Quantcast
Trump Wants To Be President For Life

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump Wants To Be President For Life

pokoko said:
poklane said:
I have a question for Americans on this sub: what the fuck is it gonna take for you guys to take to the streets to demand his resignation or removal from power?
If a political leader here in western Europe pulls just a fraction of the shit Trump has pulled that person would have been gone for a while now.

I don't even know what this post means.  "Take to the streets"?  The fuck is that?  I'm sure you can find anti-Trump protests all over the place, just like you could find anti-Obama protests.  Who gives a damn, it's not going to do anything.

I'm not sure what you mean about Europe so you'll have to give more details about how protesters could remove a head of state from office.  How does that process work?

As far as Trump being removed, that's a matter of law.  If he does anything that constitutes grounds for impeachment then he can be removed.  Otherwise, he will remain President until his term is over.  There is nothing confusing about that.

He's done PLENTY that should be grounds for impeachment:

-Allegations of sexual assault.

-Conspiring with a foreign entity.

-Escalating racial and classical tensions.

-Made foreign relations with the United States much worse.

-Taken away net neutrality.



Some days I just blow up.

Around the Network

Can't help but feel this is being blown out of proportion. I doubt there's a single politician alive that wouldn't want their position to be permanent, that doesn't make them "evil" or "facist" or whatever.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
Can't help but feel this is being blown out of proportion. I doubt there's a single politician alive that wouldn't want their position to be permanent, that doesn't make them "evil" or "facist" or whatever.

Unless they themselves already are evil and/or fascist, like Trump is.



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:
numberwang said:

Trump made the comments in a speech that was, according to CNN, filled with jokes and told in a lighthearted manner. It appears the comments were likely made in jest.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376604-trump-on-chinese-president-abolishing-term-limits-maybe-well-give

Turning to the media, Trump said he and The New York Times are both New York City icons — “the only difference is I still own my buildings.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT1Vu6ho8fg


Coming from someone as corrupt and hateful as Trump it can't be a joke.



numberwang said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Coming from someone as corrupt and hateful as Trump it can't be a joke.

Loved it!



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Can't help but feel this is being blown out of proportion. I doubt there's a single politician alive that wouldn't want their position to be permanent, that doesn't make them "evil" or "facist" or whatever.

Unless they themselves already are evil and/or fascist, like Trump is.

I've not seen a single thing to suggest that Trump is either of those things. Dumb, sure, but not evil/fascist.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Unless they themselves already are evil and/or fascist, like Trump is.

I've not seen a single thing to suggest that Trump is either of those things. Dumb, sure, but not evil/fascist.

He's incited xenophobia on all fronts, shifted blame from the alt-right to video games for mass shootings, and is very likely a rapist.



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:
pokoko said:

I don't even know what this post means.  "Take to the streets"?  The fuck is that?  I'm sure you can find anti-Trump protests all over the place, just like you could find anti-Obama protests.  Who gives a damn, it's not going to do anything.

I'm not sure what you mean about Europe so you'll have to give more details about how protesters could remove a head of state from office.  How does that process work?

As far as Trump being removed, that's a matter of law.  If he does anything that constitutes grounds for impeachment then he can be removed.  Otherwise, he will remain President until his term is over.  There is nothing confusing about that.

He's done PLENTY that should be grounds for impeachment:

-Allegations of sexual assault.

-Conspiring with a foreign entity.

-Escalating racial and classical tensions.

-Made foreign relations with the United States much worse.

-Taken away net neutrality.

I don't know if you're being serious here or not.  If you are then you should really develop a better understanding of the law before posting about this.  The allegations of sexual assault, for example, would have to go somewhere legally to have any weight.  

The only thing there with any potential to have an effect is the Russia situation and that would require proof.  

Just saying "I don't like him, he should be removed" is meaningless.  If citizens could do that then NO presidency would last longer than a year.



pokoko said:
CaptainExplosion said:

He's done PLENTY that should be grounds for impeachment:

-Allegations of sexual assault.

-Conspiring with a foreign entity.

-Escalating racial and classical tensions.

-Made foreign relations with the United States much worse.

-Taken away net neutrality.

I don't know if you're being serious here or not.  If you are then you should really develop a better understanding of the law before posting about this.  The allegations of sexual assault, for example, would have to go somewhere legally to have any weight.  

The only thing there with any potential to have an effect is the Russia situation and that would require proof.  

Just saying "I don't like him, he should be removed" is meaningless.  If citizens could do that then NO presidency would last longer than a year.

Tell that to the victims of increased police profiling, or the survivors of increased mass shootings.



Some days I just blow up.

This thread is a microcosm of why I hate politics.  

It dissolves into two groups of extremists who are determined to over exaggerate everything and turn any kind of discussion into "alt-right" versus "leftist" bullshit.  

It's exactly like the console wars except a lot more childish.

 

CaptainExplosion said:
pokoko said:

I don't know if you're being serious here or not.  If you are then you should really develop a better understanding of the law before posting about this.  The allegations of sexual assault, for example, would have to go somewhere legally to have any weight.  

The only thing there with any potential to have an effect is the Russia situation and that would require proof.  

Just saying "I don't like him, he should be removed" is meaningless.  If citizens could do that then NO presidency would last longer than a year.

Tell that to the victims of increased police profiling, or the survivors of increased mass shootings.

Okay.  I'm not going to seek them out, though, so they'll have to come here and read what I've already posted.