Quantcast
In progress NPD predicting tool

Forums - Sales Discussion - In progress NPD predicting tool

gtjay1982 said:
Is the X1 on sale? Surprised Sony isn't doing a promotion to capture any of the income tax return market. Guess they are content riding out the fiscal year.

Isn't that usually next month ?



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
gtjay1982 said:
Is the X1 on sale? Surprised Sony isn't doing a promotion to capture any of the income tax return market. Guess they are content riding out the fiscal year.

Just checked with nowinstock and yeah, the Fallout bundle is 100$ off (400$ instead of 500$)



02/08/19 :


- Amazon :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 13 (-) - 298.99$
2 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 29 (-2) - 299.00$
3 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 34 (+1) - 299.95$
4 (+1) - XBox One S 1Tb Minecraft - 51 (+15) - 219.00$
5 (-1) - Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb Black - 65 (-5) - 399.99$
6 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Battlefield V - 96 (+4) - 233.00$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 84 + 36 = 120 points (-3) ; XBO : 50 + 5 = 55 points (+19) ; NS : 150 + 94 = 244 points (-4)


- Best Buy :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 1 (-) - 299.99$
2 (+1) - Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb Black - 4 (+1) - 399.99$
3 (-1) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 5 (-1) - 299.99$
4 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 8 (-2) - 299.99$
5 (-) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 - 10 (-) - 399.99$
6 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Fortnite - 51 (-3) - 299.99$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 195 + 175 = 370 points (-5) ; XBO : 165 + 50 = 215 points (-6) ; NS : 210 + 190 = 400 points (-5)


- Gamestop :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 36 (-)
2 (-) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 D - 63 (-14)
3 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 73 (+3)
4 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 78 (+13)
5 (-) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 P - 85 (+14)
6 (-) - Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb Black - 111 (-10)
7 (R) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 White D - 137 (R)

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 74 + 45 = 119 points (+9) ; XBO : 88 + 66 + 32 = 186 point (+32) ; NS : 125 + 78 = 203 points (+2)

Overall :

1 - NS : 478.2 points (-2.2) ; Month Average : 443.3 points/day ; 1.0
2 - PS4 : 289.0 points (+5.6) ; Month Average : 270.9 points/day ; 0.61 (-)
3 - XBO : 354.9 points (+59.8) ; Month Average : 205.1 points/day ; 0.46 (+0.06)

100$ promotion on Fallout 76 XBOX bundle (Both BB and GS) doing work.



Mar1217 said:
gtjay1982 said:
Is the X1 on sale? Surprised Sony isn't doing a promotion to capture any of the income tax return market. Guess they are content riding out the fiscal year.

Isn't that usually next month ?

 

In the US most people get their returns in February that's why it's such a big month usually.   



Hardware revision shares (Feb 8):

PS4:

Slim: 84*0.8+175*02+74=176.2 61%
Pro: 36*08+195*0.2+45=112.8 39%

Xbox One:

S: (50+5)*0.8+ 50*0.2+0=54 18.8%
X: 0+165*0.2+102+88+66+32=233 81.2%

Slim+S 230.2/Pro+X 345.8 40%/60%

X Fallout 76 sale is really pushing the box a lot



Around the Network
gtjay1982 said:
Mar1217 said:

Isn't that usually next month ?

 

In the US most people get their returns in February that's why it's such a big month usually.   

I don't remember about other years but 2018's february was lower than march NPD. Maybe it doesn't take it's full swing there or maybe GOW was just too good of a system seller.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Hardware revision shares (Feb 8):

PS4:

Slim: 84*0.8+175*02+74=176.2 61%
Pro: 36*08+195*0.2+45=112.8 39%

Xbox One:

S: (50+5)*0.8+ 50*0.2+0=54 18.8%
X: 0+165*0.2+102+88+66+32=233 81.2%

Slim+S 230.2/Pro+X 345.8 40%/60%

X Fallout 76 sale is really pushing the box a lot

I've been saying this for ages.  Original X1 buyers are ready to do the upgrade, they just don't wanna pay $500 for it.  

For the life of me I do not understand what the heck MS is waiting to do a permanent price cut on the X1X.



chakkra said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Hardware revision shares (Feb 8):

PS4:

Slim: 84*0.8+175*02+74=176.2 61%
Pro: 36*08+195*0.2+45=112.8 39%

Xbox One:

S: (50+5)*0.8+ 50*0.2+0=54 18.8%
X: 0+165*0.2+102+88+66+32=233 81.2%

Slim+S 230.2/Pro+X 345.8 40%/60%

X Fallout 76 sale is really pushing the box a lot

I've been saying this for ages.  Original X1 buyers are ready to do the upgrade, they just don't wanna pay $500 for it.  

For the life of me I do not understand what the heck MS is waiting to do a permanent price cut on the X1X.

Agreed. I'd even take one of the price was right full well knowing that the neXtbox is coming next year at the latest.

 

Excellent thread. Hope you learnt a lot during the holiday season and implement it this year!



02/09/19 :


- Amazon :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 13 (-) - 298.99$
2 (-) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 31 (-2) - 299.00$
3 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 35 (-1) - 299.95$
4 (+1) - XBox One S 1Tb Minecraft - 57 (-6) - 219.00$
5 (-1) - Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb Black - 77 (-12) - 399.99$
6 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Battlefield V - 95 (+1) - 233.00$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 82 + 24 = 106 points (-14) ; XBO : 44 + 6 = 50 points (-5) ; NS : 150 + 90 = 240 points (-4)


- Best Buy :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 1 (-) - 299.99$
2 (-) - Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb Black - 5 (-1) - 399.99$
3 (+1) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 6 (+2) - 299.99$
4 (-1) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 8 (-3) - 299.99$
5 (-) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 - 12 (-2) - 399.99$
6 (-) - XBox One S 1Tb Fortnite - 42 (+9) - 299.99$

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 190 + 185 = 375 points (+5) ; XBO : 155 + 68 = 223 points (+8) ; NS : 210 + 175 = 385 points (-15)


- Gamestop :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 42 (-)
2 (+1) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 84 (-11)
3 (-1) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 D - 89 (-26)
4 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 94 (-16)
5 (-) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 P - 110 (-25)
6 (-) - Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb Black - 112 (-1)
7 (R) - XBox One X 1Tb Fallout 76 White D - 159 (-22)

Out of Top 100 :

-

PS4 : 58 + 45 = 103 points (-16) ; XBO : 62 + 46 + 21 = 129 point (-57) ; NS : 110 + 68 = 178 points (-25)

Overall :

1 - NS : 447.0 points (-31.2) ; Month Average : 443.8 points/day ; 1.0
2 - PS4 : 262.8 points (-26.2) ; Month Average : 269.8 points/day ; 0.61 (-)
3 - XBO : 277.7 points (-77.2) ; Month Average : 215.5 points/day ; 0.49 (+0.03)



With that gap, either the Switch is selling significantly faster than last year or both PS4 and XBO dropped down significantly