Quantcast
In progress NPD predicting tool

Forums - Sales Discussion - In progress NPD predicting tool

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JSG87 said:
That's a hella lead the Switch has going into July. What's happening with the ps4 recently?

Wish I knew, because that's just way bad. Apparently, there's a lot of trade-in bundles for the PS4 that steal positions in the Gamestop charts - but that would imply that people exchanged their PS4 en masse before to get enough stock for those bundles to take away that many sales.

Another reason could be people waiting for the PS4 Fortnite bundle, but that drop is too extreme for just that imo.

I thought the Fornite bundle was a Europe exclusive? Is there a U.S. release date as well? 



Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Wish I knew, because that's just way bad. Apparently, there's a lot of trade-in bundles for the PS4 that steal positions in the Gamestop charts - but that would imply that people exchanged their PS4 en masse before to get enough stock for those bundles to take away that many sales.

Another reason could be people waiting for the PS4 Fortnite bundle, but that drop is too extreme for just that imo.

I thought the Fornite bundle was a Europe exclusive? Is there a U.S. release date as well? 

Oh, I thought it would release worldwide. Nevermind then



quickrick said: 

ps4 will beat switch by around 100k March npd or slightly less.

The Nintendo eShop rating Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237454

List as Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aW2hXQT1TheElVS7z-F3pP-7nbqdrDqWNTxl6JoJWBY/edit?usp=sharing

JSG87 said:
That's a hella lead the Switch has going into July. What's happening with the ps4 recently?

The Time of the Switch that was foretold is here, hurry and lets go worship at the temple of Nintendo.



TheBlackNaruto said:
All these PS4 stock issues has got me feeling like Sony is clearing stock for an official price cut, new model or new bundle coming very soon. Just my thoughts on the matter.

 

JSG87 said:
That's a hella lead the Switch has going into July. What's happening with the ps4 recently?

 

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Wish I knew, because that's just way bad. Apparently, there's a lot of trade-in bundles for the PS4 that steal positions in the Gamestop charts - but that would imply that people exchanged their PS4 en masse before to get enough stock for those bundles to take away that many sales.

Another reason could be people waiting for the PS4 Fortnite bundle, but that drop is too extreme for just that imo.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cant-find-a-playstation-4-blame-it-on-a-part-barely-bigger-than-a-speck-1530282882

Maybe this?



Shaqazooloo0 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
All these PS4 stock issues has got me feeling like Sony is clearing stock for an official price cut, new model or new bundle coming very soon. Just my thoughts on the matter.

 

JSG87 said:
That's a hella lead the Switch has going into July. What's happening with the ps4 recently?

 

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Wish I knew, because that's just way bad. Apparently, there's a lot of trade-in bundles for the PS4 that steal positions in the Gamestop charts - but that would imply that people exchanged their PS4 en masse before to get enough stock for those bundles to take away that many sales.

Another reason could be people waiting for the PS4 Fortnite bundle, but that drop is too extreme for just that imo.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cant-find-a-playstation-4-blame-it-on-a-part-barely-bigger-than-a-speck-1530282882

Maybe this?

So similar to the Switch last year then 👌



Around the Network
JSG87 said:
Shaqazooloo0 said:

 

 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cant-find-a-playstation-4-blame-it-on-a-part-barely-bigger-than-a-speck-1530282882

Maybe this?

So similar to the Switch last year then 👌

So Sony is having shortages creating artificial demand too?



quickrick said: 

ps4 will beat switch by around 100k March npd or slightly less.

The Nintendo eShop rating Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237454

List as Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aW2hXQT1TheElVS7z-F3pP-7nbqdrDqWNTxl6JoJWBY/edit?usp=sharing

Bofferbrauer2 said:
JSG87 said:

So similar to the Switch last year then 👌

So Sony is having shortages creating artificial demand too?

LOL why would sony do that after being almost 5 years on the market? Thats the wall street journal, maybe thats why sony had such a low forecast.



quickrick said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

So Sony is having shortages creating artificial demand too?

