Quantcast
Bethesda discusses about Switch, Possibility of bringing Ports, Exclusives and Release Timing

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda discusses about Switch, Possibility of bringing Ports, Exclusives and Release Timing

routsounmanman said:
So nothing meaningful, and specific. Cannot blame them. Modern, state-of-the-art games like ESVI could not possibly come to the Switch.

I could see them doing an exclusive, or platform-specific game for the Switch, if Nintendo were involved in some way.

Anyways, I'd love it if they ported Fallout 4 over. Haven't played it yet, and would love to do so portably.

ESV wasn't exactly state of art, and that even less could be said for Fallout 4, so you cant relly say that ESVI will be "modern, state-of-the-art" game, and even less that could not possible come to Switch.



Around the Network

Fallout 4 is an amazing game which was hugely ambitious in all the stuff you can do and see no reason why it can't come to the Switch with a few compromises. You see PC gamers making the effort to mod it to run on low level hardware. I think 2GB memory and a gpu of about 300 gflops was achieved. It looked poor but the frame rate was 20-30. I properly optimised version designed to run on weaker hardware should be possible.

The only issue is you can spend 100s of hours on that game and never complete everything, from building settlements, doing missions, following the story or just free-roaming and taking on what you find the level of content is absolutely huge. A 20 minute go on the bus or train doesn't really do much in this game world. I suppose you can always play one of the holotape games within the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjhJJu7a5Ic

Fallout 4 works well on remote play, Bethesda even made the effort to work well with Vita and I'm sure the Switch version while downgrading the graphics could be more responsive running natively on the Switch hardware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWLUeN2WPYs



Miyamotoo said:
routsounmanman said:
So nothing meaningful, and specific. Cannot blame them. Modern, state-of-the-art games like ESVI could not possibly come to the Switch.

I could see them doing an exclusive, or platform-specific game for the Switch, if Nintendo were involved in some way.

Anyways, I'd love it if they ported Fallout 4 over. Haven't played it yet, and would love to do so portably.

ESV wasn't exactly state of art, and that even less could be said for Fallout 4, so you cant relly say that ESVI will be "modern, state-of-the-art" game, and even less that could not possible come to Switch.

In fact it was. It's not just about the visuals. The scope of the world, the AI, the underlying systems and to a degree the graphics were, in fact, pretty advanced for the time (Skyrim).

We can safely assume that ESVI will most probably will not be port-able (ha!) to the Switch.



so nothing but pr spin



 

 

routsounmanman said:
Miyamotoo said:

ESV wasn't exactly state of art, and that even less could be said for Fallout 4, so you cant relly say that ESVI will be "modern, state-of-the-art" game, and even less that could not possible come to Switch.

In fact it was. It's not just about the visuals. The scope of the world, the AI, the underlying systems and to a degree the graphics were, in fact, pretty advanced for the time (Skyrim).

We can safely assume that ESVI will most probably will not be port-able (ha!) to the Switch.

To be fair Oblivion already done that 5 years earlier than Skyrim, Skyrim was more advanced but nothing mind blowing, Fallout 4 that came out even much later in new generation was even less impresive, so its far from sure that ESVI will be modern, state of art game, and even less that couldnt run on Switch.

Every game could be ported to Switch, all comes to if some devs really wants game to be ported to Switch and how much game would be downgraded.

 

bonzobanana said: 
Fallout 4 is an amazing game which was hugely ambitious in all the stuff you can do and see no reason why it can't come to the Switch with a few compromises. You see PC gamers making the effort to mod it to run on low level hardware. I think 2GB memory and a gpu of about 300 gflops was achieved. It looked poor but the frame rate was 20-30. I properly optimised version designed to run on weaker hardware should be possible.

Fallout is using garbage engine and its poorly optimised game. Porting to Switch would definitely need much better optimisation or maybe even different engine, but it's not impossible in any case.



Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
Miyamotoo said:

ESV wasn't exactly state of art, and that even less could be said for Fallout 4, so you cant relly say that ESVI will be "modern, state-of-the-art" game, and even less that could not possible come to Switch.

In fact it was. It's not just about the visuals. The scope of the world, the AI, the underlying systems and to a degree the graphics were, in fact, pretty advanced for the time (Skyrim).

We can safely assume that ESVI will most probably will not be port-able (ha!) to the Switch.

Ok, Skyrim was sophisticated.  It was *not* state of the art.  Take it from someone who spent years as part of a modding team for Oblivion *and* Skyrim.  Skyrim had a lot of systems and some good AI, but the groundwork of it was ultimately not that big a deal.  In fact, if you want to talk about a game being state of the art relative to its day, you look at Oblivion, not Skyrim, which was, on a technical level, an insane revolution in the series with NPCs having unprecedented independent behavior, elaborate schedules, dynamic interactions.  Skyrim was much more iterative on these features.  And a lot of its new feature systems were of a kind that would not impact performance, such as the radiant quest system.  No, the bigfest refinement in Skyrim was polishing up the efficiency of the engine and improving its visual capabilities.  And replacing it's coding system with something far more intuitive.  But a large part of why Skyrim was so demanding on the certain PCs was because the game was just not that well optimized.  Hence why for PCs above a certain threshold get better or at least equal performance from the Special Edition despite improved visuals.  The engine is much more efficient.

Honestly, unless Bethesda *finally* moves on to a new engine, you will likely see ES6 as a very similar game to Fallout 4, just polished and refined on a technical level.  And I'm confident said game - if it is iterating on Fallout 4's tech like Skyrim did with Fallout 3's - could be ported.



Yeah .... How "bout some real value talk here ?



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

"We have some surprises in store," he said. "We're gonna be talking about a healthy number of new games and new projects and... look, I'm really excited. We've been working on E3 for this year since September of last year. I'm already seven, eight months into working on E3, but I really like how it's coming along. I think there's gonna be something in there for everyone regardless of what you play on or what kind of games you're into, and my biggest hope always is that we deliver on the promise of E3."

https://www.gamereactor.eu/news/646303/Bethesda+showing+healthy+number+of+new+projects+at+E3/



I do wonder how Doom performed compared to their expectations.



i'm pretty sure that fallout will make it's way to the switch eventually.

easy marketing. just put someone looking at a famous Boston landmark (USS Constitution, MIT, the airport, etc.) then, he take his switch, and you see the same building in game...