Quantcast
Hellblade devs surprised by it's PC sales, despite developing it primarily as a Playstation 4 title

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hellblade devs surprised by it's PC sales, despite developing it primarily as a Playstation 4 title

That's not how it works. Competition from other games is a real thing on the PS4.



Around the Network

Nice job. It wasn't supposed to sell as well as it did in the first place. So I can imagine the sales are pretty impressive for a team of less than twenty people. Ninja Theory have broken the back of this; they will do more games and more studios will follow suit with this. The only issue I have is the length of the development time, games like this are incredible, but faster time to develop is necessary to keep them relevant.



CrazyGamer2017 said:

There is nothing personal here, I can promise you that if someone else tries to glorify one form of gaming over another I would call them out just the same. The fact you feel personally attacked about this is just your defensive reaction. Let me remind you that in my first post here I was replying to you about the fact that I'm not surprised that is sells well on PC. I explained that it's a good game and therefore it selling well on PC seems natural to me considering the install base on PC being huge. One could even say I'm paying a compliment to those who game on PC. The fact it sells well on PC too demonstrates that PC gamers have good tastes when it comes to gaming.

But then you couldn't help yourself and YOU had to make it personal by throwing an ACCUSATION and I quote "I know you're trying to put down this kind of news"

So if anyone is trying to make this personal it is you. Me I'm only giving my opinion on the success of this game on PC. But since personal bickering is your tactic of choice then I'm simply reminding you that the only one here that has a superiority complex to the point of having a signature that screams "Master Race" is you, not me. I don't need a signature that says how console gaming is superior because I don't believe that one way of gaming is superior to ANY other. Everyone games the way he/she prefers and diversity is fine in my opinion.

And playing with a controller is my favorite way of playing. I agree that there is nothing special about it. It's just more natural as controllers were made to game. But I can understand that you may prefer playing with a mouse and keyboard, that's totally fine and it has its advantages, AGAIN I don't have a problem with that.

So about this game being released on PC, I say good. I understand the logic of games being exclusives to one system but ultimately I think it's sad that not everybody can enjoy one specific game just cause they are not on the right system. For example I would love to play Cuphead on my PS4 but I know that it's not possible. So enjoy Hellblade on your PC, it's a great game and now you have the chance to play it with full keyboard and mouse support.

Nice try, but you brought up "glorified" and my signature in a thread that had nothing at all to do with the thread topic. You took that out yourself, not me.

My sig and me posting the devs news on their PC are not related.

You may think it's natural all you want, but that didn't stop the devs from acting surprised in the first place. What is natural to you, is a surprise to someone else. 

"One could even say I'm paying a compliment to those who game on PC"

no, not really. It's "natural" according to you for such a high install base, it it doesn't really come off as a form of compliment. Everyone has their different tastes as well, so it stays within the realm of subjectivity when it comes to personal tastes.

 

Yes I did, because you brought it up as being nothing to note on, but then of course you had to go and add in "glorifying PC" and then tossing my sig into the topic, both of which had no place within the discussion to begin with. I find it funny how I cannot post any form of PC news, be it sales or something else without it counting as "glorifying".

You also once again seem to completely forget where that sig even came from, but I'm not going to waste more time trying to explain the origins of an old internet meme that you take very, very seriously. 

K+M was made natural to game on PC for decades, hell even the input is the very foundation for which our games are designed with.



                                       

Lawlight said:
That's not how it works. Competition from other games is a real thing on the PS4.

What does that have to do with the sales on PC for this game?.



                                       

CuCabeludo said:
It's not normal a game made for console to sell so well on pc, usually primary console games what goes late to pc receive a poor to terrible port.

What?. Can you write that again more clearly?.



                                       

Around the Network
Chazore said:

Nice try, but you brought up "glorified" and my signature in a thread that had nothing at all to do with the thread topic. You took that out yourself, not me.

Yes... AFTER you started your personal attack on judging my intentions to "put down this news" When all I did was give an opinion on this news.

Your personal attack on me is symptomatic of a glorified view of PC gaming and when I demonstrated that no system is actually better than another you couldn't stand that I don't simply cave in and submit to your so called master race so that's when you lashed out and continued this personal crusade.

