Quantcast
Puyo Puyo Tetris almost sold 1 million on Switch

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Puyo Puyo Tetris almost sold 1 million on Switch

wombat123 said:
The Switch is going to be the first Nintendo platform since the SNES where developers will not be able to use the "people only buy Nintendo games" excuse if their game sells like shit.

It helps when Nintendo supports third parties properly. Which they failed to do on the snes,  64, GC,  and Wii. The Wii U is where they started but it was too late. The Switch is a new beginning. 



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
CrisYoshi said:
Great to see that Puyo Puyo Tetris reach 1 million, It's a funny and addictive game.

Yeah, when that L block dropped, I laughed my ass off.

Honestly tho, a few dialogues of this game is kind of hilarious.



spurgeonryan said:
wombat123 said:
The Switch is going to be the first Nintendo platform since the SNES where developers will not be able to use the "people only buy Nintendo games" excuse if their game sells like shit.

It helps when Nintendo supports third parties properly. Which they failed to do on the snes,  64, GC,  and Wii. The Wii U is where they started but it was too late. The Switch is a new beginning. 

What? Third parties did well on the SNES.



I'm so glad all of these games are doing well on the Switch. It's becoming harder and harder for 3rd parties to ignore it.



           

spurgeonryan said:
Stardew valley close to a million? Why do you say that?

It's just a guess but the game as been top 3 for months on eShop and one of the best sellers in 2017.



Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
wombat123 said:
The Switch is going to be the first Nintendo platform since the SNES where developers will not be able to use the "people only buy Nintendo games" excuse if their game sells like shit.

It helps when Nintendo supports third parties properly. Which they failed to do on the snes,  64, GC,  and Wii. The Wii U is where they started but it was too late. The Switch is a new beginning. 

28 of the 48 million sellers on SNES were 3rd party.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
spurgeonryan said:

It helps when Nintendo supports third parties properly. Which they failed to do on the snes,  64, GC,  and Wii. The Wii U is where they started but it was too late. The Switch is a new beginning. 

28 of the 48 million sellers on SNES were 3rd party.

Yes, and that is also when the third parties started to have enough. They failed with the SNES, it got worse on the N64, and trickled down to the other systems. The Wii had third parties, but there was no quality control and the good companies were only there to cash in on the system. No one really cared. They are still just cashing in, like anyone would, but the games are actually good and there.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
zorg1000 said:

28 of the 48 million sellers on SNES were 3rd party.

Yes, and that is also when the third parties started to have enough. They failed with the SNES, it got worse on the N64, and trickled down to the other systems. The Wii had third parties, but there was no quality control and the good companies were only there to cash in on the system. No one really cared. They are still just cashing in, like anyone would, but the games are actually good and there.

No, 3rd parties had alot of success on NES & SNES, this is a fact.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

xMetroid said:

This is really good news. I think the Switch has a lot more "close to a million" games than we think ! I think Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Rocket League and Skyrim might be really close.

 

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/04/puyo-puyo-tetris-s-sales-on-nintendo-switch-almost-at-a-million/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

I think there's every chance that Stardew Valley, Minecraft and Rocket League have all already moved a million on Switch. Skyrim will sell a million in time, but probably not yet.



Cream147 said:
xMetroid said:

This is really good news. I think the Switch has a lot more "close to a million" games than we think ! I think Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Rocket League and Skyrim might be really close.

 

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/04/puyo-puyo-tetris-s-sales-on-nintendo-switch-almost-at-a-million/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

 

I think there's every chance that Stardew Valley, Minecraft and Rocket League have all already moved a million on Switch. Skyrim will sell a million in time, but probably not yet.

Overcooked might have a shot as well, that game has done pretty stellar on the eShop.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.