LOL why would sony do that after being almost 5 years on the market? Thats the wall street journal, maybe thats why sony had such a low forecast.

Jeez, I know this is the internet, but can people really not tell when someone is making an obvious joke...?



07/11/18 :

- Amazon :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 7 (-) - 299.00$
2 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 18 (+4) - 299.00$
3 (+2) - XBox One S 1Tb Starter Bundle - 65 (+34) - 297.99$
4 (-) - XBox One X 1 Tb - 71 (+12) - 489.00$
5 (-2) - XBox One S 500 Gb White - 81 (-2) - 239.99$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 0 points (-) ; XBO : 36 + 30 + 20 = 86 points (+44) ; NS : 180 + 125 = 305 points (+17)


- Best Buy :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 2 (-) - 299.00$
2 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 4 (-) - 299.99$
3 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 8 (-) - 299.00$
4 (-) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb - 10 (-) - 399.00$
5 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Starter Bundle - 20 (-) - 299.99$
6 (-) - XBox One X 1 Tb - 22 (-) - 499.99$
7 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - 36 (-) - 299.99$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 195 + 165 = 360 points (-) ; XBO : 115 + 108 + 80 = 303 points (-) ; NS : 205 + 175 = 380 points (-)


- Gamestop :

1 (-1) - Playstation 4 Slim 1 Tb - 43 (+5) - 299.99$
2 (+1) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 81 (-2) - 299.00$
3 (+1) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 128 (-11) - 299.00$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 108 points (+4) ; XBO : 0 points (-) ; NS :70 + 37 = 107 points (-7)

Overall (Today) :

1 - NS : 427.0 points (+6.6) ; Month Average : 407.6 points/day ; 1.0
2 - PS4 : 180.0 points (+4.0) ; Month Average : 191.3 points/day ; 0.47 (-0.02)
3 - XBO : 129.4 points (+35.2) ; Month Average : 138.5 points/day ; 0.34 (-0.01)



Symbios63 said:
07/11/18 :

- Amazon :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 7 (-) - 299.00$
2 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 18 (+4) - 299.00$
3 (+2) - XBox One S 1Tb Starter Bundle - 65 (+34) - 297.99$
4 (-) - XBox One X 1 Tb - 71 (+12) - 489.00$
5 (-2) - XBox One S 500 Gb White - 81 (-2) - 239.99$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 0 points (-) ; XBO : 36 + 30 + 20 = 86 points (+44) ; NS : 180 + 125 = 305 points (+17)


- Best Buy :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 2 (-) - 299.00$
2 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 4 (-) - 299.99$
3 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 8 (-) - 299.00$
4 (-) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb - 10 (-) - 399.00$
5 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Starter Bundle - 20 (-) - 299.99$
6 (-) - XBox One X 1 Tb - 22 (-) - 499.99$
7 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - 36 (-) - 299.99$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 195 + 165 = 360 points (-) ; XBO : 115 + 108 + 80 = 303 points (-) ; NS : 205 + 175 = 380 points (-)


- Gamestop :

1 (-1) - Playstation 4 Slim 1 Tb - 43 (+5) - 299.99$
2 (+1) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 81 (-2) - 299.00$
3 (+1) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 128 (-11) - 299.00$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 108 points (+4) ; XBO : 0 points (-) ; NS :70 + 37 = 107 points (-7)

Overall (Today) :

1 - NS : 427.0 points (+6.6) ; Month Average : 407.6 points/day ; 1.0
2 - PS4 : 180.0 points (+4.0) ; Month Average : 191.3 points/day ; 0.47 (-0.02)
3 - XBO : 129.4 points (+35.2) ; Month Average : 138.5 points/day ; 0.34 (-0.01)

You need to rename your graph, it still says June 2018



quickrick said: 

ps4 will beat switch by around 100k March npd or slightly less.

The Nintendo eShop rating Thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=237454

List as Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aW2hXQT1TheElVS7z-F3pP-7nbqdrDqWNTxl6JoJWBY/edit?usp=sharing