Quantcast
God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:
Today it got ir's 40th perfect score which puts it as the game with the most perfect scores on the PS4 and the second on Playstation history.
Good ol' Kratos.

What is this God of War you are talking about? It doesn't have MP, everyone already forgot about it.

If you pay attention I have not even written God of War there.

Doesn't deserve to be talked about, needs microtransactions to be relevant.



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

What is this God of War you are talking about? It doesn't have MP, everyone already forgot about it.

If you pay attention I have not even written God of War there.

Doesn't deserve to be talked about, needs microtransactions to be relevant.

Where would you put micro-transactions on LoD to improve it?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

If you pay attention I have not even written God of War there.

Doesn't deserve to be talked about, needs microtransactions to be relevant.

Where would you put micro-transactions on LoD to improve it?

I can't even joke about it, sorry



Another perfect score added on Metacritic a few days ago, now at 41 in total. Nice!



JustThatGamer said:
Another perfect score added on Metacritic a few days ago, now at 41 in total. Nice!

the one from CD-Action ?

"Cory Barlog and his team achieved what many thought impossible – despite having changed almost everything Santa Monica managed to preserve that elusive spark that makes God of War game feel like a God of War game. They created one of the defining titles of the current generation and a technical marvel whose stunning beauty in motion words cannot describe. And there’s one more thing. Barlog’s touching reaction to his masterpiece’s scores shows that even in the world of huge budgets, micropayments, loot boxes and sales forecasts there still is a place for artists who pour their hearts into their work. We need someone to remind us of that once in a while."

^ this.

I dont want gameing to end up like the movie industry, where its just chase the safe money.
And where its mostly about how easy & profitable you can make movies, and no longer about the atristy in it.



Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
JustThatGamer said:
Another perfect score added on Metacritic a few days ago, now at 41 in total. Nice!

the one from CD-Action ?

"Cory Barlog and his team achieved what many thought impossible – despite having changed almost everything Santa Monica managed to preserve that elusive spark that makes God of War game feel like a God of War game. They created one of the defining titles of the current generation and a technical marvel whose stunning beauty in motion words cannot describe. And there’s one more thing. Barlog’s touching reaction to his masterpiece’s scores shows that even in the world of huge budgets, micropayments, loot boxes and sales forecasts there still is a place for artists who pour their hearts into their work. We need someone to remind us of that once in a while."

^ this.

I dont want gameing to end up like the movie industry, where its just chase the safe money.
And where its mostly about how easy & profitable you can make movies, and no longer about the atristy in it.

Yeah that's the one, it's very important to shine a light on creators like Cory Barlog who clearly have a passion for their craft and not just simply playing it safe to chase the money.

In Sony Santa Monica's case they were in a terrible position after GoW: Ascension's lukewarm critical & commercial reception and a cancelled game, they could've just given us another standard GoW game which, providing its quality was inline with the trilogy, would've been successful. Instead with Barlog at the helm they took a huge risk to reinvent God of War and that passion to pursue a creative vision over playing it safe gave us the most acclaimed & bestselling game in the series, this is what the industry needs more of now more than ever.



I'm interested in playing this but I'm waiting until it gets a few price cuts 



Wonder if we'll see some dlc later this year.



TallSilhouette said:
Wonder if we'll see some dlc later this year.

Probably not. 

https://segmentnext.com/2018/04/25/no-god-of-war-dlc-planned-cory-barlog-explains-why/



TallSilhouette said:
Wonder if we'll see some dlc later this year.

I recall Barlog saying no and I hope it stays like that.