day! but those were shipped number.. MGS4 was around 2m in its first week, I dont have the data for GT5, but i wont be suprised if its up there with Gt5 in its first week



Around the Network
taus90 said:

I believe some GT have had very good FW... but since you are meaning just FW and exclusive I wouldn't know without doing research if any had a bigger FW... I guess none have done it, since I believe more and more people are buying day one.

I Don't know much about the era of PS2 and PS1.. also majority of exclusive title on them would be new ip so i cant recollect if any exclusive game had this kind of sales, again GT being the exception. Also the media coverage on games through magazine and once a month so, it will be hard to stats. But Since PS3 I have been following a PS exclusives a lot, besides GT5, MGS4 and uncharted 3 i dont remember any other game open this big, uncharted had big number where sony announced they shipped 3.8 copies on launch day! but those were shipped number.. MGS4 was around 2m in its first week, I dont have the data for GT5, but i wont be suprised if its up there with Gt5 in its first week

The only exclusive I could think that would be higher than GoW4 would be GTA in PS2. But probably you would be right to guess that GoW3 have the highest FW for any exclusive on PS.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/april-charts-god-of-war-takes-no-1-nintendo-labo-has-slow-start

"As a comparison, sales for Sony Santa Monica’s title nearly reached in eight days what Horizon Zero Dawn or Monster Hunter World sold in one month in the UK. "

lol.



Number of days to reach 50M from 40M : 198 days
Number of days to reach 60M from 50M : 187 days
Number of days to reach 70M from 60M : 175 days
Number of days to reach 80M from 70M : 227 days

Necro-bump this 2020: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=229249

JRPGfan said:

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/april-charts-god-of-war-takes-no-1-nintendo-labo-has-slow-start

"As a comparison, sales for Sony Santa Monica’s title nearly reached in eight days what Horizon Zero Dawn or Monster Hunter World sold in one month in the UK. 

thats really impressive, thanks for this news!



Death Stranding-Release: November 8!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMaxrryH0es

JRPGfan said:

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/april-charts-god-of-war-takes-no-1-nintendo-labo-has-slow-start

"As a comparison, sales for Sony Santa Monica’s title nearly reached in eight days what Horizon Zero Dawn or Monster Hunter World sold in one month in the UK. "

lol.

Wow! This must include digital? Bc the data previously for the UK  showed that GoW was actually behind HZD. 

Also, are they referring to MHW just for ps4, or all SKUs? That  would be crazy if it’s both ps4 and XBO.

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 04 May 2018

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/april-charts-god-of-war-takes-no-1-nintendo-labo-has-slow-start

"As a comparison, sales for Sony Santa Monica’s title nearly reached in eight days what Horizon Zero Dawn or Monster Hunter World sold in one month in the UK. "

lol.

Well MH isn't as big in the U.K. as it is in Japan, so not that surprising. 



Bofferbrauer2 said:
Nem said:
I just love how Sony and Nintendo are showing those greedy third parties how it's done.

No more Single player games? Says who?
No more linear story driven games? Who said that?

That is all the BS that the third party threw our way getting thrown right back at them.

People want SP games. People want story driven games. People want hack and slash games. People want platformers.

Open world BS doesn't have to be the only genre.

It's AAA Publishers, what do you expect? They jump on every bandwagon that seems popular right now, ditching everything else along the way.

Just like they are all jumping on the Battle Royale Bandwagon right now.

LethalP said:

Based on Horizon's sales (7.6 million in 1 year), I don't see how 7-8 million is the upper limit you see for this title.

Horizon had much better legs than any GoW that came out, basically on par with the leggiest Nintendo titles. You can't expect GoW to be as leggy when compared to the previous releases in the series.

GOW will have better legs, don't compare GOW with previous games it's obvious the series has gone in a new direction which has a much wider appeal.     



PEEPer0nni said:
BraLoD said:

Spidey never had a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE&t=3s

Look at those views man, without any ad.

Spider man is a very popular movies character specially nowdays and you can be sure A LOT of people that crossed this video won't ever be getting close to a PS4 to begin with.

Anyway, Spider Man will be luck to break past 5M sales on PS4, I don't know what are you guys expecting, but even if it does, GoW hype was a monster, it's beating Uncharted 4, and the thing sold 9M in 9 months.



BraLoD said:
PEEPer0nni said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4zm30yeHHE&t=3s

Look at those views man, without any ad.

Spider man is a very popular movies character specially nowdays and you can be sure A LOT of people that crossed this video won't ever be getting close to a PS4 to begin with.

Anyway, Spider Man will be luck to break past 5M sales on PS4, I don't know what are you guys expecting, but even if it does, GoW hype was a monster, it's beating Uncharted 4, and the thing sold 9M in 9 months.

I'm absolutely sure that you're going to be surprised by its performance.

2018 is the year of Marvel. There's a reason why Sony choose SP to have a season pass and not GoW. They're expecting some incredible legs this holiday season. 



IkePoR said:
LethalP said:

Based on Horizon's sales (7.6 million in 1 year), I don't see how 7-8 million is the upper limit you see for this title.

I'm going based on the past series sales.  I think I read GoW 3 is about at 8m.  Also, Uncharted and TLoU float around that number too, though Uncharted 4 was heavily bundled.

And you be careful comparing this game to others.  Doesn't go over well here.

GoW 3 was like 5.5 million. This new one has probably already sold well over 4 million in 2 weeks. We're talking a different class of sales all together. The notion that it won't completely blow the doors off of Horizons sales is just stupid. Assuming GoW 4's legs based on past titles would be like assuming it's first week based on past titles. PS4 is a different beast to the PS3, it sells software far more rapidly.