Quantcast
God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

VGPolyglot said:
pitzy272 said:

Yeah, after his last response to me, I just gave up. He just wants to argue, for some reason, but his arguments are odd and often nonsensical.  I’ve seen him pick arguments with others as well. 

I'd say my argument is pretty sound:

Enjoyment of video games is subjective. As a result, there will inevitably be variations between review scores among different critics. That's where Metacritic comes into play. It rounds up reviews from around the web to see what the overall average is. Eliminating low scores because they deviate from the average destroys the whole purpose of trying to find an average in the first place.

Yeah, but a crazy person doesn't know they're crazy; if they did, they wouldn't be crazy. 



Around the Network
GhetooBillGates said:
DigitalSpy 80 review up Meta Dropped from 94.50 to 94.36
down 2 spots 52 now on all time.

Where did you get the exact % from? You cant just do simple math unless you know the exact weights (unless there is a way the site shows it that I don't know of). 



psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Alara317 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd say my argument is pretty sound:

Enjoyment of video games is subjective. As a result, there will inevitably be variations between review scores among different critics. That's where Metacritic comes into play. It rounds up reviews from around the web to see what the overall average is. Eliminating low scores because they deviate from the average destroys the whole purpose of trying to find an average in the first place.

Yeah, but a crazy person doesn't know they're crazy; if they did, they wouldn't be crazy. 

Hmm, for schizophrenia it's about half who know, and for bipolar disorder it's around 60% of people who know, so a lot of people actually do know when they're suffering from a condition:

http://www.schizophrenic.com/articles/schizophrenia/do-schizophrenics-know-they-are-schizophrenic



tokilamockingbrd said:
GhetooBillGates said:
DigitalSpy 80 review up Meta Dropped from 94.50 to 94.36
down 2 spots 52 now on all time.

Where did you get the exact % from? You cant just do simple math unless you know the exact weights (unless there is a way the site shows it that I don't know of). 

Its just the regular math, I mean 1 could potentially figure out the scales by comparing multiple games and determining weight but that would be way to time consuming.  

100 Meta.  –32     3200

 

99   Meta   --1        99

 

98   Meta   --4       392

 

97   Meta   --3        291

 

96   Meta   --2        192

 

95   Meta   --11      1045

 

94   Meta    --1        94

 

93  Meta     --3       279

 

92  Meta     --4       368

 

90 Meta      --24    2,160

 

85 meta      -- 2     170

 

80 Meta     -- 6      480

 

 

  



CGI-Quality said:

I just think people put too much emphasis on it. It’s a score, and high one at that. Makes no difference if it’s a 94 or 95. Not trying to be mean, but folks take it too seriously.

I have to compliment you for finding a clever way to call people "vermin".



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

ya that's what I figured. I know places like IGN get far more weight than a digital spy (who probably has more weight than a lot of other places) so while the 80 is not helpful, it is not as bad as getting an 80 from IGN, Polygon or any other widely read gaming mag/site.



psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

I just think people put too much emphasis on it. It’s a score, and high one at that. Makes no difference if it’s a 94 or 95. Not trying to be mean, but folks take it too seriously.

I have to compliment you for finding a clever way to call people "vermin".

The part you quoted used to say "bug folks", but now it says "but folks"?



Just walked 3 miles to ASDA to pick it up and was told they didn't have it in. I insisted it would be in because it's a huge title. One phone call to the games department later, no GOW. Came home and searched for ASDA Grimsby (my home town) and there is a copy of GOW. They just don't know what the hell they're doing. How can anyone be running a gaming department and not know if GOW is releasing?



 

The PS5 Exists. 


CGI-Quality said:
I know what you meant and I still think it’s utterly ridiculous. 94. 95. Why does it matter so much?

Does it matte that much? of course not, but i'm loving the way this game looks, and it would be nice if it ended up keeping a 95 on metacritic.



quickrick said:
CGI-Quality said:
I know what you meant and I still think it’s utterly ridiculous. 94. 95. Why does it matter so much?

Does it matte that much? of course not, but i'm loving the way this game looks, and it would be nice if it ended up keeping a 95 on metacritic.

Well, I can work with that.