If you hadn't tried to make it personal I wouldn't have called you out on your glorified PC philosophy as my first post CLEARLY talks about the topic of this news and my opinion on this gaming being on PC. But you did make it personal so I'm calling you out on it and now you are complaining that I brought down your biased superiority complex?

My advice is come down from your elite master race pedestal, learn to take compliments when you're given some and realize that not everyone is going to agree with your elitist beliefs. I told you I wish I could play Cuphead on my PS4 but I can't. You on the other hand can play Hellblade on your PC, it's a great game so stop bickering and go enjoy it. It's a great game you should be playing instead of trying to confront me over the issue of PC being so superior to everything else cause it simply is not and you will never find relevant arguments to make that point, especially with me



.

No more bullying from mods with their abusive bans against me.

Chazore said:
Lawlight said:
That's not how it works. Competition from other games is a real thing on the PS4.

What does that have to do with the sales on PC for this game?.

Oh, this topic is only about PC sales? Because the title says otherwise.



CrazyGamer2017 said:
Chazore said:

Nice try, but you brought up "glorified" and my signature in a thread that had nothing at all to do with the thread topic. You took that out yourself, not me.

Yes... AFTER you started your personal attack on judging my intentions to "put down this news" When all I did was give an opinion on this news.

Your personal attack on me is symptomatic of a glorified view of PC gaming and when I demonstrated that no system is actually better than another you couldn't stand that I don't simply cave in and submit to your so called master race so that's when you lashed out and continued this personal crusade.

If you hadn't tried to make it personal I wouldn't have called you out on your glorified PC philosophy as my first post CLEARLY talks about the topic of this news and my opinion on this gaming being on PC. But you did make it personal so I'm calling you out on it and now you are complaining that I brought down your biased superiority complex?

My advice is come down from your elite master race pedestal, learn to take compliments when you're given some and realize that not everyone is going to agree with your elitist beliefs. I told you I wish I could play Cuphead on my PS4 but I can't. You on the other hand can play Hellblade on your PC, it's a great game so stop bickering and go enjoy it. It's a great game you should be playing instead of trying to confront me over the issue of PC being so superior to everything else cause it simply is not and you will never find relevant arguments to make that point, especially with me

I only mentioned you putting it down based on you thinking it wasn't "special", which it was to the devs. Then you started bringing out me somehow "glorifying" PC gaming and tossed my sig into the ring along with it. Neither of which again had nothing to do with the topic, so yes, that can be summed up as a personal jab, because you know that 1) I'm into PC gaming and 2) you aren't so it only comes down to one possible outcome, one that ended up being played out before.

I like how you decide to turn around and cite my quote as a personal attack to you, so you can continue to bring out the same slag.

 

None of this would have been made personal, had you not decided to go off the rails and drag me posting news on the PC side of things, with my sig being thrown in.

The fact of the matter is, is that you thought it was nothing special (which also shows your addition to the topic as being equally nothing special to note of, as you're just amounting it to "who cares?"), yet the devs thought it was. You cannot force things from their perspective, nor can you do the same towards any other dev that is surprised by sales on another system compared to others (the devs behind Shovel Knight expressed surprise and people congratulated them for it).

 

@bolded: See now you are getting downright sarcastic and insulting. It's like you allowed yourself to gain footing on being able to slag someone off with zero consequences, which doesn't at all surprise me, considering this is how you acted exactly the same with me the last time we spoke. You went on and on about PCMR throughout the entire conversation until a mod intervened.

I don't need to come down from anywhere. I'm quite comfortable sitting in my chair where I am thank you very much. Your compliments aren't really compliments, especially since you summed up the entire thread and general news as nothing special, how on earth is that supposed to even count as a "compliment"?.

I am able to enjoy playing games, while at the same time responding to threads. I'm not mentally or physically tied to just one over the other (especially since at this very moment, I'm playing Frostpunk, which just released the other day on Steam).

"And you will never find arguments to make that point".

Except other people on this site already have for years



                                       

Lawlight said:

Oh, this topic is only about PC sales? Because the title says otherwise.

If you read the blurb, you'd see that the devs were talking about their PC sales. The game also happened to also be on PS4 as well.

Their talk of the sales split has nothing to do with PS4's library or supposed competition.